Radiofrequency Microneedling (RF Microneedling) is a new-age technology that helps in improving the skin texture. It helps in rejuvenating your skin and visibly reducing acne scars, open pores, wrinkles, stretch marks, sagging and dullness.
What Is RF Microneedling?
RF Microneedling (MNRF) is a minimally invasive technique that combines the traditional micro-needling procedure effectively with the element of radio frequency energy to rejuvenate the appearance of your skin. The RF pulse carried through fractional technique deep into the dermis enhances skin tightening and reduces acne scars by stimulating the synthesis of both collagen and elastin. The entire procedure causes minimal damage to the upper layers of skin; therefore, it involves marginal downtime.
Top Benefits Of RF Microneedling Treatment
MNRF is a “one shop stop” solution for problematic skin. Let’s look at some of the benefits of micro needling therapy.
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Rejuvenates and tightens skin
- Reduces acne scars, skin pigmentation, open pores, and stretch marks
Common Application Of RF Microneedling
RF Microneedling is a procedure that is suitable for all skin types and offers a wide range of benefits for each skin indication. MNRF helps treat the following:
- Scars due to inflammatory acne especially rolling and box scars
- Minor hypertrophic scars due to acne, vaccination, burns, and chickenpox
- Large open pores
- Saggy skin, wrinkles, and fine lines
- Stretch marks
- Dull complexion
What Is The RF Microneedling Treatment Procedure?
An hour before your MNRF procedure, your dermatologist may apply numbing cream on the target area to avoid any pain or discomfort. He will then proceed to use the advanced equipment by gently pressing it on your skin. This will enable the needles in the tip to deposit the radiofrequency energy at the desired depth. The skin specialist controls the depth of the penetration of the microneedles with precision and continues the process until he achieves desirable results.
What Is The Before And After Result?
MNRF procedure before and after image:
Common Side Effects Of RF Microneedling
Here are a few minor side effects of MNRF.
- Some patients may feel initial discomfort during the procedure.
- RF Microneedling may cause mild swelling and redness, which is normal and generally subside within an hour or so.
- You may develop mild tiny crusts on the target area after the procedure. The dermatologists recommend not to pick the scabs with bare hands, and let them fall on their own.
RF Microneedling Treatment After-Care Tips
Here are a few do’s and don’ts you need to follow after undergoing MNRF treatment
- Make sure you regularly use a non-comedogenic sunscreen with minimum SPF 30+.
- Strictly follow the skin care regimen your dermatologist suggests.
- Avoid salon procedure for a week.
How Much Does RF Microneedling Cost In India?
A single session of Radio Frequency Micro-Needling treatment in any reputed skin clinic in India costs from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25,000 per session. The overall cost of this treatment may vary from one person to another based on the severity of the condition, the target area, the thickness of the skin and the number of sessions recommended. The price mentioned here is indicative only and may vary from one clinic to another based on its reputation, location, equipment used and the experience of the doctor. It is advisable to visit a dermatology clinic to know the exact cost of the MNRF treatment.
- How Is Fractional Radiofrequency Scar Treatment Different From Laser?
– RF uses radio frequency energy waves to heat the collagen under the skin. These waves flow between electrodes positioned on the surface of the skin. Heat flows through the layers of skin with less impedance and stimulates the synthesis of new collagen and elastin thereby tightening the skin.
– The laser uses a highly focussed light beam, which converts into thermal energy (heat). It breaks down and remodels the scars, and over a period, they begin to heal.
- Does RF Microneedling Hurt?
This procedure for scar reduction is probably the least painful one. The lighter setting does not require the use of any numbing cream. However, before using the higher radio frequency for micro needling, your dermatologist may use one to eliminate any discomfort.
- What Is The Downtime Of RF Microneedling?
The downtime of RF Microneedling procedure is very less. Depending on the intensity of the treatment, it may take a day or two for your skin to recover.
- How Many Sessions of MNRF Should I Take And How Often?
Most people require 3-5 sessions of MNRF for over six months to attain visible results. The number of sessions depends on your skin’s response to the treatment.
The time interval between each session depends on the severity of the condition as well the type of RF micro-needling you need to undergo. The dermatologist may suggest treatment sessions after a gap of 4-6 weeks.
- How Do At-Home RF Microneedling Systems Compare To The Professional Services?
At-home RF micro-needling has its pros and cons. It can be cheaper but dangerous. If your research is not thorough, you may mishandle the equipment. Professional MNRF micro-needling is suitable for people who want to have a safe experience. It might be costly, but the results are optimal.
Remember, MNRF does not just treat acne scars, but it can also help you get beautiful skin.
Now, that you know all about RF micro-needling go ahead and book an appointment at your nearest Oliva Skin Clinic and experience the best dermatological care in the country!