Most of us have outgrown the phase of pimples, acne scars, dark spots, etc. However, there are many of us who tend to fall prey to pimples and acne scars even when we have crossed our teenage years and are well into our adult life. These ugly pimples and acne scars not only mar our skin but can also affect us psychologically by negatively impacting our self-esteem and confidence.
Pimple And Acne Scar
A pimple is a tender, red bump on the skin with white pus on its tip which can appear on various parts of your body such as the face, neck, shoulders, back and chest. Pimples are a result of hormonal changes, bacterial infection, over-production of sebum (natural skin oil), and inflammation.
Doctors at Oliva treat different types of acne that affect both men and women across all age groups. They specialise in managing hormonal acne and PCOS acne. Based on their evaluation they may classify your acne into the following types and provide customised solutions-
- Grade I comprises blackheads, whiteheads and rare papules.
- Grade II includes numerous papules, pustules and acute blackheads and whiteheads.
- Grade III consists of multiple papules, pustules and few nodular inflammations.
- Grade IV is a severe stage of acne that may manifest in the form of numerous, extensive and excruciating pustules and nodular and cystic acne.
These pimples disrupt the smoothness of skin and often result in inflammation or scars. These acne scars can occur on individual parts of the body such as the face, chin, forehead, arms, scalp, back, chest, neck, hands, legs, shoulders, torso, etc.
Although pimples and acne scars are a prevalent problem, the good news is that there are different topical and oral medicines and treatments available to help you overcome these problems.
Treatments For Pimple And Acne Scar
The treatment type depends upon the severity of the condition. These are the treatments available.
Acne Treatments – The right course of treatment can be decided only after checking the type of acne and its severity. There are different types of treatments such as:
- Medication (Oral and Topical) – These can be prescribed by the dermatologist if your acne is not too severe and is only on the surface of the skin.
- Peel – For acne which is mild in severity, the best course of treatment is using chemical peels which are medium strength (in concentration).
- Extraction – For pimples which penetrate deep into the layers of the skin, an extraction is performed where the dermatologist uses special tools to remove the pimple and control the breakout.
Must Read: Pimple Treatment Options At Oliva
Scar Treatments – Just like different pimple removal treatments, an acne scar can also be removed with the help of different treatments, such as:
- Pixel Laser Resurfacing – This is an almost painless treatment to remove box scars. The pixel laser helps in collagen production simulation which in turn makes the scars less visible.
- Chemical Peel (Deep) – Chemical peels with varying strengths is used for treating flat or pigmented acne scars.
- MNRF – In this treatment method, radio frequency waves with a low voltage are used to stimulate the production of collagen.
- Subcision – Custom needles are used to reduce the depth of the acne scar.
- Fillers – Fillers are one of the quickest acne scar removal treatments where hyaluronic acid is used to fill the acne scars.
- Intralesional Injections – Intralesional injections can be used for treating keloids and hypertrophic scars. These injections help the scar fill while flattenning them.
Read More: Acne Scar Removal Treatment At Oliva
Here Is The Procedure Of Acne Scar Treatment.
Benefits Of Acne And Scar Removal Treatment
Acne and acne scar treatments have a number of benefits which can help in improving your skin.
Acne Treatment Benefits:
- Reduces swelling
- Decreases pus formation
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves your skin by removing all the acne
- Improves your appearance and overall confidence
Scar Treatment Benefits:
- Visible reduction of the acne scar
- Increased production of collagen in the skin
Who Is A Right Candidate?
Any individual dealing with an acne or acne scar problem can opt for treatment. However, pregnant and lactating women, or those who are in going through puberty are not ideal candidates.
What Kind Of Results Can Be Expected?
You will observe that there will be no more pus formation, the the inflammation on the skin is reduced, and the scar is less visible with an overall improvement in your appearance after the treatment.
Ideally, it can take anywhere between 4 to 6 sessions but this depends on the type of treatment being performed.
What Is The Cost Of Pimple And Scar Treatment in Kochi?
The cost of pimple treatment in Kochi begins at Rs 2,000 for each session.
For Scar removal different treatment methods have different costs. Chemical peel cost begins at Rs. 3,000 per session. If you opt for the advanced laser treatment for acne scars in Kochi, then it can cost Rs. 7,000 per session and upwards. The total cost will also depends on cause and severity, number of sessions required, etc.
Why Choose The Oliva Skin and Hair Clinic In Kochi?
The Oliva Skin and Hair Clinic in Kochi is an established and certified clinic which provides holistic treatment for your skin problems. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose Oliva Clinic:
- The protocols followed are highly enforced and standardized
- The entire team displays strong ethical values
- The equipment used is US-FDA approved
- All the dermatologists are highly trained, experienced, and certified.
- More than 1 lakh customers have successfully undergone treatments
How To Get Started?
If you have been dealing with pimple breakouts and acne scars, it is time to have these problems eliminated by booking an appointment with the Oliva Skin and Hair Clinic. You can either book an appointment through our website or call us on our toll-free number 1800-103-3893.
Take a step forward to eliminate them and bring back your lost confidence!