Best Dermatologist In Kochi
At Oliva Clinic, Kochi, leading dermatologists use their medical expertise to offer world-class skin and hair treatments and deliver exceptional results.
Select a location from Kochi
What Is A Dermatologist?A dermatologist is a medical professional who is qualified to diagnose and treat skin, hair, nail and mucous membrane-related related conditions. They are trained to treat over 3000 concerns among all ages.
What Does A Dermatologist Do?A dermatologist:
- Diagnoses and treats skin allergies, hair concerns and skin cancers
- Identifies underlying diseases or medical conditions like diabetes, hormonal imbalances etc, as signs can, for example, show up on the skin or in the form of hair loss or hair thinning
- Can provide solutions for aesthetic concerns like premature balding, marks on the skin, suntan, hyperpigmentation etc.
- Are trained to perform dermatological surgeries to eliminate cysts, skin tags, warts, etc.
- Can also perform cosmetic treatments like Botox and dermal fillers
What Are The Qualifications Of A Dermatologist?A dermatologist has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy Or a Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy DDVL.
- Registration with the State Medical Council.
What Concerns Do Dermatologists Treat?Dermatologists can treat several conditions and can also perform various procedures. Some of the common conditions that dermatologists treat are:
- Different types of acne and acne scars
- Hair Loss/Fall
- Signs of ageing
- Macular Amyloidosis
- Lichen Planus Pigmentosus (LPP)
- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Varicose Veins
- Fungal Infections (of scalp, skin, and nails)
- Nail Concerns (like ingrown nails)
- Allergic Reactions
- Scalp Issues (dandruff, dry scalp, itching, etc.)
- Freckles and age spots
- Skin cancer
- Tattoo removal
When To See A Dermatologist?Certain chronic conditions require an expert physical examination and proper diagnosis for effective treatment. See a dermatologist if you are unable to manage the following skin, nail, and hair conditions on your own:
- A persistent rash that is unresponsive to OTC treatments and self-care
- Your knees, scalp, chest, or lower back have patches of dry, flaky skin
- A mole or freckle that has undergone a visual alteration
- Toenails or fingernails that are brittle or yellow
- Any skin problem that is chronic
- Severe and recurrent acne, including painful cystic acne
- Nail issues, including fungus, ingrown nails, or others
- Excessive hair loss and hair thinning
- Skin growths on your body that resemble warts
- Long-standing hyperpigmentation concerns
- Prolonged skin irritation, itching, and redness
- Persistent nail discolouration or infection
- Concerns regarding swollen veins, especially in your legs
- Signs of ageing, such as wrinkles, age spots, and fine lines
- Scarring from burns, cuts and scratches
How Do I Choose The Best Dermatologist?Make sure to check for the following basic pre-requisites when choosing a dermatologist:
- The doctor’s qualifications, medical license and board certification.
- The dermatologist should be accessible and available in case you have an emergency or follow-up questions.
- Ask family members and friends for recommendations and referrals. You can check client reviews on the internet. This will help you understand if the doctor and the clinic meet your expectations.
- Check the reputation of the clinic the doctor is associated with. Find out about the technology at the clinic.
What Is The Dermatology Consultation Fee In Kochi?A consultation in Kochi, on average is between Rs 500-1500 but varies based on the dermatologist’s reputation, experience, and clinic location.
OUR 91% CLIENT SATISFACTION RATE IS UNPARALLELED!
Searching for the top dermatologists in Kochi? Check our latest reviews. Read below what our clients have to say and learn more about what makes our doctors the best to consult for skin and hair treatments.