Best Treatments For Skin Pigmentation
Get Rid Of Skin Discolouration And Pigmentation
Have you recently noticed small discoloured areas and dark patches on your skin or an uneven skin tone? Pigmentation is a common concern that can affect your complexion adversely and may appear in different forms like melasma, freckles, sunspots, pimple marks and more. Find safe and effective scientifically-proven treatments recommended by top dermatologists for minimising different types of pigmentation issues right here to restore your spotless complexion and youthful radiance.
Common types of Pigmentation Concerns:
Most pigmentation concerns result in discoloured patches of skin that appear darker than the surrounding areas, making the skin tone uneven. The most common types of pigmentation concerns include:
- Age spots: Also known as sunspots or liver spots, they occur primarily on sun-exposed areas such as the face, chest, shoulders and arms. They appear as brown, tan or black coloured spots on the skin because of increased localised melanin production stimulated by ageing-related degeneration and prolonged sun damage.
- Melasma: Women often develop large and irregular patches of dark skin during pregnancy on the forehead, nose, upper cheeks, lips and stomach that persist for long, increase with sun exposure and tend to recur. It is also known as Chloasma or the mask of pregnancy. Men may occasionally have this type of pigmentation too.
- Freckles: These are tiny light brown to black irregular spots occurring on the face, especially around the eyes, cheeks and nose in young to middle-aged adults. They may be familial and increase by extended UV exposure without sun protection.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH): PIH appears as dark spots or patches after an inflammatory skin disturbance, such as acne or eczema. They usually appear on the face and neck but may occur in any body area.
- Macular Amyloidosis: This type of pigmentation refers to greyish or dusty brown stains that appear anywhere on the body, especially on the arms, back and chest. These dark patches with a rippled pattern appear due to the accumulation of amyloid or amyloid-like proteins in the dermis. They are a common skin concern among middle-aged females.
- Suntan: Hyperpigmentation may occur in common areas such as the face, neck and arms due to prolonged exposure to harmful sun rays. Acute skin damage due to UV radiation may lead to sunburns or even skin cancer.
- Lichen planus pigmentosus (LPP): This condition leads to large, diffused grey patches in sun-exposed body areas. It results in persistent, stubborn pigmentation that occurs primarily on the face and neck of dark-skinned individuals.
Now that you know about the common pigmentary concerns, it is time to find out about available advanced aesthetic treatments for minimising them painlessly and visibly.
Scientifically-Proven Pigmentation Treatments Available At Oliva:
It is possible to treat and reduce pigmentation with the help of advanced scientifically-proven procedures that eliminate your skin’s melanin build-up safely and effectively and lighten your skin tone. The treatments at Oliva begin after consultation with a qualified dermatologist who analyses the affected area for the type, depth and possible causes of pigmentation. He/she customises the treatment plan as per requirement and may suggest the following methods as a single or combination treatment based on the diagnosis.
- Chemical peels: At Oliva, dermatologists prime your skin before applying plant-based extracts for controlled exfoliation of damaged layers, known as chemical peeling. Chemical peels help eliminate melanin build-up, reduce pigment formation and reveal visibly brighter skin. Your doctor may recommend different concentrations of chemical peels and multiple sessions after three to four weeks, depending on your skin type and the severity of your pigmentation. You may note exfoliation from the treated area for a few days post a peel procedure.
- Laser Toning: This revolutionary method, available at Oliva, uses a laser beam to break the excess melanin into smaller particles, which the immune system of the skin eventually eliminates to help restore your flawless complexion. It is ideal for treating superficial and deeper pigmented patches such as suntan, pigmentary demarcation lines, melasma, sunspots and acne marks on the face. It can also help reduce tan, macular amyloidosis, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and Lichen planus pigmentosus to correct the skin tone of different body areas. Q-switched Nd:YAG laser is the top choice of leading dermatologists for this painless and effective pigmentation treatment. You may require at least six to eight sessions at monthly intervals to regain your natural skin tone based on the type and severity of pigmentation and the target area.
Besides the above procedures, Oliva’s expert dermatologists advise a customised skin-care regimen based on your skin type using suitable non-comedogenic products like cleanser, sunscreen and topical medications to optimise the treatment results and deliver long-lasting satisfaction.
Who Is An Eligible Candidate For Pigmentation Treatment?
Anyone who is 18 years old and above can opt for pigmentation treatment. However, it is not advisable for pregnant and lactating women.
Why Choose Oliva For Pigmentation Treatment?
Here are some reasons that make Oliva the top clinic for pigmentation treatment:
- Oliva is synonymous with unparalleled medical expertise with the largest in-house team of 85+ qualified dermatologists.
- Oliva has an impressive track record of performing more than 50,000 pigmentation treatments with a holistic approach.
- Oliva offers USFDA-approved treatments using revolutionary laser technology and follows stringent protocols at par with global standards to prioritise your safety and comfort.
- Our facilities across India have state-of-the-art amenities to ensure you enjoy a world-class experience and outstanding results.
- Over 3,00,000 clients rate Oliva an unprecedented 91% on the satisfaction scale for our unmatched quality of care.
- Oliva is a trusted name for advanced aesthetic treatments and the proud winner of many industry awards, including the No 1 Skin & Hair Clinic title by the Times of India for four consecutive years.
How To Get Started?
If you want to restore your flawless complexion and bid farewell to your unwanted pigmentary spots and dark patches on your skin, fill out the 🔗Book An Appointment form and consult our qualified dermatologists for a detailed assessment of your skin concerns and suitable treatment. Alternatively, you can call us at 📞1800-103-3893, and our customer support team will be happy to schedule your visit at your preferred date, time and location.
Laser Treatment For Pigmented and Dull Skin Explained By A Dermatologist
Oliva offers advanced FDA approved laser toning treatment for reducing skin pigmentation and dullness visibly. Check out the video and gain an insight into the details of the procedure performed by an expert dermatologist.
*Images are from real clients, and results can be subjective
Before & After Results Of Pigmentation Treatment
Check out the real images of our clients before and after the sessions of pigmentation treatment at Oliva.
Treatment results may vary from person to person
Experienced in-house team of
consultation with the doctor
Advanced US-FDA approved
Well trained and certified
Served 3,00,000 happy customers
Stringent guidelines and set
protocols for better service efficacy
Laser treatment is safe and effective for treating deep and stubborn pigmentation on the face that does not respond to topical medications.
Some skin clinics have pigmentation treatment costs starting from INR 4150 for chemical peels per session. The laser treatment price range may start from approximately INR 9400 per session. However, the overall cost of pigmentation treatment may vary depending on the cause and severity of the condition, the treatment method used as solo or combo options, the number of sessions and the size of the target area.
*Please note that the general price range mentioned here is indicative only based on current market trends and is subject to constant change. This cost does not apply to pigmentation treatment at Oliva specifically, as we specialise in providing customised treatment unique to each client’s needs. The cost of our treatment at Oliva remains subjective and varies from person to person. Please visit your nearest Oliva clinic to learn about your customised treatment plan and the cost involved.
You can start noting an improvement in your skin tone after a few sessions. However, it will be progressive as your sessions advance. You can achieve visible results at the end of the treatment. Our advanced pigmentation treatment can boost the collagen levels in the target area, prevent ageing-related dullness and degeneration and rejuvenate your skin tone and texture.
No, pigmentation does not usually recur after laser treatment at Oliva, as our doctors treat the root cause with a holistic approach. However, you must follow the pre and post-care instructions and go for minimal maintenance sessions as your dermatologist recommends to enjoy long-lasting results.
Laser treatment is relatively painless, but one might experience a mild pricking or burning sensation during the treatment.
Oliva accepts all leading payment options, including cash, credit and debit cards, e-wallets and Paytm.
For optimal results, dermatologists at Oliva recommend approximately six to eight pigmentation treatment sessions. However, the exact number of sessions you need will depend on your skin type, the cause and severity of your condition, the selected treatment modality, and the target area.
No significant side effects are associated with the pigmentation treatment as the dermatologists at Oliva thoroughly analyse your skin type, the cause and level of pigment and then customise the treatment accordingly. Also, adequate pre-care guidance helps prepare the skin for advanced aesthetic treatment. At Oliva, our trained medical experts use cutting-edge USFDA-approved laser technology and abide by global safety standards to deliver optimal results with minimal risk. They offer extensive post-care support to alleviate any transient discomfort you may feel and reduce downtime. You may have temporary redness post the session, which subsides within one to two hours.
Laser toning treatment involves zero downtime, while specific chemical peel treatments may require a recovery period of a few days.
Yes, you can enjoy long-lasting results with Oliva’s advanced solutions. However, you must complete your recommended sessions diligently, follow pre and post-care advice, use adequate sun protection and opt for minimal maintenance sessions as per your dermatologist’s advice based on your pigmentation type, cause and severity.
Your experienced dermatologist at Oliva may share the following pre-care instructions:
- Men should shave at least 12 hours before the session.
- Your doctor may advise you to stop using specific medications and products three to four days before the service.
- Do not use scrubs or home remedies two days before the treatment.
- Avoid any salon services one week before the session.
- Moisturise your skin at least three to four times a day from at least three days before the scheduled service.
- Do not wear any makeup or use other cosmetic products on the day of your treatment.
- Feel free to reach out to your doctor in case of any doubt/query.
Our medical experts at Oliva may share the following post-care advice to minimise the side effects and optimise the results of pigmentation treatment:
- Avoid using soap or cleanser for the first 12 hours after the service; wash your face with only water.
- Do not exercise and use makeup for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Skip using the steam and sauna baths and swimming pool for the next three days.
- Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out and reapply every three hours. Avoid direct sun exposure after the service.
- Stay away from using creams/scrubs/home remedies for four to six days.
- Avoid salon services for at least a week after treatment.
- If you note mild redness or irritation, apply a cold compress. Avoid rubbing or picking your skin, and apply a moisturiser three to four times daily.
- Men can resume using after-shave products 12 hours after the service.
- Do not hesitate to seek medical help if you have any significant discomfort or doubt.
written by Kushneet Kukreja
March 31, 2022
The appearance of black blotches or discoloured skin on the face is a normal concern. This occurs as a result...Read More
written by Dr. T N Rekha Singh
November 16, 2022
The term café au lait spots or café au lait macules (CALM) derives its origin from the French word ‘café...Read More
written by Dr. T N Rekha Singh
July 08, 2022
Mongolian spots are flat and irregularly shaped and are usually present at birth or within the first few weeks of...Read More