As of March 2020, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, has confirmed a total of 14,707 cases and 496 deaths in the country due to the COVID-19. So far, as a country, we have responded proactively the government has taken precautionary steps to shut down schools cinema halls, gyms and clubs, set up quarantine facilities and perform screenings at airports to contain the contagious disease. Hospitals across the country are gearing up to handle the impending medical crisis. However, as a nation with more than 1.2 billion people, we stand at a critical juncture where we can prevent the disease from turning into a catastrophe for the whole civilization. Precautions taken now can save millions of lives!
However, it is equally important not to fall prey to infodemic – UNICEF issued a warning against much misinformation floating around on the internet. We, as a trusted brand in the healthcare industry, deem it our responsibility to help our staff and customers stay informed, healthy and conscientious and not be a victim of the paranoia around the pandemic.
The COVID-19 spreads through close contact with infected people. As a cure for the disease is not available yet, prevention is indeed the need of the hour. Keeping the above in mind, we find it vital to reiterate the WHO recommendations:
- Frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Maintain social distancing – a distance of 1 meter between you and any person coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes to inhibit the spread.
- Seek immediate medical care if sick.
- Avoid attending large gatherings.
- Stay informed and follow the advice of medical practitioners.
As a responsible organisation, we are taking extra measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 across all our offices and clinics:
- All therapists and doctors will be wearing surgical masks and disposable gloves during all the procedures. This is a standard protocol we implement strictly at all Oliva clinics.
- We strongly recommend our staff members to change the masks after coming in close contact with anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Our Customer support team will schedule appointments to prevent overlaps and avoid overcrowding at all Oliva clinics.
- Alcohol-based sanitisers will be readily available at strategic locations within our premises, including at our clinic receptions and also outside all restrooms.
- All services will take place in a sterile environment. The housekeeping staff will disinfect each service room after every treatment session.
- Staff members should wash their hands frequently. They should avoid shaking hands.
- We encourage everyone to practice respiratory hygiene and use tissues that are readily available at our clinics to cover the nose and mouth while coughing and sneezing.
- We request everyone to dispose of used tissues in covered dustbins only.
- Digital clinical thermometers are available at all our clinics to check fever, a symptom of the coronavirus.
- Housekeeping staff will clean all doors handles at our clinics with undiluted disinfectants every two hours. This impetus on practising hygiene should continue even after the pandemic ends.
- Clinic staff should avail leave if they feel sick. Self-quarantine is the best way to avoid spreading viral infection.
- In-house doctors are required to use their medical expertise and discretion to identify clients who may be suffering from the symptoms of coronavirus from those who may have signs of allergic rhinitis and upper respiratory tract infection and inform the concerned medical authorities accordingly.
It takes extra mindfulness and simple steps to beat this pandemic. Our medical team at Oliva is committed to going the extra mile and closely monitoring the situation at all our clinics as client safety, and staff welfare is our top priority. We stand in solidarity with all our valued clients, and we request kind cooperation from you to fight this threat of COVID-19 together and safeguard the health of one and all. Remember, we can only help one another by helping ourselves first. Be safe and healthy and spread health and happiness, not the virus!
“Heal the world….make it a better place….For You and for Me…and the entire human race!”