Are you tired of sucking your tummy in every time someone takes a photo of you? Can’t wait to flaunt a beach body in your favourite swimsuit? Are you wondering how to drop some extra weight and get slim faster? If your answer is yes — fret not; you are not alone. Here’s some good news — it is possible to quickly get in shape with easy gym workouts for a slim body. All you need is consistency, discipline, and let the exercises do the rest.
How To Become Slim (Backed By Science)
Realistically speaking, the weight loss from exercise training varies for every individual. Whether you are a beginner or working out after a break — exercise surely helps you shed a few extra kilos. A research study suggests that a combination of an exercise training program with calorie restriction can lead to a substantial weight loss of up to 2kgs.
Our certified nutritionists recommend these physical activities for achieving fitness goals:
- Maintaining and improving health: 150 minutes per week
- Prevention of weight gain: 150 to 250 minutes per week
- Promotion of significant weight loss: 225 to 420 minutes per week
- Prevention of weight gain after weight loss: 200 to 300 minutes per week
Must Read: Non-Surgical Weight Management Solution
30-Day Personalised Workout Plan To Become Slim
The 30-day personalised workout plan consists of two parts: a 30-day personalised workout plan and dietary recommendation. Combining a good workout with a calorie-controlled diet helps both achieve and maintain weight loss. While you’re at it, don’t forget the secret ingredient — ‘consistency’.
And if you’re new to working out, start with a beginner’s home workout before moving on to high-intensity exercises. To reduce belly fat, try endurance or aerobic activities like walking, jogging, running and swimming. Subsequently, go for exercises that focus on specific body parts, including your core (legs, arms, abdomen, and pelvis). Some of the most popular workouts for slim hips include burpees, planks, mountain climber, etc., which also tone your waist.
You can also incorporate yoga and tai chi to improve your balance and flexibility. You don’t require any equipment for these exercises; besides, they also help cultivate mindfulness and healthy eating habits.
If you feel confident and want maximum benefits, high-intensity interval exercise (HIIE) is the key. As per the HIIE studies, those who practised HIIE a short-term (two to six weeks) had a negligible weight loss. However, people who performed longer duration HIIE training have more significant weight/fat reduction. This is how HIIT works: alternate 30 to 60 seconds of high-intensity workout followed by 30 to 60 seconds of moderate-intensity exercise, repeated in a cycle for 20 to 30 minutes.
Let’s take a look at an ideal 30-day workout plan, week by week, designed by our nutritionists
- Monday: Lower body circuit like running on a treadmill, burpees, lunges, squats, plank, jump squats, mountain climber, etc. Make sure to do two sets of 20 repetitions of each exercise.
- Tuesday: Upper body circuit like bicep curl and press, push-ups, bent-over raises, plank tricep kickbacks, side plank with twists, Spiderman, etc. Make sure to do three sets of 10 repetitions and grab a set of dumbbells too.
- Wednesday: Cross-training workout using an elliptical.
- Thursday: Full-body bodyweight workout using dumbbells for full-body toning. These include high knees, butt kicks, jumping jacks, inchworm walkouts, alternating side plank, bodyweight squats, push-up hold, etc. Do these for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Friday: Bodyweight abs workout that also involves using dumbbells. Examples include cat-cow, bird dog, downward dog leg kicks, plank to bear plank, alternating knee to chest, standing obliques, plank jacks, crunches, bicycle crunches, hip dips. Make sure to do two sets of 20 repetitions of each exercise.
- Saturday: Cross-training exercise or yoga.
- Sunday: Rest day.
Must Read: What Are The Essentials Of A Safe Workout?
A Few Dietary Tips For A 30-Day Workout Plan Are
- Avoid sugar, processed and refined food
- Include more fibre in your diet
- Eat healthy fats
- Eat fewer carbohydrates and more lean protein
- Stay well hydrated
- Keep a food journal to help keep track of the calories
If you want to get slim fast, now is a great time to start. The 30-day workout plan will help you trim that extra fat with a regular exercise regime, support your overall fitness and help you meet nutritional requirements. Because of this, you’ll healthily lose weight without a fad diet or vigorously sweating in the gym. Plus, most recommended exercises require basic or no equipment. All you need is to commit to the process, be consistent, and you’ll see results in 30 days.
For a comprehensive and customised workout plan basis your health status, nutritional requirements, tastes, cultural preferences, baseline weight and health goals, please visit Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic. Don’t forget to like and share the article with your fellow fitness enthusiasts.