Soft, smooth hair-free cheeks are lovely to behold. But a face full of fuzzy, thick hair is far from attractive for women. Having facial hair especially on the cheeks is a sign of hormonal imbalance and hirsutism. Learn and understand everything you need know about how to remove facial cheek hair through this article.
What Causes Excessive Hair On Cheeks?
Excessive hair can be embarrassing for both men and women alike. Here are some main causes of having hair on cheeks (facial).
- Hormonal Imbalance – The most common cause of facial cheek hair is due to hormonal imbalance. The medical term for women to have thick facial hair is called Hirsutism. It is caused when there is a surplus amount of male hormones are produced. Hormonal imbalance can also be caused by having cysts in the ovaries, most commonly known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS. This excessive cheek hair can be caused by other problems as well, such as –
– Tumors located in the adrenal area
– Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
– Cushing’s syndrome
– Adrenal cancer
- Genetic/Racial Factor – Women who belong to certain races can have excessive hair on their body and face. The Indian sub-continent is one such are where women are more likely to have excessive facial and body hair compared to women who have European, African, East Asian, and Native American ancestry. If you have more than necessary hair growing in undesirable places, the only thing to do is manage the hair growth. There is no solution for this cause other than removing the unwanted hair.
- Too Much Of Androgen – Androgen is a male hormone that can unsettle the other hormones and lead to many problems. One such problem is the growth of unwanted excessive facial hair. Both the sexes have androgen hormone; men have it more than women. Androgen in high levels can be lead to superfluous cheek hair. However, if the androgen level is regulated, the unwanted hair will disappear.
- Medications – Certain types of medicines (oral and topical) can cause excessive facial hair growth. Before using the following medications, be sure to know that they can have the most severe side effect of unnecessary hair growth.
– Birth control pills as they can increase androgen hormone in the blood.
– Testosterone, a male hormone, that can increase facial hair.
– Using higher concentration (not more than 2ml) of Minoxidil will cause excessive hair to erupt from unwanted places.
– Cyclosporine can cause hormonal imbalance.
– Steroids, especially anabolic, can cause severe stress and disrupt the natural production of hormones.
Also Read: Safe And Effective Cheek Hair Removal
How To Remove Cheek Hair Permanently?
There are plenty of ways to remove rid yourself of facial cheek hair. There are many options available such as waxing, shaving, electrolysis, etc. but unfortunately they do not show any permanent signs of hair removal. The hair grows back in a very short period, thus increasing the number of sessions you need to keep repeating fortnight after fortnight. The only way to remove cheek hair forever is by undergoing laser hair removal treatment. Learn how to remove cheek hair permanently by the cosmetic treatment of laser hair removal in the next section.
Laser Cheek Hair Removal
Laser hair removal for the cheeks has been proven to be the most successful and a 100% effective method of removing these hairs permanently. There are many different types of lasers that can be used based on the parameters they work for the best. The process of cheek hair removal using a laser is quick and simple with little downtime. It is safe and useful for both men and women.
Laser hair removal works by using light and heat to burn the hair follicles at its root which reduces the thickness and weakens the hair. The procedure is performed by an intensely trained therapist under the supervision of an experienced dermatologist.
The number of sessions required to remove facial cheek hair depends entirely on the thickness and growth rate of your hair. On average, it takes around 6-8 sessions to fade away all signs of hair. Although there are certain downsides of this treatment as laser hair removal does not work on blonde, gray or red hair. If you have a surplus amount of really light-colored facial hair, then laser therapy will be of no use to you as it will be unable to detect the hair.
Cost Of Laser Cheek Hair Removal In India
The cost of laser hair removal for cheek (per session) can range from Rs.1,500-Rs.3,500. The price can vary depending on the type of laser used, the hair type, the skin type, dermatologist fee or the clinic you visit. The total cost of undergoing cheek laser hair removal again can further differ depending on the number of sessions required to remove hair permanently.
If you have excessive facial hair and feel embarrassed about it, then you needn’t worry about it any longer. Book an appointment with a dermatologist and ask for Laser Hair Removal therapy and before you know it, you can step out looking confident with cheeks that are smooth and hair-free.