One of the easiest ways to lose weight and get a toned body is through cardio or aerobic exercises. But if the idea of daily exercise scares you, you need to replace it with ‘Zumba’. Zumba dance for weight loss is gaining popularity for its groovy dance moves and other health benefits it offers, including weight loss. This article will explore five essential benefits of Zumba dance for weight loss and how it can increase your daily calorie burn.
Why Zumba: Top 5 Reasons You Should Do Zumba Dance for Losing Weight & Burning Fat
Zumba is a high-energy aerobic exercise, and the hype surrounding the body transformation it can lead to is real. Below enlisted are five reasons which make Zumba a great exercise to lose weight and why you should incorporate it in your daily workout routine:
- It strengthens your core and helps you get rid of belly fatZumba engages your core and other key muscle groups such as glutes, abs, hamstrings, triceps, quadriceps, etc., that need an extra push. It helps in strengthening your core and get a chiseled torso. Zumba is also known to reduce body fat, especially belly fat, and you can build six-pack abs without relying on any equipment.
- It improves cardiovascular health and overall physical fitness
Zumba offers immense cardiovascular benefits as it increases the heart rate, lowers cholesterol levels, and boosts cardio endurance. It helps improve mood and keeps stress at bay. Apart from improving heart and mental health, Zumba also reduces the risks of serious illnesses such as diabetes, stroke, etc.Zumba is known to keep diabetes in check by increasing energy levels and lowering blood sugar levels. But it is recommended to check with a professional and gain expert advice before you being with your regime.
It burns more calories and fat than other exercises
Zumba can burn many calories in just an hour of workout. An interval-style HIIT Zumba workout is a great weight loss workout that reduces harmful subcutaneous belly fat. A 40-minute Zumba dance is a full-body workout that can burn 369 calories, which is more calories burned than exercises like aerobics, power yoga, or kickboxing done for the same amount of time. The number of calories you burn also depends on the duration of the workout, your age, gender, and intensity of the movements.
It improves flexibility
Zumba combines dance with exercise, and its movements work to make the body more flexible, especially around the hips and the midsection. The high-energy movements of Zumba, such as jumps and lunges, engage and strengthen the leg muscles, make them more flexible and enhance body coordination.
It builds muscle mass and a toned physique
Zumba, when done consistently, can help you get a more toned, leaner, and healthier body. The movements engage almost every muscle and aid in increasing muscle mass. Zumba increases the body’s energy expenditure and strengthens and tones up the arms using weights. You can also incorporate weights to build muscles in the legs and glutes. The low and high-intensity movements help tone the entire body while being gentle on the joints.
Now that we know about Zumba’s benefits, let’s read to find out the number of calories that a Zumba session can help you burn.
Must Read: How Many Calories Does A Good Workout Burn?
How Many Calories can you burn fat By Doing Zumba Dance?
Research states that a 40 minutes Zumba dance workout can help you lose up to 369 calories. So, you can expect to lose 500 to 800 calories in an hour of Zumba workout on average. It also depends on your age, gender, genetics, the intensity of the dance movements, and how effectively are they done.
Let’s read a few tips to get you the most out of your Zumba workout.
Some Effective Tips for Zumba for Weight Loss And Burning Fat!
It is crucial to do the Zumba steps correctly and follow a proper diet plan to burn fat faster and achieve your weight loss goal. Follow these tips to increase the effectiveness of your Zumba workout
- Eat a diet high in lean proteins and low in carbohydrates.
- Make sure to hydrate yourself consistently.
- Avoid the intake of processed foods and sugary drinks.
- Include more whole grains, vegetables, and fruits in your diet.
- Have a healthy snack every three to four hours to keep up your energy levels.
- Try to engage every muscle by mixing up the Zumba formats such as Zumba toning, aqua Zumba, Zumba strength training, etc., as this will help you burn fat faster and reap more health benefits.
- Choose music that keeps up your energy and challenges the body by extending the range of motion.
- Make sure to invest in comfortable shoes for Zumba.
- Try to work out consistently and enjoy it to achieve your weight loss goals quickly.
Must Read: Which Exercises Burn Most Calories?
Zumba is a popular and trendy workout suitable for every age group that offers a host of health benefits. It is an excellent workout for anyone looking to lose extra pounds of their body while enjoying and dancing to the beats of the music. It is a full-body exercise that improves your cardiovascular health, decreases blood pressure, and tones your body. It is easier on your joints and the chances of injury are low. However, it is advisable that you seek guidance from an expert before starting with the Zumba routine. Visit Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic to learn more about a customized health program today!