When it comes to shedding extra kilos and obtaining numerous health benefits — a vegetarian diet gives more effective results and augments your weight goal. Unlike non-vegetarians, vegetarians have less body fat percentage because a plant-predominant diet is naturally low in calories. This article will explore the vegetarian diet for weight loss and how it may help lose weight faster.
What Is a Vegetarian Diet?
A vegetarian diet typically includes plant-based and dairy food products and excludes meat, fish, poultry. There are four main types of vegetarian diets: Lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet, Lacto-vegetarian diet, Ovo-vegetarian diet, and Vegan diet. Eating plant-based proteins instead of animal proteins means having less saturated fat, saving many extra calories. A vegetarian diet is naturally low in fat which means you end up shedding fat faster.
Must Read: Non-Surgical Weight Loss Treatment
Vegetarian Foods That Aid Weight Loss
Most common vegetarian foods for weight loss include:
- Non-starchy vegetables: zucchini, mushroom, broccoli, cucumber, celery, etc.
- Whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, barley, millet
- Lean proteins: nuts, seeds, legumes, Greek yogurt, soy milk, tofu, butter, eggs
- Fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, berries
- Healthy fats: olive oil, avocado, coconut
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, chia seeds
Tips to Lose Weight on a Vegetarian Diet
The following strategies can help you lose weight faster on a vegetarian diet:
- Incorporate high-energy protein with every meal or snack
- Opt for whole grains and complex carbs which promote fullness
- Choose high-fiber or non-starchy vegetables to decrease your calorie intake
- Eat unprocessed and whole foods
- Watch your food portions by pairing nuts and seeds with low-calorie foods
- Avoid or limit processed foods such as frozen meals, unhealthy additives, extra sugar, extra salt, etc.
Foods to Avoid on a Vegetarian Diet for Weight Loss
- Avoid highly processed or refined fats like margarine
- Avoid sugary snacks and beverages such as energy drinks, sodas, etc.
- Limit the intake of high caloric sauces and dressings such as mayonnaise, ketchup, etc.
- Do not consume highly processed foods loaded with preservatives
- Stay away from imitation dairy products
- Avoid meat replacements
- Avoid refined or processed carbs
Must Read: 7 Days Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Sample Vegetarian Meal Plan for Weight Loss
This six-day vegetarian diet plan for fat loss will help you get healthier, slimmer, and leaner faster while ensuring that your daily calorie intake does not exceed 2,500 calories. Don’t forget to maintain your water intake without adding sweeteners. With this, you will save a ton of calories.
Breakfast: 3/4th cup of oatmeal topped with your favorite berries and cinnamon
Lunch: whole wheat vegetable wrap
Snack: 1 medium apple
Dinner: Quinoa with roasted veggies such as mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes
Breakfast: 1 serving muesli with Greek yogurt and fruits such as apple, banana, pear
Lunch: zucchini noodles with homemade sauce and sunflower seeds
Snack: almonds and dark chocolate
Dinner: Black bean soup with a side of whole-grain bread and a salad
Breakfast: a smoothie bowl prepared with spinach, almond milk, banana, hemp seeds, and chia seeds with shredded coconut for garnish
Lunch: vegetable hummus bowl with olives and roasted veggies such as broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes
Snack: 1/4th cup sliced strawberries and 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Dinner: vegan chickpea salad
Breakfast: Two eggs with sliced avocado and whole-wheat toast plus a side of a medium apple
Lunch: vegetarian panner tikka masala
Snack: a whole-grain granola bar and cashews
Dinner: stuffed capsicum with salsa and beans topped with sour cream
Breakfast: oatmeal cooked in one part skimmed milk and one part water, topped with raspberries and 1 tbsp chopped nuts
Lunch: stir fry vegetables with tofu, broccoli, brown rice, soy sauce
Snack: one hard-boiled egg seasoned with salt and pepper
Dinner: curried chickpea stew with a slice of toasted whole grain bread
Breakfast: plain Greek yogurt with walnuts, grapes, pineapples, shredded coconut
Lunch: an egg salad with whole-grain toast and sautéed veggies such as carrot, broccoli, bell peppers
Snack: string cheese or an orange
Dinner: lentil soup with salad
It is easy to follow the vegetarian diet chart for weight loss by preparing your meals, in advance, for the entire week. These meal plans are for a single person, and you can adjust them according to your personal preferences. Following a nutritious vegetarian diet consistently will aid in weight loss and keep you satiated for long.
For personalized weight loss services from top-notch industry experts, visit your nearest Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic. Do not forget to like and share this article!