Do you know there are many treatment options for reducing acne scars, burn marks, accidental scars, pigmented scars, or combination scars available in various skin clinics? Read this article to know why laser scar removal treatment is the preferred choice of leading dermatologists in India.
Why Should You Opt For Scar Revision Treatment?
You may be looking for scar removal treatments if you have the following types of scars.
- Acne Scars – You may be having acne scars if you had regular breakouts as a teenager. Scars due to acne can range from deep pits and deep V-shaped scars to those having irregular edges and undulating appearances. Acne scars can affect self-esteem and confidence adversely, and therefore, it has become a most sought after concern.
- Other Scars – Apart from acne, different scenarios like injury, burns, cuts, scratches, chickenpox, surgical procedures (e.g., C-section) and sutures can leave a visible mark or scar on your skin.
With the advancement of dermatology, several treatment options are available to correct several skin issues. Broadly, any scar correction/ treatment falls under non-surgical and surgical solutions, each involving different costs and benefits.The question arises why laser scar removal always stands out. Let’s understand the laser treatment procedure and its benefits in detail.
What Is The Science Behind Scar Removal Treatment?
Laser treatment uses high-intensity focused light energy in a controlled manner to treat the scarred tissue. The deeper skin layers absorb the heat generated to treat the damaged tissue.
It stimulates the fibroblast cells to trigger the natural healing process by producing collagen leading to the complete remodelling of the scar tissue. This reduces the appearance of scars and offers a visible improvement in your skin texture.
Laser scar removal primarily helps treat post-acne and chickenpox scars. Doctors may recommend laser procedure as a standalone or combination treatment.
Check out the video to know more about the scar removal treatment options available for treating different types of scars.
Top 8 Benefits Of Laser Treatment For Scar Removal
Here are some of the top benefits that laser treatment for scar offers:
- Quick Procedure – The average treatment duration is up to 2 hours which includes the preparation time for the laser therapy and involves the application of numbing cream.
- Minimal Downtime –There may be minimal and manageable downtime. Adequate post-care support can reduce your recovery time.
- Effective Results – You can see a noticeable reduction in the appearance of your scars after undergoing 6-8 sessions. However, your doctor will recommend the exact number of sessions based on the type and the severity of the scars.
- Non-Surgical Procedure – The procedure is non-invasive and involves marginal discomfort. It causes no cuts or blood loss.
- No Side Effects – The use of the latest US FDA approved laser technology ensures it is a safe procedure and does not involve any risk of infection or burns.
- Convenient – It is the best option compared to other scar removal methods as it is super convenient.
- Precise – Experienced dermatologists customise the parameters of the laser treatment to treat your scars with precision without causing damage to the surrounding tissue.
- Versatile – It is a suitable procedure for all Indian skin types.
Cost Of Laser Treatment For Acne Scars In India
Laser acne scar removal cost in India varies between Rs 7,000 and Rs 20,000 per session, depending on the size of the area treated. However, it may differ for one person to another due to the type and severity of the scar, the treatment option selected and the number of sessions recommended.
Other types of scars and price of laser treatment:
- Chickenpox scar removal costs from Rs 6,000 to Rs 20,000.
- Burn marks removal costs from Rs 10,000 to Rs 30,000.
- Accident/injury scar removal costs from Rs 5,000 to Rs 20,000.
Please note that the above prices are indicative only. It may vary from clinic to clinic due to its location and reputation, the experience of the dermatologist and the laser technology used. It is advisable to visit a reputed skin clinic to know the exact cost of laser scar removal treatment.
Here is a price comparison across some major cities in India:
Laser Treatment for Acne Scars (Cost/Session)
|Bangalore||Rs 7,000||Rs 20,000|
|Chennai||Rs 7,000||Rs 20,000|
|Hyderabad||Rs 7,000||Rs 20,000|
|Kochi||Rs 5,000||Rs 18,000|
|Mumbai||Rs 8,000||Rs 22,000|
|NCR (Delhi)||Rs 8,000||Rs 22,000|
|Pune||Rs 6,000||Rs 18,000|
|Visakhapatnam||Rs 5,000||Rs 17,000|
|Kolkata||Rs 7,000||Rs 20,000|
|Vijayawada||Rs 5,000||Rs 15,000|
Factors That Affect The Cost Of Laser Scar Removal Treatment
The following factors influence the price of laser scar removal in India-
- Size Of The Scar – The size of the scar plays a vital role in analysing the modality of treatment and the number of sessions required. Both these factors may up the price of treatment.
- Depth Of The Scar -Scars that penetrate the deeper layers of skin, will need more sessions of laser treatment and involve a higher cost of treatment.
- Type Of Scar – Different types of scars require a combination treatment which may increase the expense involved.
- Experienced Practitioner – A trained doctor with more experience in using specialised techniques may command a higher fee for the procedure.
- Clinic Location – Clinics located in major cities and at posh localities may charge a premium for offering advanced aesthetic treatments.
Cost of Other Scar Removal Solutions In India
Here are some of the other dermatologist-recommended treatments for scar removal and their cost details.
- Chemical Peels For Scars – Dermatologists use plant-based extracts to exfoliate the upper layers of dead skin. The treatment helps fade pigmented scars to a large extent.
Price ranges from Rs 3,000 to Rs 7,000 per session
- Microneedling Radiofrequency (MNRF) – Radiofrequency currents help to create thermal zones in the dermis and reduce scars. The heat generated stimulates new collagen production and improves the appearance of the skin.
Price ranges from Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000 per session
- Microdermabrasion – A microdermabrasion treatment is mildly abrasive and helps remove the dead cells from the surface layer to reveal undamaged and firmer skin.
Price ranges from Rs 2,000 – Rs 5,000 per session
- Dermal Fillers – Doctors administer fillers containing hyaluronic acid at the site of the depressed scar to fill it for a few months or up to a year. Over time, the enzymes in the body digest the hyaluronic acid. This modality of treatment does not offer long-lasting results.
Price ranges from Rs 20,000 – 1,00,000 per session (Based on the brand)
- Skin Grafting – This is a complicated surgical procedure that helps treat severe scars. It involves using a graft from body areas with higher fat content, such as the thighs and transplanting it in the target area. In some cases, the texture of the graft may not match that of the surrounding skin. Doctors use this modality for treating burn marks or post-traumatic scars. Surgical options tend to be invasive, expensive, and involve significant downtime.
Price ranges from Rs 50,000 – Rs 1,00,000
- Excision – This procedure reduces the appearance of the scar by cutting the tissue out and fusing the skin with multiple layers of appropriate sutures.
Price ranges from Rs 15,000 – Rs 25,000 per session
- Topical Applications – Using silicon-based scar removal creams may not be as effective as the laser treatment for reducing scars. These topical applications are available OTC, but it is advisable to ask a doctor before using them. Topical creams have a limited effect as they cannot penetrate the deeper layers of skin.
Price ranges from Rs 900 – Rs 7000 (The cost of these creams varies based on the brand and composition)
Also Read: How To Remove Accident Marks On Face?
A doctor decides the modality of treatment based on the type and the severity of the scar. Laser treatments are one of the most effective procedures for scar removal due to their precision and efficacy. However, your dermatologist may advise it in combination with MNRF and chemical peels procedure to achieve the best results.
Before and After Results Of Laser Scar Removal Treatment
After a few sessions of laser scar removal, you can observe a remarkable reduction in the visibility of your scar and a visible improvement in your skin texture. Go ahead and check out the before and after images of individuals undergoing laser scar removal treatment at reputed skin clinics.
- Are All Scars Treatable?
Yes, laser resurfacing for scar removal helps treat all types of scars with remarkable results. The treatment choice and prognosis depend upon the type and the severity of the scar. The laser treatment reduces skin irregularities and scars by regenerating the layers to reveal a flawless skin texture.
- Can Scars Be Removed Completely?
Scars can be erased or faded to an extent where they become almost invisible if they are mild to moderate. Laser resurfacing does not make them vanish entirely but helps diminish the appearance of the scars.
Now you know all about the procedure, benefits and cost of laser scar removal treatment. If you are looking for advanced aesthetic solutions to get rid of your scars, book an appointment at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic today!