Dry skincare during the monsoon can be arduous as the high humidity in the air causes problems like acne and other skin issues. As the weather is damp and moist, the skin could also become prone to fungal and microbial infections. This article has some simple and effective skin-care tips from top dermatologists to take care of dry skin during the rainy season. Read on to know more!
How to Take Care of Dry Skin in Monsoon?
Some common issues people with dry skin face during monsoon are patchy, scaly, dehydrated skin, and irritation. Dry skin also tends to break out more in this season, appearing dull and tired. Eczema is a common skin condition most people with dry skin face during the monsoon. Hence, taking proper care becomes important to prevent further damage.
If you are struggling with concerns related to dry skin, here are some expert-recommended tips to get relief from the skin woes this monsoon:
Drink Water And Stay Hydrated:
Irrespective of the season, it is important for people with dry skin to hydrate frequently. It becomes even more necessary during the monsoon as the skin is dry and itchy. Water will also help flush out toxins from your body. Make sure that you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
• Moisturise The Skin Thoroughly:
It is essential to use a hydrating moisturiser to boost your skin’s protective barrier against infections. This will prevent acute scaling and itchiness and maintain healthy, soft, and supple skin. For better results, opt for moisturisers with SPF such as Oliva Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion. It is a dermatologist-approved, non-comedogenic sunscreen lotion that hydrates the skin and protects it from UVB/UVA rays.
Get Non-Comedogenic Skin Products:
Products with chemicals are harsh on the skin. Experts recommend choosing non-comedogenic skin-care products. You can choose Oliva Skin Essential Kit for Dry/Sensitive Skin. It has a cleanser, moisturiser, and sunscreen, specially formulated for dry and sensitive skin.
Opt For Chemical Peels Treatment:
Consult an experienced dermatologist for controlled exfoliation of damaged skin. He or she may recommend applying a plant-based extract based on your skin type and concern for revealing flawless skin.
Use A Cream-Based Face Wash:
It is advisable to use a cream-based face wash to clean your pores without eliminating natural oils from the surface. Avoid using alcohol-based face cleansers or toners to prevent skin dehydration. Always consult a dermatologist to choose products best suited to your skin type.
Avoid Hot Showers:
For people with dry skin, hot, steamy showers are a big no-no as they make your skin even drier. Hot water can open up the pores on the skin and make it more susceptible to acne and other issues. Use cold or lukewarm water to prevent skin damage and moisturise soon after a bath.
Consume A Balanced Diet:
Having a healthy diet is key to maintaining glowing and hydrated skin. Choose wholesome foods that contain antioxidants to eliminate free radicals that cause skin damage. Avoid consuming caffeine, sugar, and other inflammatory fats. Oily food also often causes acne, eczema, and other fungal infections, so limit their consumption.
Dry Skin-care Routine For Monsoon:
Now that you understand the dos and don’ts of maintaining healthy skin, here is a basic skin-care routine for dry and sensitive skin that you can take inspiration from:
- Wash your face twice a day with a mild cleanser. You can opt for Oliva’s Soothing Face Cleanser for Dry/Sensitive Skin, which does not contain any harsh chemicals. After washing your face, just pat it dry. Do not rub your skin while drying. Use separate towels for your face and body.
- Use a deeply nourishing moisturiser that suits your skin the best and apply it twice a day.
- Use an under-eye cream that helps moisturise the delicate skin and prevent dark circles.
- Use a lip balm with SPF. It works wonders for alleviating chapped lips, prevents cracking and discolouration.
- Even though it is cloudy outside, do not forget to apply a sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 or more at least 20 minutes before stepping outdoors. Look for a lightweight and broad-spectrum sunscreen. You can choose Oliva Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion. A dermatologist-approved, non-comedogenic sunscreen lotion that nourishes your skin while keeping it sun-safe.
- If you regularly apply makeup, choose non-comedogenic products. Ensure that you remove it before bed, as makeup can clog your skin pores, leading to acne or breakouts.
- Avoid experimenting with homemade face packs or skin remedies, as their efficacy and safety remain unproven.
While it is necessary to take care of your skin throughout the year, special care is essential for dry skin during the monsoon. Getting adequate sleep, eating healthy, and exercising are some crucial steps to maintain skin health. It is best to consult a dermatologist for a customised skin-care regimen. Visit Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic for an expert consultation today!