laser resurfacing is a treatment that removes the surface layer of skin in a controlled manner and stimulates a rejuvenated, healthy skin layer from beneath. The Cost of laser skin resurfacing in India ranges from Rs 10,000 to Rs 16,000 per session.
What Is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Fraxel laser resurfacing is a treatment that removes the surface layer of skin in a controlled manner and stimulates a rejuvenated, healthy skin layer from beneath. During this procedure, doctors target concentrated pulsating beams of light precisely on your skin to remove the damaged top layer and deliver a visible improvement in your skin texture.
- Fractional laser resurfacing can treat scars, marks or skin irregularities by stimulating new collagen production. The treatment also helps to correct ageing issues, suntan, uneven skin tone, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- A laser acne scar resurfacing treatment helps in creating controlled thermal zones in the target area, thereby stimulating collagen production and remodelling, resulting in a decrease in the depth of the scars. This advanced procedure can reduce even the most stubborn spots, thus restoring your skin’s smoothness and texture.
Laser Resurfacing Cost In India
The cost of laser skin resurfacing in India ranges from Rs 10,000 to Rs 16,000 per session. This cost may vary based several factors including:
- Severity of the concern
- Number of sessions required
- Type of the laser used
- Experience of the doctor and the clinic reputation
- Geographic location
Note: The cost mentioned above is indicative and varies from one clinic to another. The figure refers to the average price range for laser skin resurfacing treatment across major cities in India, such as – Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Pune, Kochi, Vizag, Delhi, Mumbai, etc.
Benefits Of Laser Skin Resurfacing
Here are the top seven benefits of laser skin resurfacing treatment:
- It is a safe and effective treatment.
- It has manageable downtime.
- It is a non-invasive procedure.
- It is a quick treatment.
- It offers long-lasting results.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It has no significant side effects.
Body Areas That Laser Skin Resurfacing Can Treat
Dermatologists can perform laser skin resurfacing on the following areas of the body:
- Face: To treat acne scars, post chicken pox scars, post-traumatic scars, burn scars, surgical scars, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles etc.
- Neck, Arms And Chest: To treat marks secondary to acne, chickenpox, age spots, uneven skin tone due to suntan etc.
Types Of Lasers Used For Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Dermatologists use different laser technologies to perform laser skin resurfacing treatment, including the following:
- Ablative Lasers – The heat from the laser damages the outer skin layer in a controlled manner creating micro-injuries. It breaks down old collagen, making way for healthy collagen production and new skin with more compact and organised fibres. Since the treatment works by gently heating the dermis; it is safe for treating sensitive areas of the face. It can help deliver smoother and firmer skin and reduce the visibility of scars. Treatments using this laser involve an extended downtime and a higher risk of scarring, secondary infection and pigmentation if one does not follow proper post-care guidelines. Types of ablative treatments include the carbon dioxide (CO2) laser and the erbium laser.
- Non-ablative Lasers – These are less invasive when compared to ablative lasers and do not cause open wounds. Non-ablative lasers work gently to treat the dermis without affecting the skin’s surface. The controlled heat affects only the targeted tissue and triggers collagen production. The production of new collagen helps reduce the visibility of unwanted scars and causes skin tightening and rejuvenation.
Treatments that use this type of laser are painless with low downtime and are comparatively safer for darker skin tones. They work best to treat mild to moderate scars and reduce post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and deliver blemish-free skin.
- Pixel Fractional Resurfacing – Fractional laser resurfacing is the most preferred technique to treat scars with precision. The laser energy splits into tiny beams to treat the affected area of the skin in a more focused way. Unlike ablative lasers which vaporise the skin’s top layer in a confluent manner, these lasers selectively treat the target area by creating evenly-spaced microscopic perforations leaving intervening columns of healthy skin. This process facilitates faster healing and significantly reduces the downtime and risk of complications. This treatment is safe for all skin types and works best to treat old blemishes, scars, ageing issues, and enlarged pores.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate?
Laser resurfacing works on almost all skin types. Anyone suffering from the concerns mentioned above and over 18 years of age can opt for this procedure. However, it is not advisable for pregnant and lactating women. Clients under specific medication or those who are prone to hypertrophic scars or keloids may not be suitable candidates for this procedure.
What Are The Steps Involved In A Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment Procedure?
Here are the following steps you can expect while undergoing laser skin resurfacing treatment:
- The dermatologist will examine your skin thoroughly during the consultation, to assess the severity of your skin concern and customise a treatment plan that may include laser skin resurfacing as a standalone or combination treatment.
- Your dermatologist will share pre-care instructions to help you prepare or prime your skin before the laser resurfacing session to enhance its healing and reduce the risk of any possible side effects. You need to follow pre-care instructions for a few weeks before the actual procedure.
During The Procedure
- On the day of treatment, a therapist will cleanse your skin to remove any traces of excess oil, dirt and makeup.
- She will then apply a numbing cream to the target area to ensure that the treatment is painless and comfortable.
- The doctor will perform a patch test by passing a laser beam on a smaller area before starting the procedure.
- The dermatologist will then customise the parameters like the fluency of laser and the number of passes required based on your skin type and severity of the concern.
- A therapist will apply soothing cream and sunscreen after the doctor completes the session.
- Your doctor will provide post-care support to help you enjoy sustainable results.
Watch This Below Video To More About Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Must Read: How Do You Get Rid Of Acne Holes On Face?
Before And After Results
Check out the images that show the visible improvement in the skin texture and firmness after laser skin resurfacing treatment
Side Effects Of Laser Skin Resurfacing
Check out the side effects of laser resurfacing treatment to make an informed decision:
- Laser resurfacing is associated with manageable downtime as it may cause mild redness, swelling, crusting which lasts for two to five days
- After some deep laser treatments, the face may tend to look skinned with crust formations that last for a short time.
- Clients with darker complexions are prone to skin pigmentation and discolouration if they do not follow post-care instructions.
- In cases of acne scar removal treatment, the presence of any active acne is a deal-breaker for laser skin resurfacing procedure.
Must Read: How To Get Rid Of Deep Acne Scars?
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind while opting for laser skin resurfacing treatment:
- It is imperative for you to approach a clinic that has qualified doctors and certified therapists who follow rigorously tested protocols while performing advanced dermatological procedures. Do not compromise on the reputation of a clinic as any laxity can cause irreparable damage to your skin.
- Ensure that the clinic uses the latest technology that has proven safety and efficacy.
- Ensure that you discuss your medical history in detail with your dermatologist before choosing the treatment.
- Take into consideration the number of sessions required, costs, and side effects (if any) to make an informed decision.
- Religiously follow the pre and post-treatment guidelines shared by your doctor to minimise the risk of side effects and complications.
- Your dermatologist may conduct a patch test before the actual procedure to choose appropriate parameters suitable for your skin.
- He/she might prescribe some medical treatment along with this aesthetic procedure to achieve optimal results.
Hope you find this article on laser skin resurfacing treatment informative and helpful.
If you are looking for an advanced solution for reducing your scars and treating saggy skin contact a reputed skin clinic and find out if laser skin resurfacing is the best solution for you.