Having our beautiful face marred by pimple marks is one of the most embarrassing feelings ever. No matter how careful an individual is, these marks tend to make an unwanted appearance. Pimples is a skin condition that is usually common during your teenage years; however, if you are facing these problems even after your teenage years then you need to opt for pimple marks removal treatment.
What Are Pimple Marks?
Pimple marks are red or black in color and seen on the various parts of the face (and even the body) after the pimples heal.
Primary Affected Areas
Pimples and pimple marks are no doubt a bane of our existence, and they are made worse by their occurrence all over our face. They can appear on our forehead, chin, and cheeks. No matter which area they appear on your face, following certain pimple marks removal tips can restore your lost beauty.
Causes Of Pimple Marks
Pimple marks on face are caused due to the pigmentation that remains after your pimple has reduced or healed. This phenomenon is commonly known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation since they occur after the initial inflammation (pimple) has reduced. Even after the pimple has been removed, your skin is still sensitive. And when you get exposed to the sun, there is an increase in the melanin production, which causes the skin to turn darker resulting in pimple marks.
Also Read: How To Treat Pimple Marks Effectively?
Pimple Marks Vs. Dark Spots
Though a pimple mark and dark spot might be similar in appearance, there is a slight difference between the two.
- The main difference is that a pimple mark will occur only after your pimple breakout has subsided, whereas a dark spot occurs due to overexposure to sunlight.
- Pimple marks will usually appear on your face, chest, back, and shoulders, while dark spots develop on whichever body part, is over-exposed to the sun.
- Pimple and pimple marks are a result of excess sebum while dark spots can be caused due to exposure to UV light from natural or unnatural sources such as tanning beds.
Most of us get confused between pimple marks and dark spots mainly because the way they appear on the skin is similar. Both these skin conditions are characterized by discoloration of the skin which turns certain areas on your skin dark.
Also Read: How To Remove Dark Spots From Face?
Will They Lighten Or Go Away?
Opting for the ideal treatments will definitely lighten your pimple marks, and over a period of time, you will notice that the marks have disappeared. The time taken for your pimple marks to lighten and go away depends upon their severity.
How To Remove Pimple Marks From Face?
If you are searching for the perfect solution to get rid of pimple marks, there is a wide range of acne spot removal treatments available at cosmetic clinics.
(I) Medical Treatments To Reduce Pimple Marks
- Laser Treatment – Once your acne has healed completely, you can opt for the laser treatment for acne spots. With a 100% success rate, this is one of the most popular treatments which is suitable for all skin types and spots. This treatment has a downtime of 1-2 weeks, and you will notice the complete removal of the acne spots within six months.
- Chemical Peels – Opting for a chemical peel treatment is the best choice for those who have hypertrophic and atrophic spots. A combination of chemicals is applied on your face and left for 2-8 minutes. You will need multiple sessions to get rid of acne spots completely.
- Microdermabrasion – This non-invasive treatment is a great option to treat acne spots. A micro-crystal device is used to gently exfoliate the top layers of the skin which removes all the damaged skin. The procedure lightens the spots and the edges and surface of the pimple marks are smoothened as well.
Watch Now – How To Remove Acne Scars And Pimple Marks
(II) Other Ways To Clear/Reduce Pimple Marks
- Medicated Soaps – A lot of people often use medicated soaps to get a clear face without pimple marks. However, a medicated soap can actually cause more harm than good. This is because these soaps can actually harm your skin as they contain too many chemicals and other harmful substances.
- Anti-Mark And Fairness Creams – The markets are filled with anti-mark and fairness creams claiming that they can reduce pimple marks. But do creams help in reducing pimple marks? Yes, they do, but they also worsen your skin making it more prone to pimples further and other skin-related problems. The chemicals used in these creams are lethal for your skin. Also, continuous usage of these creams makes your skin photosensitive leading to rashes, red skin, sunburns, etc.
- Facials For Pimple Marks – Facials are often used to enhance your overall look. But using it to clear pimple marks might not be a good idea because of various side effects such as blotchy and red skin due to excessive pressure used for exfoliation, tools that are not sterilized can cause pimple breakout, your outer layer of the skin can get damaged because of the sharp tools or the technicians’ fingers, etc.
- Home Remedies For Removing Pimple Marks – The Risks – Do home remedies help in removing face pimple marks? They might in some cases, but you need to be aware of the risks involved as well. Even though they are made using natural ingredients, you can still be at risk as these may not suit your skin Instead of removing the pimple marks, they can aggravate the problem. Using garlic is a very common home remedy; however, it can actually lead to burning of your skin. Similarly, some of those ingredients can make your skin extremely dry leading to unnecessary skin conditions.
Also Read: 11 Powerful Home Remedies For Pimples
Dermatologist’s Advice To Correct Your Skin
Dermatologists will usually advise a four-step skin care routine that will help you in protecting and maintaining the look and feel of your skin.
- The first step is to cleanse your face thoroughly so that all the dirt, dust, excess oil, and grime are completely removed.
- Next step is to exfoliate your face correctly by avoiding unnecessary scrubbing.
- The third step is to ensure that you use a good moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated.
- The final step in the skin care routine is to protect your skin by using a good sunscreen and covering your face to protect yourself from the harsh sunlight and pollution.
With the various acne spot removal treatments available in the market, you do not have to worry anymore about your acne spots on face. Just walk into a reputed skin clinic and say goodbye to all your pimple marks.
Other Interesting Articles For You
1. Is Laser Treatment Good For Acne Scar?
2. How To Remove Acne Scars – Know From The Expert?
3. How Much Does Laser Scar Removal Cost In India?
4. How To Get Rid Of Pimple Scars On Nose?