How to Lose weight in One Month?
Losing weight healthily and maintaining it can be challenging, but with a few lifestyle modifications, you can lose up to 4kgs a month. Setting small, realistic goals can help you achieve sustainable results while cultivating a fit and healthy lifestyle. The key is to be consistent and conscious.
This article will guide you to accomplish these goals safely.
Ways to Quickly Lose Weight In One Month
The first step towards achieving a particular weight loss goal in one month is to be realistic. Oliva’s expert nutritionists recommend aiming for 0.5-1kg fat loss per week, deeming it safe and healthy. You can thus target an average of 4kgs of fat loss in a month.
Now that our goal is clear, here are 11 simple tips to maximise your weight loss, targetting harmful fat in one month.
- Maintain A Food Journal: Keeping track of your daily food intake in a journal will help you understand your food habits and your nutrient and junk food consumption. You can review it once a week and alter your eating patterns accordingly.
- Add Fibre To Your Diet: Increasing your daily fibre intake aids your weight loss as it keeps you satiated. As fibre keeps you full for longer, you will automatically reduce calorie intake by not giving in to cravings. Soon you will lose excess weight, maintain it and make eating healthy a conscious and sustainable lifestyle choice.
- Cut Consumption Of Refined And Processed Foods: Eating refined carbs and highly processed foods causes your blood sugar levels to fluctuate rapidly and increases belly fat. Instead, choose whole, unprocessed grains.
- Include Lean Protein In Your Diet: High-protein diets are recommended for weight loss as they help increase satiety and fullness while cutting down on calories. Include lean proteins such as poultry, beans, legumes, oats, low-fat yoghurt, and eggs in your diet.
Have A High-Protein Low-Carb Diet
Eating fewer carbohydrates and increasing your protein intake can accelerate weight loss. Most people know that a low-carb diet can reduce weight, but that is only for the short term. Low-carb diets lower your insulin, a key hormone that causes an anabolic, fat-storing state, improves cardio-metabolic performance and leads to weight reduction. Studies  show that low-carb diets are superior to other dietary options in promoting quick weight reduction over the first 6-12 months.
Meanwhile, increasing protein consumption while reducing carbohydrates helps weight loss further. Reduced appetite is the main reason why a high protein diet aids weight loss. Protein lowers the hunger hormone and increases satiety, hence you will eat lesser calories and prevent weight gain.
-Lavanya Parthasarathy, PhD, CDE
- Engage In Cardio: Cardio or aerobic exercises increase heart rate and calorie burn. Engaging in 20 to 40 minutes of daily cardio promotes quick weight loss. Walking, jogging, sprinting, cycling, and swimming are some of the most effective cardio activities to boost your weight loss efforts.
Make sure you consult a fitness expert before starting an exercise routine to prevent injuries or health complications.
- Try Resistance Training And HIIT Exercises: Resistance training increases endurance and boosts your metabolism contributing to quick weight loss. It helps your body burn calories even while at rest. Meanwhile, HIIT or high-intensity interval training promotes weight loss by burning fat deposits in the body. Studies show that HIIT can burn around 25 to 30% more calories compared to other forms of exercise. You can include HIIT exercises such as jumping jacks, burpees, squats, and push-ups in your workout routine.
- Practice Intermittent Fasting: You can try intermittent fasting, a popular eating pattern which comprises eating and fasting in cycles. Studies show that intermittent fasting enhances weight loss while offering additional health benefits. There are different methods of intermittent fasting. Consult a nutritionist and find a method that best suits you. Make sure you do this under expert supervision to avoid major health complications.
Set Realistic Goals
Rapid weight loss is dangerous and it is likely that your efforts may go waste. The quicker you lose weight, the easier it is to regain it.
While “fad diets” like liquid cleanses and diet pills help you lose water weight, most of them require you to starve yourself. This weight loss is only temporary and the minute you get back on your regular diet, there is a high possibility that you will regain all of the lost weight.
You won’t enjoy long-term weight loss and real health benefits unless you change your lifestyle. Try to cut down 500 calories from your daily diet, which is approximately 3500 calories in a week. However, make sure you eat at least 1200 calories per day or you may experience nutritional deficiencies and loss of muscle mass, which are both detrimental for your weight loss.
-Lavanya Parthasarathy, PhD, CDE
- Reduce Sugar Consumption: Avoid foods and beverages loaded with sugar, as they have zero nutritional value. They are responsible for extra calories, causing weight gain and increasing the risk of metabolic diseases.
- Limit Snacking: Excess snacking throughout the day can jeopardise your weight loss efforts. Be mindful of your snacking habits and swap them with healthy options.
- Get Rid Of Sauces And Toppings: Sauces and toppings can unnecessarily add extra calories to your healthy meal. Moreover, store-bought, packaged foods contain preservatives that can harm your health. Season your food with fresh herbs instead.
- Get A Customised Diet Plan: Get a specialised diet plan from a certified nutritionist to accelerate your individual weight loss goals. A balanced yet calorie-conscious diet helps cut extra calories and get realistic results.
Must Read: Healthy Eating Habits For Weight Loss!
Losing weight in a month may seem difficult, but it is achievable with simple lifestyle and dietary improvements. Try to set realistic expectations and start by achieving small, attainable goals each week to lose weight healthily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our certified subject matter experts do extensive research and collate facts from reputed scientific journals and international studies to create informative and engaging articles related to all your dermatology concerns. They strive to help you decipher medical jargon, distinguish fact from fiction and overcome paranoia. Our qualified medical board or expert panel goes a step further to verify these facts based on their rich academic knowledge, vast clinical experience and critical industry insights to ensure you consume only medically accurate content that empowers you to make informed decisions about your hair and skin-care treatments and weight management. Check out our Editorial policy for further detailshttp://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/