Everyone likes to have a flawless and youthful skin, which can easily be achieved through skin rejuvenation. It includes all kinds of treatments that improve the overall texture and quality of our skin. In any leading skin rejuvenation treatment, various scars and irregularities are healed through stimulating collagen production in the skin. There are dedicated solutions for men and women that one can try depending on their skin type.
What Is Skin Rejuvenation Treatment?
Skin rejuvenation makes use of various kinds of invasive and non-invasive techniques that improve the overall quality of the skin. This is done by getting rid of wrinkles, fine lines, acne vulgaris, bumps, pigmentation, and other kinds of scars. Heat, light, or non-toxic chemicals are used to rejuvenate (or resurface) the skin. While the collagen skin rejuvenation can be performed on any body part, laser skin rejuvenation is one of the most common facial rejuvenation procedures. Skin rejuvenation for men and women both are gaining prominence.
What’s The Best Skin Rejuvenation Treatment?
Non-invasive techniques include low-risk treatments with minimum side effects, if any, and a fast recovery period.
- Laser Resurfacing: A fractional laser resurfacing is a procedure that uses a wand-like laser instrument to remove the upper layers of skin. It is sometimes referred to as “laser peeling” since it removes old skin cells in order to reveal newer, more youthful cells.
- Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling: A revolutionary treatment that visibly tightens your skin and reduces the signs of ageing by targeting fine lines, wrinkles, loose skin, stretch marks and open pores. This procedure offers visible results, with recommended 6-8 sessions.
- Chemical Peels – Skin peeling is one of the most common chemical-based anti-aging procedures available. In this, safe chemicals are applied to the skin, which peels its upper layer or epidermis. On the basis of the intensity of the peel solution and the duration it is applied for, chemical peeling can be classified as light, medium, or deep. Light chemical peeling is a popular non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment with almost no side effects. It peels the upper layer of the skin, letting the younger skin cells grow and attain a flawless texture.
Chemical peeling is often performed with other rejuvenation treatments and can show results immediately. If you have minor scarring, you can see visible changes after a single session as well. It is considered as a facial skin rejuvenation treatment.
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation: In the Intense Pulsed Laser treatment, controlled rays of light are used to rejuvenate the skin. The damaged tissue is exposed to a broad spectrum of light which is later removed by the natural growth of the collagen. IPL procedures are most frequently performed on the face to remove sun damage, fine lines, wrinkles, and other age spots. The IPL skin rejuvenation treatment results in younger looking skin in a short span of time. It takes a few weeks to complete the process over a few sessions.
- PRP Treatments: PRP is a complete hair and skin rejuvenation treatment that works as an ideal anti-aging technique. In Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP treatment healthy platelets are extracted from the blood. Later, these platelets are injected into the affected areas. The rich plasma contains high protein content that can heal and enrich our skin. The overall duration of PRP treatment for skin rejuvenation depends on the severity of damaged tissue. It can rejuvenate almost every body part, including the face and the scalp.
- Microdermabrasion: Another non-invasive way to rejuvenate skin is through Microdermabrasion. Finely calibrated tools with wire or diamond tips are used to create micro-wounds in the skin tissue and boost the production of fresh collagen. Microdermabrasion can also be performed on any major part of the body where the skin is not extremely sensitive. It takes a between 2-3 sessions to get ideal results.
- Oxygen Therapy: It has been observed that over time our skin loses its glow due to a lack of oxygen. In this treatment, atomized moisturizers are sprayed on the skin in a pressurized oxygen stream. This hydrates the skin and makes it smoother instantly. While the oxygen therapy for skin rejuvenation might not heal scarred tissue, it can hydrate your skin and make it look younger after a single session. Therefore, it is mostly performed with other non-invasive methods.
Must Read: How To Get Flawless Skin?
Benefits Of Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Laser skin rejuvenation is one of the most recommended treatments available, especially if you wish to rejuvenate the skin under eyes and other sensitive areas.
- Laser skin rejuvenation can heal prominent age spots, pigmentation, and other blemishes while improving the overall quality of the skin.
- It is a non-invasive technique which is relatively painless.
- The treatment is flexible and requires one or two sessions a month. It can further be customised without any hassle.
- The results are long-lasting as it tightens the skin and heals it from within.
- There are minimum side effects from laser treatment and it has a quick recovery period.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Cost In India
It can range between Rs. 7,000 – Rs. 20,000 per session. The overall costing of a laser skin rejuvenation treatment depends on several factors such as skin type, the extent of the condition, expected results, etc. The total number of sessions also factor in the overall cost.
Must Read: Is Laser Treatment Good To Remove Scar?
Before And After Results
Tips To Rejuvenate The Skin
- Exfoliate your skin regularly to get rid of the dead skin cells.
- Avoid the use of too many cosmetic products that can harm your skin. Choose products with natural ingredients that suit your skin type.
- Keep your body hydrated, exercise regularly, and consume healthy food to nourish your skin.
- If you have oily skin, then keep your skin clean to make sure you don’t get clogged pores.
- Protect your skin from UV rays and sun damage by applying sunscreens with an SPF above 30.
- Avoid scrubbing your face excessively as it can widen your pores and dehydrate your skin.
- Only get skin rejuvenation treatments from certified dermatologists and at a reputed skin clinic.