Table of Contents
Laser hair removal is one of the most advanced methods of getting rid of body hair. As this uses the most advanced technology available, there is a generalised perception that it is expensive. You will be surprised to know that it may be quite cost-effective in the long run. In fact, the cost of laser hair removal will fit every budget making it the most popular option for hair removal.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal treatment is a non-invasive, cosmetic procedure that uses a highly concentrated beam of laser light to penetrate hair follicles. This, in turn, is absorbed by the pigment inside the hair follicle and completely destroys it to inhibit future hair growth. Laser hair removal is one of the most preferred methods for getting rid of unwanted hair in India. It is a completely safe procedure with no downtime.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal?
Top reasons why you should opt for laser hair removal:
- Precise –Lasers offer precise and safe hair removal.
- Fast –A typical laser hair removal treatment session lasts up to 45 minutes.
- Effective –It is highly effective and results are long-lasting.
- No more ingrown hairs –With the use of lasers, the pesky ingrown hair can be zapped forever.
- No side effects –Laser hair removal treatment has either mild transient or no side effects.
- Affordable –The laser treatment is economical in the long run when compared to other conventional methods.
- Pain-free treatment –It is painless in most cases or one might feel a slight tingling sensation due to the heat from lasers at most.
Is Laser Hair Removal A Cost-Effective Method?
Laser hair removal should ideally be seen as a one-time investment as it will not only save you money but time, tears and energy used for frequent salon trips. A few sessions for laser hair removal treatment cost way less than the lifetime of money spent on razors, hair removal creams or waxing. Here is a comparison
Also Read: Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost In India?
The average cost of laser hair removal treatment in India usually ranges from Rs. 1,500 to Rs. 3,000 per session. The price might vary widely based on factors like hair density and texture, skin type, type of laser, causes of hair growth and your city of residence.
To provide you with a rough estimate for the procedure, we have compiled a laser hair removal price for the upper lip. The list entails an indicative laser hair removal cost in India for major cities but the final prices may vary between individuals.
|NCR (Delhi)||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 3,000|
|Mumbai||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 4,000|
|Kolkata||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,500|
|Chennai||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,500|
|Bangalore||Rs. 1,600||Rs. 2,400|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 1,200||Rs. 2,400|
|Pune||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,500|
|Kochi||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 2,500|
|Visakhapatnam||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 2,500|
|Vijayawada||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 1,500|
Available Laser Hair Removal Packages
Laser treatment effectively helps achieve flawless and smooth skin. Reputed clinics across India offer various packages for this treatment to ensure a reduction in your overall treatment price. Here are the package options and body areas included:
- Full Face – A face package will include the upper lip, chin, sides of the face, cheeks, ears, neck and the back of the neck.
- Underarm – As the name suggests, an underarm package will include armpit hair removal.
- Upper Torso – The upper torso package will include the shoulders, forearms, chest, abdomen, upper back, lower back, and the areola.
- Bikini Line – Private part/pubic hair removal packages will include a bikini line or Brazilian options.
- Legs – Leg packages will include the upper or lower legs and hips.
- Full Body – A full body package will include all individual body parts.
|What It Covers||Minimum||Maximum|
|Upper Lips||Rs. 1,600||Rs. 2,400|
|Chin||Rs. 1,800||Rs. 2,800|
|Face||Rs. 5,500||Rs. 8,000|
|Underarms||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 3,000|
|Bikini||Rs. 3,000||Rs. 5,000|
|Chest||Rs. 4,500||Rs. 7,500|
|Abdomen||Rs. 6,000||Rs. 7,000|
Factors Influencing The Cost
There are a number of deciding factors that determine the cost incurred for a complete laser hair removal treatment for an individual. Let us explain them–
- Target Area –The size of the targeted area is a deciding factor for laser hair removal cost. Treating larger areas is more expensive and relatively longer. For instance, laser treatment for the upper lip area will cost much less compared to the chest, hand or legs.
- Number of Sessions Required –The number of sessions required for a laser hair removal treatment will vary with every individual. Typically, an entire laser treatment comprises of 6 to 8 sessions but if you need more sessions, the cost goes up.
- Hair Type –The cost of laser treatment largely depends on the texture of hair as well as its density. Coarse hair takes more time to remove during a laser session and it may result in extra sessions leading to an increased cost.
- Area Being Treated –The level of difficulty during laser treatment varies with the area being treated. Usually, the skin tone of a targeted area determines the complexity of laser session. Darker skin may take longer to treat and that might increase the overall cost by adding more sessions to the entire treatment.
- Hair Color –Hair color is a major deciding factor in the overall cost of laser treatment. Lasers works effectively on dark colored hair such as brown, black, dark brown and require fewer sessions when compared to other light colored hair. This eventually affects the cost of treatment.
- Choice of Laser Equipment –The type of laser equipment used during the treatment also affects the overall cost of a laser treatment. The type of laser used will be determined by your dermatologist and vary on the basis of your skin/ hair analysis. The most popular options for laser hair removal in India include Nd YAG, Soprano, Diode, IPL etc.
- Experience Of The Dermatologist – The cost of an effective and result-oriented laser hair removal treatment may be higher in some clinics as compared to their less expensive counterparts. The difference lies in the expertise of the technician and their years of experience in dermatology.
- Men Vs. Women– This is due to the increased coarseness and thickness, and volume of hair in men when compared to women. As a result, more sessions are required for men, thus, the cost of the procedure increases.
Finance Options And Insurance Coverage
Laser hair removal treatment is not covered by medical insurance as it technically is not a medical emergency but a cosmetic procedure. However, one can pay in small monthly instalments for a laser treatment which is an option provided by many clinics..
Apart from that, one can opt for financing options available via third-party financing firms to easily pay in small instalments without any hassle.