- Managing unwanted facial hair is a big challenge. Although there are several hair removal methods available, they offer only temporary solutions. Seems a familiar problem right! Here is a high-tech hair removal service that will give you long-lasting satisfaction. Read on to know more.
Facial hair growth on the upper lip, chin and sideburns are highly undesirable. Most women remove facial hair by waxing, threading, tweezing, or shaving at home or the salon regularly. Grooming is now a part of personal hygiene routine and managing facial hair growth is of utmost importance even for men. Opting for harsh yet temporary hair removal fixes is a constant concern for all.
These temporary hair removal options require investing time and money week after week. Laser facial hair removal is an advanced, more practical and effective method of permanent hair reduction without causing any adverse effects on the skin.
Why Is Laser Technology Used For Facial Hair Removal?
Laser facial hair removal is an innovative treatment using advanced technology. A certified dermatologist performs it by following set protocols. The initial consultation involves a thorough analysis of your skin and hair so that the doctor can suggest the most suitable type of laser treatment and number of sessions you need. She may ask for some medical investigation if necessary to know the cause behind unwanted hair in females. Following the instructions ensures that you get the best results from the treatment.
How Does Laser Remove Hair On The Face?
The laser technology is revolutionary, and it has gained popularity for being the most successful and scientifically proven treatment method for facial hair removal. During the procedure, a concentrated beam of light is targeted on the concerned area. The high-intensity light falls on the hair follicle, and the melanin pigment present in the hair absorbs it. Melanin transmits this laser energy to the entire hair shaft including stem cells, and it destroys them to inhibit future hair growth.
#Unwanted facial hair growth is majorly a concern for women. Watch this video to learn how to remove unwanted hair from face#
What Are The Benefits Of Using Laser For Removing Facial Hair?
If you are wondering why laser is the best treatment method for facial hair removal, go ahead and check out its benefits –
- Safe and effective – Laser hair removal is considered 100% safe procedure for delicate facial skin and adheres to all the safety standards approved by the US It is an effective and non-invasive method of hair removal and gives visible results after a few sessions. It does not cause bumps, ingrown hair, the roughness of skin or pigmentation unlike temporary methods like threading or waxing.
- Precise – Laser beam used for facial hair removal is precise and targets the desired area without affecting the surrounding skin. A dermatologist can use it precisely to remove hair on even the smallest areas of the body such as the nose or upper lip area without harming the skin.
- Affordable – Laser is an affordable treatment option that you should consider over temporary hair removal methods. Instead of spending on temporary fixes for a lifetime, laser facial hair removal stands out as value for money spent in comparison.
- Painless and quick – Laser is a relatively painless procedure, unlike other temporary hair removal methods such as waxing or tweezing. It can be performed as a quick lunchtime procedure within 20-25 minutes for an area like the upper lip.
What Are The Popular Packages For Laser Facial Hair Removal?
Various skin clinics offer laser facial hair removal packages based on different treatment areas. To achieve perfect hair-free skin, one can pick from the following treatment areas depending on the distribution of hair–
- Full face package – Includes areas such as upper lip, chin, nose, sideburns, cheek, forehead, jawline, above and between eyebrows.
- Face and neck package – Includes full face along with front and back of the neck.
When Can The Results Be Visible?
The procedure has no downtime and results are quick. After every successful session, regrowing hair gets thinner and reduces as the treatment progresses. Although the results may vary from person to person, generally after 6 to 8 sessions, complete reduction in facial hair growth is visible.
What Are The Risks Involved?
Fortunately, there are no risks involved in this laser procedure. Some clients may get a feel of hot stone massage or may feel slight warmth due to the heat from lasers. The process is pain-free, and a dermatologist will use a numbing gel to minimise the discomfort (if any). You may experience some minor after-effects such as redness or swelling, but that will subside within a few minutes to an hour.
Now, you know all about laser treatment for facial hair! If you are experiencing unwanted hair growth on your face, why wait? Go ahead and book an appointment at your nearest Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic to avail world-class services.
Things To Know Before Opting For Laser Hair Removal:
Are you planning to go for a laser hair removal procedure on the face? It may be the best method of hair removal yet there are things you need to know before going ahead with it.
According to the dermatologists, here are a few things you need to consider before going for laser facial hair removal to achieve the best results–
- Is laser hair removal suitable for all skin types?
A dermatologist will be able to decide the best technology available for laser facial hair removal and the number of sessions you need based on your skin type and sensitivity to the sun.
- Does it work equally well for men and women?
Both men and women can go for laser facial hair removal and get the best results. Every individual responds differently to laser treatment so the results will vary accordingly.
- What is the duration of the laser hair removal treatment on the face?
The average duration of a laser procedure can vary between 15 minutes and an hour depending upon the size of the target area. Laser hair removal on the upper lip area is a lunchtime procedure that barely takes 20 to 25 minutes.
- What is the efficacy of laser hair removal treatment for the face?
The laser treatment is highly effective in reducing facial hair growth permanently, and it delivers visible results as the sessions advance.