What Is the Cost Of Skin Whitening Treatment In India?
With the increased options for various skin whitening treatments available globally, it has become easier than ever to restore the lost glow and skin tone. From laser treatments to bleaching, there are different ways to lighten your skin. Read this informative guide to learn more about various, skin lightening treatments, their estimated costs, packages and results.
Skin lightening treatment aims at reducing the excessive melanin content in your skin. Since the accumulation of melanin causes dark spots and uneven skin tone, a treatment to reduce it can give you a lighter complexion than before. A skin lightening treatment can help minimise melasma, sun damage, freckles and other types of marks.
Myth & Facts About Skin Whitening Treatment
Most people misunderstand skin lightening treatment to be equivalent to skin whitening or fairness solutions. According to expert dermatologists, skin whitening treatment is a popular myth. Skin whitening or altering the concentration of melanin with the use of harsh chemicals is unsafe and stems from social prejudices. It is a popular misconception and dermatologists strongly rule out the possibility of fading your complexion beyond the natural one.
Also Read: What Is The Best Treatment For Skin Lightening?
Best Skin Lightening Treatment Options
Different kinds of treatments are available to achieve skin lightening results. According to your needs, you can go with a skin lightening procedure on a specified body part or a face lightening treatment. Some of the most common skin lightening treatments are as follows –
- Chemical Peel For Lightening Skin: In this procedure, a dermatologist will recommend the application of a solution containing alpha-hydroxy acids extracted from natural sources to exfoliate the damaged upper layers of the skin. It helps to eliminate the melanin buildup and allows healthy tissue to appear on the surface. On the basis of the concentration, chemical peels can be of three types – light, medium, or deep. A chemical peel is a gentle option to lighten discoloured skin by effectively reducing facial blemishes, tan, dark spots and even out the skin tone. Chemical peels are suitable for a facial skin lightening procedure.
- Laser Treatment For Skin Lightening: While performing the laser treatment, the doctors use a concentrated beam of light to minimise the melanin buildup in the target area. The immune system of the skin eventually removes the remnants of the pigment. As a result, the skin appears healthier and brighter than before. The regenerated skin is flawless. Also known as laser peel or lasabrasion, the laser treatment helps in effectively reducing concerns like skin pigmentation, dark spots, sun tanning and dull skin. Laser treatment is safe for brightening the skin tone of both the face and specific body areas.
Neelam Dhillon’s story about laser skin lightening treatment at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic:
- Skin Lightening Injections: Skin whitening injections contain glutathione, a skin lightening agent that minimises the production of an enzyme called tyrosinase, which increases the melanin levels. As per popular perception, these injections can detoxify the body, protect the skin from harmful UV rays and enhance your skin tone. The “Natural Medicine Comprehensive Database” classified the use of this injection in the “possibly safe” category, though it does not comment on its efficacy as a skin-lightening agent. Some studies suggest a high dosage of glutathione is unsafe and may cause severe side effects. Currently, there is a paucity of evidence-based studies to ascertain the results of glutathione. Although selected skin clinics offer these injections, it is advisable you make an informed decision.
- Skin Lightening Products: You can find a wide range of chemical-based skin lightening products in the market. Most of them have ingredients like azelaic acid, arbutin, retinol, hydroquinone, glycolic acid, lactic acid and kojic acid. Some of these chemical components are popular for their bleaching properties which might lighten your skin immediately but will not offer lasting results and might cause some side effects. These are not advisable for long term use.
- Arbutin: It is a popular ingredient in many skin lightening products and anti-pigmentation solutions. It helps lighten the colour of the skin and is extremely effective for reducing freckles, stretch marks, as well as ageing spots.
- Skin Whitening Surgery: Today, there is a massive interest in availing medically invasive procedures to treat pigmentary concerns. However, “skin whitening surgeries” do not exist. Performed by experienced and qualified dermatologists, most of the skin lightening treatments like laser toning and chemical peels are safe, effective, non-invasive and in-clinic procedures that require no hospitalisation.
Must Read: Laser Skin Treatments In India
Skin Whitening Treatment Cost In India
The average cost of skin lightening treatment ranges from Rs 1,800 to Rs 5,500 for chemical peels, Rs 4,000 to Rs 30,000 for laser treatment and Rs 6,000 to Rs 40,000 for skin lightening injections. Similarly, the cost of fairness creams can range between Rs 200 and Rs 2,000.
Why Do The Skin Lightening Treatment Prices Vary?
- The cost varies because skin lightening treatments require customisation based on the individual skin type.
- The size of the target area is crucial in determining the price of the procedure. A treatment performed on the face is less expensive than one recommended for a larger area of the body like arms, legs or back.
- Other factors such as the geographical location of the clinic, the expertise of the dermatologists and therapists, equipment used, modality selected, and the number of sessions required also determine the overall expenditure.
Skin Lightening Before And After Results
Check out the before and after images to know the visible result of the skin lightening treatment on face.
Click Here to check the before and after results of the skin lightening procedure.
Is Skin Lightening Treatment Permanent?
The effects of skin lightening treatment can last between a few months to a few years.
Dermatologists recommend the following tips to maintain the results of any skin lighting treatment:
- Leading a healthy lifestyle
- Using a good sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful sun rays
- Following a basic skin-care routine
- Opting for maintenance sessions from time to time
- Consuming a balanced diet and increasing your intake of water
- The results of bleaching agents and chemical peels are not permanent. However, laser treatments offer a relatively long-term solution for skin lightening. Laser treatment can permanently remove tattoos and birthmarks but not tan and melasma.
Must Read: How To Remove Dark Spots On Face?
Skin Lightening Treatment Packages Available
If you are looking for restoring your even skin tone safely and effectively reputed skin clinics offer various packages of skin lightening treatments customised to match your specific grooming needs. You can choose from the following options based on the target area:
- Lightening treatment for full body
- Brightening procedure for facial skin
- Lightening treatment for underarms
- Brightening procedure for neck, hands and feet
- Lightening treatment for private parts, including inner thighs and bikini area.
Must Read: Effective Melasma Treatments That Work
Hope you found this article on skin lightening informative and interesting! Now, that the summers are here and if you want to get rid of tan and want to flaunt an even skin tone, go ahead and book an appointment at your nearest Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic. Our advanced skin lightening treatments are available in the following cities – Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Kochi and Vizag. Speak to the skin doctors today to find out the safest and most effective skin lightening treatments for you!
Our certified subject matter experts do extensive research and collate facts from reputed scientific journals and international studies to create informative and engaging articles related to all your dermatology concerns. They strive to help you decipher medical jargon, distinguish fact from fiction and overcome paranoia. Our qualified medical board or expert panel goes a step further to verify these facts based on their rich academic knowledge, vast clinical experience and critical industry insights to ensure you consume only medically accurate content that empowers you to make informed decisions about your hair and skin-care treatments and weight management. Check out our Editorial policy for further detailshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2801997/