A chemical peel treatment is a procedure that uses varying strengths of plant extracts for controlled skin resurfacing and to improve skin texture. The article will focus on the benefits and applications of chemical peels and their cost to get clear skin.
What Factors Determine The Cost Of Chemical Peel?
The chemical peeling price per treatment session depends on factors such as:
- The type of peel (deep chemical peels cost more when compared to light or medium strength peels cost)
- Your skin type and the severity of the concern
- Reputation of the clinic and doctor
- The city you are staying in
Cost Of Chemical Peeling Treatment In India
The cost of chemical peel treatment in India is between Rs. 1,800 – Rs. 5,500 per session, though it might vary based on different factors. Here is a list of average pricing of chemical peeling in clinics across the main cities in India:
Chemical Skin Peeling Procedure Average Cost/Session In Rs.
Also Read: Types Of Chemical Peels
Following are the most popular peels used in all major clinics in India along with their price per session and average number of sessions required for the treatment –
- Salicylic peel – Salicylic acid peel cost starts at Rs. 1500 per session. Known for controlling acne, salicylic acid acts as a superficial peeling agent to treat the upper layer of the skin to get rid of clogged pores and acne.
- Glycolic peel – A Glycolic peel cost starts at Rs. 1500 per session and shows effective results. This peel is used for common skin conditions such as acne, wrinkles, sun spots, uneven skin texture and discoloration. It helps restore healthy skin while repairing the signs of aging.
- Kojic peel – Kojic acid peel cost starts at Rs. 1000 per session and requires multiple sessions for the best results. The peel uses glycolic acid with kojic acid to remove the surface dead skin layer to reveal healthy and radiant skin underneath.
- TCA Peel – TCA peel cost starts anywhere between Rs. 900 to Rs. 2000 per sitting. Multiple sessions are needed before you start seeing results. TCA or trichloroacetic acid peel helps undo skin damage caused due to external factors. It is especially beneficial for people with melasma, acne scars, etc.
Lactic peel –A lactic acid peel is best suited for people with dry or sensitive skin. The price starts at Rs. 1500 per session.
- Claze Argi peel – The dark circle peel or claze argi peel requires multiple sessions, each priced anywhere between Rs. 2000 to Rs. 3000. This peel is helpful for people with dark circles or discoloration around the eyes and helps brighten the skin.
- Nomelan Phenol peel – This nomelan phenol peel price in India ranges between Rs. 1800 to Rs. 5000 per session. This peel is used to revive dull and damaged skin by treating the first layer of the skin to reveal smooth skin.
- Jessner Peel – It is a special peel that works on deeper layers of the skin to undo the damage caused by sun exposure. The price range lies between Rs. 1500 to Rs. 3000.
- ALY SM – On average, this ALY SM peel is priced at Rs. 2000 per session. The peel is used to correct discoloration, pigmentation, dark spots and acne spots.
All the peels listed above require approximately 4-8 sessions for results to show and, based on the severity of the condition being treated, this range may increase.
Also Read: Chemical Peel Treatment Procedure
Watch video to learn about how does a chemical peel treatment work?
FAQ’s On Chemical Peel Cost
Why The Price Might Vary In Individual Case?
The price of chemical peels differs based on the number of sessions, and the type and depth of the peeling procedure which is determined by the severity of your concern and other factors unique to your case.
It seems expensive. Should I not try other cheaper options?
The pricing of a chemical peel depends on the standards of the clinic and the expertise of the dermatologist. You can check for discounts offered by reputed clinics from time to time but it is of utmost importance to choose those with the highest safety standards and the best results. At-home peels are cheaper alternatives but they offer minimal results and come with several risks such as scarring, burning and can aggravate pre-existing skin conditions. Chemical peels should be administered only by a dermatologist according to standard medical guidelines.
Can Clinics Finance Chemical Peel Treatment?
Some clinics may offer different financing options such as mobile wallets, monthly EMIs, credit cards and packages for chemical peels.
Is a chemical peel covered by insurance?
A chemical peel is not covered by insurance in India as it is purely a cosmetic procedure and not a medical emergency.