Laser hair removal is one of the most advanced methods of getting rid of body hair. As this uses the latest technology available, there is a mass misconception that it is expensive. Surprisingly, it may be quite cost-effective in the long run. The cost of laser hair removal fits every budget, making it the most popular option for hair removal.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal treatment is a non-invasive, aesthetic procedure that uses a highly concentrated beam of laser light to penetrate the hair follicles. The pigment in the hair follicle absorbs the laser energy and destroys the stem cells to inhibit future hair growth. Laser hair removal is one of the most preferred methods for getting rid of unwanted hair as it is an entirely safe procedure with no downtime.
Check out this video to know more about the procedure:
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal?
Even though laser hair removal is a successful and effective method, most people shy away from using it in favour of regular salon treatments. Here are the top 7 reasons that make laser hair removal a preferred option:
- Precise: Lasers offer accurate and safe hair removal.
- Fast: Average laser hair removal session lasts for a maximum of 45 minutes.
- Effective: It offers permanent hair reduction and long-lasting satisfaction.
- No More Ingrown Hair: With the use of lasers, you can safely say goodbye to the pesky ingrown hair.
- No Side Effects: Laser hair removal treatment has minimal side effects.
- Affordable: The laser treatment is economical in the long run when compared to other conventional hair removal methods.
- Pain-Free Treatment: It is almost painless; at the very most, a client might find the experience similar to a hot stone massage.
Is Laser Hair Removal Cost-Effective?
In terms of grooming needs, laser hair removal is a one-time investment. This process will not only save you money but time, tears, and energy used for frequent salon trips. A few sessions of laser hair removal treatment cost way less than a lifetime of money spent on razors, hair removal creams, or waxing. Let’s look at this comparison to get a better view:
Must Read: Does Laser Hair Removal Work For Men?
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost In India?
The average cost of laser hair removal treatment in India usually ranges from Rs 1,500 to Rs 3,000 per session. The price might vary based on factors like hair density and texture, skin type, type of laser, causes of hair growth, clinic reputation, the experience of the dermatologist and your location.
To provide you with insight, here’s a list of the price you may incur for laser hair removal for the upper lip area. It entails an indicative laser hair removal cost in India for major cities, but the final price may vary from individual to individual.
|Laser Hair Removal (Cost Per Session)|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 1,200||Rs. 2,400|
|Bangalore||Rs. 1,600||Rs. 2,400|
|Chennai||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,500|
|Pune||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,500|
|Kolkata||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,500|
|Kochi||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 2,500|
|NCR (Delhi)||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 3,000|
|Mumbai||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 4,000|
|Visakhapatnam||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 2,500|
|Vijayawada||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 1,500|
*Based on the prices prevailing in different laser hair removal centres across major cities in India, like – Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Pune.
Available Laser Hair Removal Packages
Laser treatment effectively helps achieve smooth and hair-free skin. Reputed clinics across India offer various packages to make the procedure more cost-effective. Here are some of the popular packages available at skin clinics across India:
- Full Face: This package will include hair removal treatment for the upper lip, chin, upper and lower face, cheeks and ears.
- Underarm: As the name suggests, an underarm package will consist of armpit hair removal.
- Upper Torso: This package will include hair removal service for the shoulders, forearms, chest, abdomen, upper back, lower back, and the areola.
- Bikini Line: Private part/pubic hair removal packages will include a bikini line or Brazilian options.
- Legs: It will consist of cost for removal of hair on upper or lower legs and hips.
- Full Body: A full body package will include all the above areas of the body.
Here is a snapshot of the pricing per session for some of the laser hair removal packages:
|Laser Hair Removal Packages (Cost Per Session)|
|What It Covers||Minimum||Maximum|
|Upper Lips||Rs. 1,600||Rs. 3,000|
|Chin||Rs. 1,900||Rs. 3,600|
|Face||Rs. 5,500||Rs. 9,000|
|Underarms||Rs. 2,500||Rs. 4,000|
|Bikini||Rs. 3,000||Rs. 7,000|
|Arms (Upper + Lower)||Rs. 7,000||Rs.14,500|
|Legs (Upper + Lower)||Rs. 11,000||Rs.21,000|
|Chest||Rs. 5,200||Rs. 9,500|
|Abdomen (Full)||Rs. 4,900||Rs. 9,000|
|Back (Upper + Lower)||Rs. 10,500||Rs.19,500|
*Based on the prices prevailing in different laser hair removal centres across major cities in India, like – Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kochi, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
Factors Influencing The Cost
Numerous factors determine the cost of laser hair removal treatment for an individual. Let us understand them better:
- Size Of The Target Area – The size of the target area determines the cost of laser hair removal treatment. Treating larger areas involves longer sessions, and hence, they may be more expensive. For instance, laser treatment for the upper lip area will cost much less compared to the chest, hand, or legs.
- Number Of Sessions Required – The number of sessions required for a laser hair removal treatment will vary for every individual. Typically, an entire laser treatment comprises of 6 to 8 sessions, but if you need more sessions than that, the cost will increase.
- Hair Type – The cost of laser treatment largely depends on the texture of hair as well as its density. Coarse hair takes more time to remove during a laser session, and it may require prolonged treatment that may add to the overall cost.
- Skin Tone Of The Treatment Area – Usually, the skin tone of a target area determines the complexity of a laser session. Darker skin may require a few extra sessions and that might increase the overall cost of treatment.
- Hair Colour – Hair colour is a significant factor that affects the total cost of laser treatment. Dark-coloured hair such as brown, black, and dark brown require fewer sessions than light-coloured hair and involve a lesser expenditure.
- Choice Of Laser Equipment – The type of laser equipment used during the treatment also affects the total cost. The dermatologist selects the most suitable laser technology based on your skin/ hair analysis. The most popular options for laser hair removal in India include Nd YAG, Soprano ICE, Diode and Alexandrite lasers.
- Experience Of Your Dermatologist – Laser hair removal treatment performed by qualified doctors will be safer and more effective than services rendered at salons by untrained staff.
- Men Vs. Women – Men have coarser hair than women and require more sessions than them.
Finance Options And Insurance Coverage
Medical insurance is not available for laser hair removal treatment as it is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that does not require hospitalisation. However, one can opt for monthly installments for availing a laser treatment; many skin clinics offer this payment option. Apart from that, one can opt for financing options available via third-party financing firms to pay in small installments without any hassle.
If excess body hair is an aesthetic concern for you, consult an experienced doctor today at a reputed clinic and find out a suitable laser hair removal package within your budget that will give you the best results.