Table of Contents
Are you unhappy with your skin color? Has extreme sun exposure and pollution wrecked your skin tone? Are you in search of different ways on how to become fair? Most of you would have answered yes to any or all of these questions as our appearance is one of our top priorities, with our skin color playing a major role in it. Before we discuss the solution, you need to first understand how to identify your skin tone.
What Is Your Skin Color?
When we talk about skin color, we usually think of fair, wheatish or dark. Why does every individual have a different skin color? This difference depends upon three main pigments – melanin, carotene, and hemoglobin. Found in the dermis, all these three pigments combined together determine the color of your skin.
For people with darker skin, the naturally produced melanin determines the color, while a connective tissue in bluish-white and the hemoglobin circulating in the dermis’s veins help in determining the skin color in light-skinned people.
Also Read: Permanent Skin Lightening Treatments
Can You Get A Fair Skin?
The answer is yes! It is possible to get a fair skin with the help of cosmetic treatments, skin care tips as well as making slight changes to our lifestyles. Whichever method you choose to lighten your complexion, you would have to invest 100% time and effort as the change wouldn’t happen overnight. You would need to be patient in order to achieve your desired results.
Things To Know About Skin Fairness
Now that you know that you can get brightened skin, you need to know certain aspects of how to become fair:
- Know The Reason For Your Dark Skin – When there is excessive melanin production, your skin tends to become darker. The increase in production can be caused due to overexposure to the sun. Other factors include unhealthy diet, smoking and alcohol, cheap skin products, dehydration, stress, pollution, lack of sufficient sleep, etc. Your genes are also responsible for your darker skin; for example, you are likely to have darker skin, if one of your parents has dark skin too.
- Know Your Skin Type (Normal Skin, Dry Skin, Oily Skin, Combination Skin)
Apart from having a specific skin color, every skin has a type too. The four main types of skin are – normal, dry, oily, and combination skin.
- A normal skin type is neither too oily nor too dry. With a radiant complexion, it has barely any visible pores or imperfections. It is also not overly sensitive.
- Dry skin will tend to have a dull complexion and the skin will also be less elastic. Though there are no visible pores, you will notice visible lines with red patches. Dry skin is also more prone to irritation, itchiness, inflammation, peeling off, etc.
- In the oily skin type, apart from all the excess oil, you will see that the complexion is shiny with enlarged pores, pimples, blackheads, and other skin conditions.
- Most of the people tend to have a combination skin which means that certain parts of their skin are dry and certain areas such as the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) are oily. Blackheads and slightly enlarged pores are quite common in people with this skin type.
Is It Possible For A Person Of Dark Tone To Become Fair?
It is possible for a person having a dark tone to lighten the skin. You could either opt for certain skin lightening treatments or use medications in the form of oral tablets which when taken over the course of 3-6 months can help in preventing the production of melanin. You could either use glutathione tablets or tranexamic acid. These should be taken only under medical supervision as they can cause side effects.
Also Read: How To Remove Dullness From Face?
Treatments To Become Fair
No time and patience to try out natural tips? Then we suggest that you go through the below list of treatments that can help you to become fair –
- Laser Toning – Laser treatments for skin conditions have become quite popular and in demand. If you are looking for ways on how to become fair permanently, then a laser toning treatment can be your ideal choice. It helps in lightening your skin and maintains a youthful look.
- Microdermabrasion – In this treatment, a dermatologist can help you in removing all the dead skin cells, leaving you with a blemish-free and lighter skin color.
- Chemical Peels – This treatment involves the use of a peeling solution such as alpha hydroxyl acid which is applied on your skin. You can gain a full skin rejuvenation as chemical peels help in removing the blemishes, light wrinkles, and uneven pigmentation.
- Whitening Serum – Whitening serums can help you in restoring your skin’s elasticity as well as moisture. They contain a higher concentration of active ingredients which help in making your skin fair.
- Skin Whitening Injections – These contain ingredients like glutathione and tranexamic acid that stop melanin production and hence, make the skin lighter and fairer.
- Arbutin – Arbutin which is an extract of Bearberry plant is the ideal choice if you want to lighten your skin complexion without using any harsh chemicals. It helps in whitening the skin as well as de-pigmentation.
- Retinol – A natural form of vitamin A, Retinol helps in renewal and exfoliation of the skin as well as in increasing the collagen production.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is abundantly available in vegetables and fruits. Alternately, you can also use it topically in the form of creams and lotions.
How Does Laser Toning Help You To Become Fair Permanently?
This laser treatment uses both ablative and non-ablative lasers which help in increasing collagen production and de-pigmentation. Some of the best laser toning machines include TRI-BEAM Laser Toning and Fractional Q-switched YAG Laser.
When ablative laser is used, it vaporizes the affected tissue and removes the topmost layers of the skin and a part of the underlying sublayer. In a non-ablative laser treatment, the affected tissue is coagulated while ensuring that the outer layer of the skin is kept intact. This results in faster recovery. A laser toning treatment helps in enhancing your skin’s complexion by removing all the tan as well as deep pigmentation.
Watch this video to learn everything about laser based skin whitening
How Is Laser Toning Different From Other Natural Tips
When you use natural tips, it takes more time for your body to accept the changes and show the results. In laser toning, the effect of the treatment is directly on the affected areas and it provides instant results. Also, a laser toning session is suggested after a thorough examination by the dermatologist and is carried out by certified practitioners. When using natural tips, they can backfire on you if you are not aware what your body is allergic to. Instead of making your skin fair, it can result in further harming your skin complexion.
Is There Any Way To Enhance Fairness In The Long Term?
Yes, one can enhance their fairness in the long term. This is possible by making significant changes in their lifestyles. Some of those changes include –
- Indulging in regular skin cleansing and facial sessions.
- Using good quality of skin care products.
- Avoiding oily and spicy foods, and replacing them with healthy food such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc.
- Avoiding overexposure to the sun and always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun.
- Staying away from places that are dusty, dirty, and hot and opting for places which are cleaner and have lower temperatures.
- Using the right cosmetic products that suit both your skin tone as well as your skin type.
- Keeping your skin moisturized not only externally but also internally by drinking an adequate amount of water.
What Are The Natural Ways To Become Fair?
If you are inclined towards a more natural approach to gaining fair skin, then do try out the below methods.
(A) Follow Proper Skin Care Routine – Establish a proper skin care routine and ensure that you follow it diligently. To create your perfect skin care routine, you would have to start off by understanding your skin type and what products will suit your skin. Next, you need to follow a four-step process.
- Cleansing – Start by using a facial cleanser to clean your face thoroughly to remove all the dirt, dust, and makeup. Do this once in the morning and once in the night.
- Moisturize – Use a good moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated. Make sure that you avoid oil-based moisturizers if you have oily skin.
- Exfoliate – This step is something that you would have to do just once or twice a week as daily exfoliation can harm your skin.
- Sunscreen – You should always carry a good sunscreen with SPF with you. Ideally, you should apply it before you step out of your house.
(B) Eat A Healthy Diet – Eating a healthy and balanced diet is the best way to become fair naturally using food. Try to include fruits, green vegetables, fish, and whole grains in your daily diet. Below is a list of things that you should eat to become fair as they are rich in antioxidants which protect your skin and make it fair, impeccable, and glowing.
- Carrots, apricots, and oranges
- Spinach and other green leafy vegetables
- Tomatoes and peas
- Beans and lentils
- Salmon and mackerel
Also Read: Effective Skin Care Tips For Glowing Skin
Before you try out any of the skin whitening treatments, ensure that you are completely aware of your skin type and tone. This will help you in choosing the right way to become fair.