Skin Tag Removal: Treatments, Cost, & Benefits
Skin tags or acrochordons are skin-coloured pedunculated benign tumours that occur in body creases due to friction and may be an aesthetic concern for men and women. Top dermatologists at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic can help eliminate skin tags safely using USFDA-approved revolutionary technology. Read on to learn more about the skin tag removal procedure, benefits and results right here to make a wise choice!
What Are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are benign, soft, skin-coloured non-cancerous growths that usually hang with a peduncle or stalk.
They can appear anywhere on the body but most commonly occur in the areas of friction and skin folds like:
- Upper chest
- Under the breasts
- Inner thighs
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin Tags?
Most of the time, skin tags are asymptomatic. However, constant rubbing with clothes or jewellery may cause:
What Are The Causes Of Skin Tags?
Skin tags occur due to excess cellular growth in the superficial skin layers. Skin tags tend to occur in skin folds due to friction. The causes of skin tags may be diverse and may include the following:
- Hereditary factor
- Insulin resistance
- Metabolic syndrome
- Hormonal imbalance
- Skin ageing
They barely grow due to rare syndromes.
How To Diagnose Skin Tags?
Dermatologists diagnose skin tags after physical examination. Due to the distinct characteristics of skin tags, experienced medical experts can distinguish them from other skin growths like moles and warts. Skin tags are skin-coloured or dark brown pedunculated growths ranging in size from 2 to 5 mm.
What Are The Treatments Available At Oliva For Skin Tag Removal?
At Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic, experienced dermatologists safely remove skin tags using radiofrequency or electrocautery methods. After a physical examination of the size and location of the skin tag and assessing the underlying cause, our dermatologists decide the suitable modality.
They will first apply topical or local anaesthesia for 30-60 minutes to ensure you enjoy a virtually painless procedure. Next, they may use radiofrequency energy to heat the tissue by using alternating electric currents. Alternatively, they may perform electrocautery by applying direct current to the target tissue through a tiny thin probe to eliminate the skin tag by burning it. You may expect the skin tag to shed naturally within a week after the procedure.
Our dermatologists prescribe topical antibiotics to speed up the skin healing process in the target area and prevent any secondary infections. They may advise a follow-up session to minimise the risk of recurrence.
What Is the Treatment Procedure For Skin Tag Removal At Oliva?
If you enrol for skin tag removal at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic, here is the standard procedure you may expect:
- One-on-one consultation
- Customisation of the treatment plan
- Pre-care guidance
- Scheduled session
- Post-Care support
- Follow-up session
What Are The Pre-care Instructions For Skin Tag Removal Treatment?
Leading dermatologists at Oliva take adequate precautions to ensure you achieve the best results by sharing detailed pre-care instructions that include the following:
- Avoid using creams containing active ingredients like alpha and beta hydroxy acids and retinoids, three to four days before the session in the target area
- Stop trying home remedies at least 3 days before the treatment.
- Skip using the scrub 3 days before the session.
- Stay away from salon services for a week before your skin tag removal treatment.
- Follow a regular skin-care regimen using a mild cleanser, non-comedogenic moisturiser and broad-spectrum sunscreen suitable for your skin type to maintain healthy skin.
What Are The Post-care Instructions?
Experienced dermatologists at Oliva provide post-care guidance to minimise the side effects of the skin tag removal treatment:
- Avoid picking the treated area.
- Use topical antibiotics for the prescribed duration.
- Apply sunscreen without fail to prevent sun damage.
- As per your dermatologist’s advice, complete your follow-up session to achieve the best results.
Benefits Of Skin Tag Removal At Oliva
If you enrol for skin tag removal treatment at Oliva, you can look forward to enjoying the following multiple benefits:
- Virtually painless and super-safe procedure
- Customised solution
- Comprehensive care
- No significant complications
- Cutting-edge technology
- State-of-the-art and hygienic infrastructure
Why Choose Oliva for Skin Tag Removal?
If you are looking for the best dermatologist for skin tag removal, Oliva is your safest bet for the numerous reasons listed below:
- Oliva has the largest team of 100+ dermatologists trained in customising advanced aesthetic solutions.
- All 23 Oliva clinics boast world-class facilities to safeguard client confidentiality and comfort
- Oliva boasts of revolutionary technology to ensure optimal efficacy and results
- We are the market leader across major cities like Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Pune, Vizag and Kochi
- Oliva is synonymous with excellence, and over 3,00,000 happy clients gave us an unprecedented 91% rating on the satisfaction scale
- Oliva bagged several industry accolades over 13 years of its existence, and has recently won the award for being the No 1 Dermatology Clinic Chain in India by the Times of India
How To Get Started?
You can schedule your consultation for skin tag removal at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic by filling out the Book An Appointment form or contacting our customer care team at 📞1800-103-3893. You can also visit your nearest Oliva clinic in Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Pune, Vizag and Kochi.
We look forward to offering you our unmatched services soon and winning your trust for life!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The cost of skin tag removal treatment at Oliva is different for every person. It depends on factors like the underlying cause, its severity, the number of skin tags to be removed, and the treatment method.
Click here to know the exact cost of your Skin Tag Removal Treatment.
Skin tags commonly occur due to insulin resistance, diabetes, and obesity. Avoiding weight gain by following a healthy lifestyle can reduce skin folds and friction to help prevent skin tags.
Skin tags are common in middle-aged men and women.
Warts, certain moles, neurofibromas and seborrheic keratoses are other skin conditions that resemble acrochordons.
Skin tag removal at Oliva is a virtually painless treatment, as our dermatologists use topical or local anaesthesia to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
Chances of the recurrence of skin tags are minimal if one maintains a healthy lifestyle and avoids weight gain. However, skin tags may recur if there is any hereditary tendency.
Home remedies and OTC creams do not have proven safety and efficacy to eliminate skin tags and may cause contact dermatitis, burns and irritation. Self-removal of skin tags or treatment by untrained professionals may cause infection and further complications.
Anyone above 18 having skin tags can opt for safe and effective removal procedures at Oliva. However, our dermatologists advise pregnant and early lactating mothers against opting for it. Radiofrequency treatment is contraindicated for those with pacemakers or metal implants near the target area. In such cases, our medical experts may suggest electrocautery as a suitable treatment option. Skin tag removal treatment is avoidable if there are active skin infections in the area to be treated.
written by Dr. T N Rekha Singh
May 21, 2022
Skin Tags: Causes, Treatment and Cost
Have you noticed soft, fleshy bumps of skin growing on your neck or in your underarm area? these can be...Read More
written by Kushneet Kukreja
July 08, 2022
How To Remove Warts On Face?
Warts are so unattractive, even the word can make you cringe. They are ugly little things that can take the...Read More
written by Kushneet Kukreja
December 04, 2021
How To Remove Moles On Face Permanently?
Moles are a very common occurrence on the body. Although, some people consider them as beauty spots and associate them...Read More