Table of Contents
Imagine a stone being missing from your favourite necklace, wouldn’t it make a big difference in how it looks? Well, the same is with the skin and any burn, injury or other trauma to the skin can cause a scar. And, yes, scars are for the brave but don’t you wish you could make them disappear? Read on to know cost of laser scar removal.
Why Should You Consider Laser Treatment For Scar Removal?
Whether due to acne, inflammation, surgery or an accident, a scar is a reminder of something dreadful that happened to your skin. And, with time, these scars only start to get red and thick or sunken out and lumpy. With laser resurfacing technology, you can significantly reduce scars and possibly erase them too (depending on the severity). Laser scar removal is a brilliant procedure to minimize and marginally erase scars by using high-energy light and removing/reshaping areas of the skin that are affected by scar tissue. The benefits of laser scar removal are:
- Quick Procedure – The average treatment duration is upto 2 hours.
- No Downtime – You can walk-out of the clinic after the procedure.
- Effective Results – Improves your appearance within 6-8 sessions.
- Non-Surgical – There is no cuts or bleeding involved in the procedure.
- No Side Effects – Safe procedure with no risk of infection.
- Convenient – Better option over other scar removal methods.
- Precise – Removes scars from face, neck, hand and legs.
- Versatile – Works on all Indian skin types.
Skin clinics across India use the following laser equipment-
• Ablative Laser Resurfacing
• Fractionated Laser Resurfacing
• Non-Ablative Laser Resurfacing
Laser scar removal is a brilliant procedure to minimize and marginally erase scars by using high-energy light and removing/reshaping areas of the skin that are affected by scar tissue.
What Kind Of Scars Are Cured With Laser Treatment?
You can differentiate scars based on their shape and texture, for instance, the flat scars are dark brown or reddish in color. Similarly, rolling scars are sunken with gentle, sloping edges. Also, box scars are sunken like craters but with sharp edges. The process of treatment varies based on the different scars. The following are the various kinds of scars one can come across –
- Keloid Scars – Keloid scars are caused by your skin’s attempt to aggressively heal your injury, so much so that they extend beyond the original injury. You can treat these kinds of scars by going through surgeries, steroid injections, or silicone sheets that flatten the scar.
- Contracture Scars – These scars are the ones that you get due to burns. These scars tighten your skin and disable your ability to move. These, if severe, can go deeper and affect muscles and nerves as well.
- Hypertrophic Scars – Hypertrophic scars are similar to keloids. They look like raised red scars, but they usually never spread beyond the bound of the injury. For treating these scars, you need to use steroid injection or silicone sheets to flatten the scar and reduce inflammation.
- Acne Scars – If, while growing up, you had severe acne, then there is a huge possibility that these acne have left scars on your skin. Scarring that happens due to acne is of different kinds – they can range from deep pits and pin-pricks to having a wave-like appearance. Treatment options depend on the types of acne scars you have.
How Laser Treatment Works For Scar Removal?
How Much Does A Laser Treatment For Acne Scars Cost In India?
The cost of laser scar removal procedure is between Rs.3,000 to Rs.10,000 per session. The price varies based on factors like type, size and depth of scar, experience of practitioner, quality of equipment, extent of treatment and your city of residence etc. Here is a cost comparison across some major cities in India:
Acne Scar Removal (Cost/Session)
|Bangalore||Rs. 3500||Rs. 10000|
|Chennai||Rs. 3200||Rs. 9700|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 3000||Rs. 10000|
|Kochi||Rs. 3400||Rs. 9800|
|Mumbai||Rs. 3500||Rs. 10500|
|NCR (Delhi)||Rs. 4000||Rs. 10400|
|Pune||Rs. 3500||Rs. 10000|
|Visakhapatnam||Rs. 3000||Rs. 10000|
|Kolkata||Rs. 3500||Rs. 9900|
|Vijayawada||Rs. 3000||Rs. 10000|
Important Factors That Affect Pricing
Following are the different factors that can influence the price of laser scar removal in india-
- Size Of Scar – The size of the scar plays an important role in analyzing the treatment required as bigger scars need more attention and would most likely require repeated sessions for best results.
- Depth Of Scar -If the scar is on the superficial layer then it is easy to treat, but if the scar has penetrated through the skin then it will need to be handled differently and therefore will be costed higher as well.
- Practitioner – A medically trained practitioner will charge more for the treatment than a not medically trained person. But, in matters of the skin, you wouldn’t want to save pennies at the cost of being scarred for life.
- Location – Geographical location of the clinic also plays a role in factoring the cost of the procedure. Clinics located in bigger cities and more affluent areas, due to higher rental prices, can charge a few rupees extra.
How To Locate A Nearby Laser Scar Removal Clinic?
It is a dream to have clear skin but not all are blessed with it, which drives people to the skin specialists. With evolving technology, there is hardly anything that cannot be dealt with. The market is flooded with several skin treatments and various skin clinics. How do you shortlist yours? Here is a simple guide for you –
- Go by the reviews on the internet on the various sites.
- Also, further research and see that the staff of the chosen clinic is skilled for the job.
- Check for the type of technologies and instruments being used in the clinic and ensure that everything is of the state-of-the-art level, as you cannot comprise on your skin.
Several good skin clinics offer skin care treatments that help not only in treating your skin but also rejuvenating it. With a combination of technology and medicine, Oliva Skin And Hair Clinic is your destination for all your skin concerns. At Oliva, your skin is first analyzed and then a customized treatment that suits your skin tone/type/texture is suggested for you by their team of expert dermatologists.
Also Read: How To Remove Accident Marks On Face?
Is Laser Scar Removal Permanent?
Laser scar removal helps in marginally diminishing the appearance of scars, but it cannot completely remove them. To permanently deal with your scars, you will have to adopt a combination of procedures and cosmetic techniques, which include procedures like chemical peels, laser therapy, dermal fillers, etc. The effects of these procedures are permanent when a proper skin care routine is maintained after the treatments.
We all want smooth and flawless skin but not all of us are blessed with. But, it sure is in our hands to work hard for that perfect looking skin. You don’t have to live with your scars forever. Yes, time heals the pain, but with some extra help, let us get rid of the hint of appearances of these scars too.