- A clean bikini line sounds too exciting. However, you might be worried about the amount of pain and efforts involved to maintain it. Well, you have a simple, effective and permanent solution to take care of unwanted hair growth around your private parts. Do you want to know more about it? Read on!
Maintaining a hair-free bikini line is no easy task. According to a study that considered a sample of 3,372 women, 84 percent reported performing some level of grooming of their pubic hair. The majority (59 percent) shared that the removal of pubic hair is important for hygiene reasons, while 21 percent indicated that ‘their partner prefers it’. Another category (40 percent) of women said they prefer to remove bikini hair before a doctor’s appointment.
There are traditional hair removal methods, however laser hair removal is, by far, the safest and most effective method for permanent bikini hair removal to achieve a flawless bikini line.
Laser Hair Removal Packages Available For The Bikini Area
Bikini area laser hair removal can be customized. You can choose from several treatment packages to suit your requirement –
- Normal bikini line – The hair surrounding the panty line is targeted.
- Extended bikini line – The hair up to 4 inches outside the panty line is targeted. This package is ideal for women who wear high rise underwear or swimwear.
Benefits of Bikini Line Laser Hair Removal
Whether for hygiene or aesthetic reasons, laser hair removal for the bikini area is the preferred method to achieve long standing and effective results. Here are the benefits of laser hair removal treatment for a hair free bikini area –
- Quick results – The results can be seen right after the first session with gradual improvement with every subsequent session. The results are quick, long lasting and effective when compared to traditional methods of bikini line hair removal.
- Precise –The laser beam targets individual hair follicles to ensure that it does not produce hair.
- No side effects – Laser bikini line hair removal has no side effects unlike traditional methods such as waxing, depilatory creams or shaving. It is safe and comfortable as it will not scar the skin or cause injury.
- Effective – This treatment option is highly effective in reducing hair growth and ensuring long term results while providing long-term financial savings.
- No chance of ingrown hair or scarring – Unlike temporary methods of hair removal, you will not have to deal with ingrown hair, razor burns or irritation.
- Minimal discomfort – Laser bikini line hair removal is a predominantly pain free treatment. Some clients may feel a warm sensation which can be tolerated easily and is easy to get accustomed to in successive sessions.
- Non-invasive method – Laser hair removal does not require incisions in the skin to show results. As a result, there are no chances of infection or other skin issues.
Laser hair removal is one of the most advanced methods of getting rid of body hair. Watch this video to learn how laser hair removal works.
Pre Care and Post Care
A series of pre and post-care instructions are given by the dermatologist to increase the effectiveness of the treatment.
Pre-care instructions –
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, plucking, using depilatory creams or any other method of hair removal on the bikini area four weeks prior to the treatment.
- Avoid bleach or using harsh scrubs for at least 3 days before the session.
Post-care instructions –
- After a laser session, do not use any lotion, cream, powder or perfume in the treated area.
- Do not scratch the area. If required apply an appropriate product suggested by the dermatologist to soothe any discomfort.
Before And After Results
Results can be seen after a series of four to six treatments where you will experience the shedding of targeted hair in-between treatment sessions resulting in considerable hair reduction in the bikini area.
Does It Have Any Side Effects?
No, laser hair removal on the bikini area is completely safe without any major side effects.
- Who is a suitable candidate?
Laser hair removal for the bikini line is suitable for all Indian women with excessive bikini hair growth who are above 18 years old and have light skin and dark hair. However, it is not ideal for women who are pregnant or who have light or blonde hair.
- What is the duration of a treatment session?
The average treatment time varies between 45 minutes to an hour per laser session.
- What is the time interval between sessions?
The treatment intervals for laser bikini hair removal is unique for each individual due to different hair growth cycles and responses to the laser session.
- Who performs the procedure?
The procedure is performed by a trained therapist under the guidance of an experienced dermatologist.
- How many sessions are required?
Typically, 6 to 8 sessions are required to get the best results. The number of sessions also vary with age, skin type, hair growth and hair colour.
- Does it hurt?
Laser hair removal is performed gently. However, some individuals may experience minimal discomfort such as itching or redness due to the heat from the lasers. These conditions are temporary and occur during the initial session after which people become accustomed to it.
- Is Laser Hair Removal Safe in the Bikini Area?
Laser bikini hair removal is completely safe for the delicate bikini area as it is non-invasive and provides no chance of infection, scarring or pain.
- Can men undergo pubic hair removal?
Men find the need to get rid of unruly hair as well and therefore laser hair removal is gaining popularity for a cleaner look.
- Difference between Brazilian and Bikini Hair Removal?
A Brazilian hair removal treatment involves the removal of almost all pubic hair, leaving a strip on the pubic bone. On the other hand, bikini hair removal involves the removal of all hair up to 4 inches outside the panty line . The Brazilian hair removal ensures a smooth and hair-free look in all lingerie and swimwear. The bikini line hair removal, however, limits certain style and is best suited for bikini style underwear or swimwear. Both the options can be customized for the individuals preference.