Want to lose about five kg with an effective diet plan in just two weeks? Are you wondering if it’s possible to lose weight fast with a simple Indian diet? Yes, you can lose five kg in two weeks with our effortless and effective Indian diet plan without compromising taste or health.
Indian Diet Plan to Lose 5KG Weight in Two Weeks
On a tight deadline? We recommend switching to a customised Indian vegetarian diet plan that accelerates weight loss. However, experts recommend slow and steady weight loss for long-term benefits. Losing around one kg per week is within a safe and healthy rate. But, if you’re starting a diet plan, losing around two kg or more in the first week is expected as most of it is water weight.
Indian Diet Plan Week 1
Here’s an Indian diet plan with approximately 1,200 to 1,400 calories for the first week of weight loss in two weeks plan
- Breakfast: Start your day with a glass of warm water, lemon juice and honey. After an hour or so, have a bowl of oatmeal with non-dairy milk such as almond milk garnished with chia seeds.
- Lunch: 1 cup mix vegetable + 1 cup dal + 2 multigrain rotis + 1 cup green salad
- Dinner: 1 cup lauki sabzi + 1 cup dal+ 1 cup brown rice + 1 rotis + buttermilk
- Snack: 1 cup green tea with a handful of almonds
- Breakfast: Start your day with cucumber detox water. For breakfast, you can have two vegetable stuffed rotis + 1 cup curd + 1 small apple.
- Lunch: Skimmed milk paneer curry + 1 cup dal + 1 cup spinach rice + 2 rotis
- Dinner: 1 cup vegetable soup + 1 cup lentil curry + gazar matar sabzi + 2 rotis + 1 cup salad
- Snack: 1 small banana + 1 cup buttermilk
- Breakfast: Cucumber detox water(1 glass) + fruits and nuts yoghurt smoothie + 1 egg omelette + 1 multigrain toast
- Lunch: 1 cup green gram whole dal + 1 cup methi rice + 1 roti + 1 cup green salad
- Dinner: 1 cup sautéed vegetables with paneer + 1 roti + green chutney + salad
- Snack: 1 cup green tea with multigrain biscuits
- Breakfast: 1 cup peas poha + green chutney + 1 cup coffee with less sugar
- Lunch: 1 cup mixed vegetable + 1 cup lentil curry + 1 cup brown rice or 2 rotis
- Dinner: 1 cup palak chole + 1 cup steamed rice + tomato and beetroot salad
- Snack: 1 cup papaya + 1 glass buttermilk
- Breakfast: Lemon detox water + 1 cup daliya upma + 1 cup curd
- Lunch: Low fat paneer curry + 2 missi rotis + salad
- Dinner: Vegetable khichdi + 1 cup curd + palak tomato soup
- Snack: Moong dal chila + green chutney + green tea
- Breakfast: 1 cup sambar + 3 small multigrain idlis + coconut chutney
- Lunch: 1 cup moong dal sprouts + 1 stuffed vegetable parantha + 1 cup curd + salad
- Dinner: 1 cup green vegetable (any) + 2 bajra rotis + 1 cup dal + 1 cup green salad
- Snack: masala chaas + 6-7 soaked almonds
- Breakfast: 1 cup daliya with milk (no sugar) + 1 banana
- Lunch: low fat paneer curry + 1 dal + 2 bajra rotis + 1 cup rice + salad
- Dinner: 1 cup egg curry + 1 cup brown rice + salad
- Snack: 2 besan chillas with green chutney
Approximate Weight Loss in First Week
After one week’s diet, you can expect to lose two kg or more weight depending on your age, genetics, initial weight and physical activity.
Indian Diet Plan Week 2
After the first week, you’ll be in a routine and motivated to follow the second week’s diet plan that achieves a flat stomach in 2 weeks.
- Breakfast: Detox barley water + 1 brow bread toast + 2 egg whites omelette + handful of nuts or seeds
- Lunch: 1 cup mixed veg curry + 1 cup brown rice+ 1 multigrain roti + salad + 1 cup curd
- Dinner: 1 cup sautéed vegetables with mushroom + 1 cup spinach rice + 1 buttermilk
- Snack: 1 cup green tea
- Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal without sugar topped with chia seeds + 1 banana
- Lunch: ½ cup dal without tadka, 1 cup paneer curry + 2 bajra rotis + salad
- Dinner: 1 bowl vegetable tomato curry with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers and mushrooms + 1 cup steamed rice
- Snack: ½ plate fruit salad with nuts and seeds
- Breakfast: 1 cup rava and vegetables + 1 fruit of your choice
- Lunch: 1 cup dal+ 1 cup sabzi + 2 multigrain rotis + 1 cup salad
- Dinner: 1 cup low fat paneer curry with 2 missi rotis + salad
- Snack: 1 cup buttermilk with 5-6 soaked almonds
- Breakfast: 1 cup daliya with fruits
- Lunch: 1 cup bhindi sabzi + 1 cup lentil curry + 2 bajra rotis + salad
- Dinner: 1 cup palak chole + 1 cup steamed brown rice
- Snack: coffee with milk and less sugar
- Breakfast: 1 ½ cup peas poha + 1 glass buttermilk + 5-6 almonds
- Lunch: 1 cup kadhi + 1 cup sabzi + 2 jowar roti + 1 cup brown rice + salad
- Dinner: 1 cup sprouted salad + 1 lentil curry + 1 cup green vegetable + rotis + 1 cup curd
- Snack: poha with tea (no sugar)
- Breakfast: Cucumber detox water + grilled paneer with green chutney + sugar-free muesli with non-dairy milk
- Lunch: 1 cup vegetable curry + 1 cup dal + 1 cup brown rice + 1 cup buttermilk
- Dinner: Dal khichdi with 1 cup curd + salad
- Snack: 2 besan chilla with green chutney
- Breakfast: Jeera detox water + 1 cup oatmeal with blueberries, banana and apple
- Lunch: 1 aloo baingan tomato sabzi+ 2 jowar rotis + 1 cup salad + 1 masala chaas
- Dinner: Boiled chickpea salad + 1 cup vegetable curry + 1 cup brown rice
- Snack: 1 medium apple
Approximate Weight Loss In Second Week
By following the second week’s diet plan, you can lose two kgs or more, after which your body will sustain that weight for as long as you continue with the diet plan.
Must Read: How to Lose weight in One month?
Tips While Following The Indian Diet Plan For Weight Loss
These tips will advance weight loss and help maintain it for a long time:
- Eat slowly and mindfully
- Control your portion sizes
- Do physical activities like walking, jogging, sprinting or swimming for 150-250 minutes per week to prevent weight gain
- Try high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to maximise calorie and fat burn
- Eat more soluble fibre and less refined or processed foods
- Limit daily snacking
- Get at least eight hours of sleep
- Maintain a food journal to track calories
Must Read: Healthy Eating Habits For Weight Loss!
This Indian diet plan is balanced and helps shed those extra kilos without any significant diet changes. Having a calorie-conscious diet plan with minor lifestyle changes will accelerate weight loss safely and keep it off in the long run. Moderate physical activity is also essential to stimulate calorie burn and achieve steady weight loss.
For customised weight loss services from top-notch industry experts, visit your nearest Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic.