Acne Scar Treatment In Pune
What is worse than acne or breakouts?
The permanent scars left after acne subsides, right! Undoubtedly, acne scars adversely affect our skin texture and appearance. Most of us use makeup and concealers to camouflage our damaged skin. But if you are tired of these temporary fixes and are looking for a permanent treatment available in Pune to fade your acne scars away and help you flaunt flawless skin, you are on the right page! Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic is an award-winning service provider for advanced aesthetic treatments, including acne scar removal. Oliva Clinic, located in posh localities of Pune like Shivaji Nagar and Kalyani Nagar, offers world-class services and unmatched results at state-of-the-art facilities with the best-in-class USFDA-approved technology and a leading team of top dermatologists who excel in customising non-surgical solutions to reverse collagen damage and restore smooth and spotless skin. Keep reading to know more about the cost of acne scar treatment at Oliva, procedure, technology and more!
What Are Acne Scars?
Acne scars are the permanent marks or spots that inflammatory acne leaves behind due to abnormal collagen production during the skin’s healing process.
What Are the Types of Acne Scars?
Medically, dermatologists classify acne scars into two broad categories –
- Hypertrophic Or Keloid Scars: Excess collagen production during skin healing can lead to the formation of elevated scars, also known as hypertrophic scars, which may extend beyond the original site of acne. Asians and people with darker skin tones are 15-20% more likely than others to have hypertrophic scars on the neck, chest, back and shoulders. Approximately just 10% of acne scars are keloids.
- Atrophic Scars: Also known as depressed scars, these form due to insufficient collagen formation during tissue repair after active acne subsides. Therefore, they mostly appear as deep-pitted marks or ‘potholes’ on the skin’s surface. Atrophic scars have the following subtypes –
- Ice pick scars: The narrow v-shaped vertical scars are the most common side effect of inflammatory acne and constitute up to 70% of atrophic acne scars! They have a minimum width of less than 2mm and resemble the ice pick tool due to their sharp margins and narrow tip. As they go deep into the skin layers, they are challenging to treat compared to other acne scars.
- Boxcar scars: These deep acne scars have very sharp vertical edges and can vary from 1.5-4mm in width. These round or oval scars look like craters on your skin.
- Rolling scars: These acne scars are the widest, with a diameter ranging up to 5mm. They have round margins and remain tethered to deeper layers. They make the skin look uneven and also have a shadowing effect.
Now that you know all about the different types of acne scars, it is time to find the specialised treatments for each.
What Are The Acne Scar Treatment Options Available At Oliva Clinic, Pune?
Several advanced non-surgical acne scar removal treatments are available at Oliva, Pune. However, our expert dermatologists may customise your acne scar removal treatment and select suitable solo or combo procedures based on your acne scar and skin type and the severity of the condition:
- Pixel Laser Skin Resurfacing treatment: This specialised scar correction procedure involves using a USFDA-approved fractionated Erbium YAG laser. Top dermatologists use a laser beam of a specific wavelength to target the damaged tissue using cutting-edge Pixel laser technology. Laser skin resurfacing is a revolutionary non-invasive procedure that helps in stimulating new collagen production and minimising the depth and visibility of boxcar and rolling acne scars virtually painlessly with no significant side effects or downtime.
- Micro-needling Radiofrequency: This is another top-rated advanced acne scar revision treatment our experienced dermatologists recommend. It uses radiofrequency waves to heat the deeper layers of skin and improve collagen and elastin production. It not only helps reduce acne scars and improve skin texture visibly but also offers skin tightening benefits as a bonus. You can expect to restore your blemish-free skin and its youthful appeal at the end of this treatment.
- Chemical Peels: Top dermatologists perform customised acne scar treatment using chemical peels or plant-based extracts of different concentrations based on your skin and scar type and severity. This controlled exfoliation helps restore your skin’s smooth and spotless appearance by eliminating damaged layers and revealing healthy tissue.
- Subcision: This treatment is minimally invasive but virtually painless as dermatologists use topical anaesthesia or numbing cream at Oliva to ensure the client’s comfort during the procedure. Qualified medical experts use tiny needles to release the fibrous anchors of rolling scars to reduce their depth and visibility.
- TCA Cross peel: This aesthetic treatment for alleviating ice pick acne scars involves a focal application of trichloroacetic acid to reconstruct the scarred skin layers.
- Laser Toning: At Oliva, we use the revolutionary Q-switched Nd:YAG laser to correct post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and diminish flat and red macular erythematous scars.
- Intralesional Injections: Leading dermatologists at Oliva are adept at minimising the inflammation associated with keloids using specialised injections.
What to Expect During This Treatment?
At Oliva, we follow stringent safety and service protocols at par with global standards across all our 23 locations, and our Pune clinics are no different. When you opt for the best acne scar removal treatment at Oliva clinic Pune you may experience the following:
- You can enjoy an exclusive consultation with an experienced dermatologist who will examine and evaluate your skin and scar type and severity.
- Your medical expert at Oliva will devise a personalised treatment plan and include suitable modalities and the number of sessions to achieve the best results.
- You may expect diligent pre-care guidance from our doctors.
- You must follow the treatment plan and come for regular sessions recommended after the requisite interval.
- You will receive detailed post-care instructions to maximise the results and minimise any side effects.
Why Choose Oliva Clinic In Pune?
In Pune, Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic is the best clinic for acne scar treatment because of multiple reasons, including:
- It is a trusted medico-aesthetic clinic chain with a multi-city presence and is synonymous with unparalleled professional expertise as Oliva’s in-house medical team consists of over 95 experienced dermatologists who helm our advanced acne scar treatments. If you are looking for the best dermatologists near you, check out our team that includes top dermatologists in Pune like:
- We use the most sophisticated and top-end USFDA-approved equipment for the highest safety and efficacy.
- We have a 13-year-old track record of proven specialisation in acne scar removal treatments after completing over 70,000 procedures.
- We offer cost-effective and non-surgical treatments that give long-lasting results in minimal sessions with no significant downtime or side effects.
- More than 3, 00,000 happy clients rated us a whopping 91% for our satisfactory services.
- All our clinics have world-class amenities for complete comfort and privacy of the clients during the treatment.
- Oliva is a four-time recipient of the No 1 Skin and Hair Clinic title awarded by the Times of India.
Acne scars can remain as signs of permanent skin damage if you do not seek medically-backed treatments from qualified dermatologists for them. Remember that home remedies and salon treatments can worsen your acne-prone skin. To permanently reduce acne scars, head to Oliva clinic in Pune and seek proven treatments that assure visible results from our top dermatologists to get a blemish-free complexion.
How to Get Started?
For a one-on-one consultation with our expert dermatologists to discuss your customised acne scar removal treatment at Oliva clinic, Pune, you can walk into one of our conveniently located branches at Shivaji Nagar and Kalyani Nagar. You can check out our clinic pictures and location details right here! You can 🔗Book An Appointment online. Our customer support team will reach back to you at the earliest to help you schedule an appointment at your preferred time and location. Alternatively, you can call us on our toll-free number 📞1800-103-3893 to learn more about our acne scar removal treatment.
Before opting for acne scar treatment at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic in Pune, you must watch this video to know about the different procedures and the science behind how they reverse these permanent signs of skin damage. These videos featuring our experienced dermatologist will help you gain insight into our medical expertise, customised advanced treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and results you may expect at Oliva to resolve your safety concerns, if any.
*Images are from real clients, and results can be subjective
Before & After Results Of Acne Scar Treatment
Check out our client pictures to note the visible results they enjoyed after opting for acne scar removal treatment at Oliva, Pune.
Treatment results may vary from person to person
Generally, the cost of acne scar treatment in Pune starts approximately from INR 2500 to 15000* per session.
*However, these prices remain indicative only, are subject to revision based on industry trends and strictly do not apply to acne scar removal treatment at Oliva as we specialise in customised treatments.
The cost of acne scar removal treatment at Oliva varies from person to person as it depends on unique factors like the skin type and condition, type and severity of scars, suitable modalities recommended by our dermatologist as solo or combo procedures, number of sessions and the size of the affected area. Please visit your nearest Oliva Clinic in Pune to find out the exact cost of your customised acne scar removal treatment at the earliest.
While there are several at-home acne scar treatments, they can do more harm than good. They are not effective on all skin and scar types, and there is no scientific data only hearsay to back up the promised results. Moreover, they may not work for all.
Many beauty salon services like facials and bleaches claim to reduce acne scars. However, they might involve harsh chemicals that may cause an adverse reaction to your sensitive and scarred skin. Additionally, unlike advanced dermatological procedures, salon treatments are not customised to cater to a particular skin or acne type. This makes them less safe and effective in the long run.
Anyone 18 years old with stubborn acne scars is an ideal candidate for Oliva’s acne scar removal treatments. However, it is not advisable for pregnant and lactating women or those with active acne.
Oliva’s advanced acne scar removal treatment guarantees improvement in your skin texture and reduction in the visibility of the scars. However, you can prolong the results by preventing further breakouts and scarring. Our dermatologists share post-care guidance to help you enjoy optimal results and long-lasting satisfaction.
It is advisable to visit your dermatologist for acne scar removal treatment in Pune when you notice one or more of the following signs –
- If your acne worsens over time.
- If you are having recurrent moderate to severe breakouts.
- If you had inflammatory acne that includes cysts and nodules.
- If your acne subsides but leaves marks that do not fade with time.
- If you note a permanent change in the tone and texture of your skin after acne.
written by Dr. T N Rekha Singh
May 21, 2022
Chemical peel, also known as chemexfoliation or derma peeling, is a clinical procedure that makes use of plant-based chemical solutions...Read More
written by Dr. T N Rekha Singh
May 31, 2022
laser resurfacing is a treatment that removes the surface layer of skin in a controlled manner and stimulates a rejuvenated,...Read More
written by Dr. T N Rekha Singh
April 23, 2022
Radiofrequency Microneedling (RF Microneedling) is a new-age technology that helps in improving the skin texture. It helps in rejuvenating your...Read More