Aiming to lose five kgs in two weeks? Struggling to find a balanced diet plan that can help you? You don’t have to stress anymore. Here is a healthy and effective Indian diet plan that will help you achieve this goal.
Indian Diet Plan to Lose 5KG Weight in Two Weeks
This Indian diet plan can accelerate weight loss without compromising taste or health. While experts recommend slow and steady weight loss for long-term benefits, aiming to lose one kg per week is safe. Do note that you may see around 2 kgs or more weight reduction in the first week as you will likely lose water weight.
Water Weight And Quick Weight Loss
In the initial phase of your weight loss journey, you will notice a quick drop in your weight as you lose the water in your body.
When you get on a low-calorie diet, especially consuming fewer carbohydrates combined with exercise, your body uses glycogen stored in the liver and skeletal muscles. Your body may hold up to 3-4 grams of water for every gram of glycogen. So when you switch to a low-carb diet, your glycogen stores are exhausted and you lose water weight fast.
If your weight fluctuates a lot you are most likely losing water weight. On the other hand, if you start looking leaner while following a balanced, low-calorie diet and exercising regularly, you are losing mainly fat. This, however, takes longer.
-Lavanya Parthasarathy, PhD, CDE
Indian Diet Plan Week 1
Here’s is the diet plan with approximately 1,200 – 1,500 calories for the first week:
- Breakfast: A glass of warm water, lemon juice and honey. After an hour or so, have a bowl of oatmeal with non-dairy milk such as almond milk topped with chia seeds.
- Lunch: 1 cup of mixed vegetables + 1 cup dal + 2 multigrain rotis + 1 cup green salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup bottle guard curry + 1 cup dal+ 1 cup brown rice + 1 roti + buttermilk.
- Snack: 1 cup green tea with 6-7 soaked almonds.
- Breakfast: Start your day with cucumber detox water. For breakfast, you can have two vegetable stuffed rotis + 1 cup curd + 1 small apple.
- Lunch: Skimmed milk paneer curry + 1 cup dal + 1 cup spinach rice + 2 rotis.
- Dinner: 1 cup vegetable soup + 1 cup lentil curry + carrot and peas curry + 2 rotis + 1 cup salad.
- Snack: 1 small banana + 1 cup buttermilk.
- Breakfast: Have one glass of cucumber detox water + yoghurt smoothie with fruits and nuts + omelette (1 egg) + 1 multigrain toast.
- Lunch: 1 cup green gram whole dal + 1 cup methi rice + 1 roti + 1 cup green salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup sautéed vegetables with paneer + 1 roti + green chutney + salad.
- Snack: 1 cup green tea with a small bowl of roasted chickpeas.
- Breakfast: 1 cup peas poha + green chutney + 1 cup coffee with little sugar.
- Lunch: 1 cup of mixed vegetables + 1 cup lentil curry + 1 cup brown rice or 2 rotis.
- Dinner: 1 cup palak chole + 1 cup steamed rice + tomato and beetroot salad.
- Snack: 1 cup papaya + 1 glass buttermilk.
- Breakfast: Lemon detox water + 1 cup daliya upma + 1 cup curd.
- Lunch: Low fat paneer curry + 2 missi rotis + salad.
- Dinner: Vegetable khichdi + 1 cup curd + palak tomato soup.
- Snack: Moong dal chila (Mung bean pancakes)+ green chutney + green tea.
- Breakfast: 1 cup sambar + 3 small multigrain idlis + coconut chutney.
- Lunch: 1 cup moong dal sprouts + 1 stuffed vegetable paratha + 1 cup curd + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup green vegetable (any) + 2 bajra rotis + 1 cup dal + 1 cup green salad.
- Snack: 1 glass of masala chaas + 6-7 soaked almonds.
- Breakfast: 1 cup daliya with milk (no sugar) + 1 banana.
- Lunch: low fat paneer curry + 1 cup dal + 2 bajra rotis + 1 cup rice + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup egg curry + 1 cup brown rice + salad.
- Snack: 2 besan chillas with green chutney.
Approximate Weight Loss in First Week
After one week’s diet, you can expect to lose two kgs or more weight. Do note that factors such as your age, genetics, your weight prior to the diet and physical activity can contribute to your weight loss.
Indian Diet Plan Week 2
After the first week, you will get into the routine and be motivated to continue the diet plan that will further your weight loss efforts.
- Breakfast: Detox barley water + 1 brown bread toast + omelette with 2 egg whites + a handful of nuts or seeds.
- Lunch: 1 cup mixed veg curry + 1 cup brown rice+ 1 multigrain roti + salad + 1 cup curd.
- Dinner: 1 cup sautéed vegetables with mushroom + 1 cup spinach rice + 1 glass buttermilk.
- Snack: 1 cup green tea.
- Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal without sugar topped with chia seeds + 1 banana.
- Lunch: ½ cup dal without tadka, 1 cup paneer curry + 2 bajra rotis + salad.
- Dinner: 1 bowl vegetable tomato curry with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers and mushrooms + 1 cup steamed rice.
- Snack: ½ plate fruit salad with nuts and seeds.
- Breakfast: 1 cup rava upma and vegetables + 1 fruit of your choice.
- Lunch: 1 cup dal+ 1 cup sabzi + 2 multigrain rotis + 1 cup salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup low fat paneer curry with 2 missi rotis + salad.
- Snack: 1 cup buttermilk with 5-6 soaked almonds.
- Breakfast: 1 cup dahlia with fruits.
- Lunch: 1 cup bhindi curry + 1 cup lentil curry + 2 bajra rotis + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup palak chole + 1 cup steamed brown rice.
- Snack: Coffee with milk and less sugar.
- Breakfast: 1 ½ cup peas poha + 1 glass buttermilk + 5-6 almonds.
- Lunch: 1 cup kadhi + 1 cup sabzi + 2 jowar rotis + 1 cup brown rice + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup sprouted salad + 1 lentil curry + 1 cup green vegetable + rotis + 1 cup curd.
- Snack: Poha with tea (no sugar).
- Breakfast: Cucumber detox water + grilled paneer with green chutney + sugar-free muesli with non-dairy milk.
- Lunch: 1 cup vegetable curry + 1 cup dal + 1 cup brown rice + 1 cup buttermilk.
- Dinner: Dal khichdi with 1 cup curd + salad.
- Snack: 2 besan chilla with green chutney.
- Breakfast: Jeera detox water + 1 cup oatmeal with blueberries, banana and apple.
- Lunch: 1 cup of potato, brinjal and tomato curry + 2 jowar rotis + 1 cup salad + 1 glass masala chaas.
- Dinner: Boiled chickpea salad + 1 cup vegetable curry + 1 cup brown rice.
- Snack: 1 medium apple.
Approximate Weight Loss In Second Week
After the second week, you can lose 2kgs or more. Your body will sustain the weight for as long as you continue with the diet plan.
Rate Of Weight Loss And Weight Regain
There is always a concern about regaining lost weight, especially if your weight loss was quick. Rapid weight loss may be just as beneficial and safe as slow weight loss, according to recent studies. 
With diet-induced weight loss, most people gain back half their lost weight within a year and almost all of them will regain it in 3 years. So, the rate at which you lose weight, be it with a very low-calorie diet or a moderate-calorie diet, the effect of weight regain at the end of one year seems to be the same.
Physical activity plays a critical role in keeping the lost weight away. When you try to lose weight slowly, you incorporate healthy habits like eating whole grains and fruits and vegetables and avoiding processed foods and exercising. This is the only way for long-term weight management.
-Lavanya Parthasarathy, PhD, CDE
Must Read: How to Lose weight in One month?
Tips While Following The Indian Diet Plan For Weight Loss
These tips will help you maintain the diet
- Eat slowly and mindfully.
- Control your portion sizes.
- Engage in physical activities like walking, jogging, sprinting or swimming for 150-250 minutes per week to prevent weight gain.
- Try high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to maximise burning calories and harmful fat.
- Eat more soluble fibre and less refined or processed foods.
- Limit daily snacking.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep.
- Maintain a food journal to track calories.
Must Read: Healthy Eating Habits For Weight Loss!
This Indian diet plan is balanced and helps shed extra kilos. Having a calorie-conscious diet plan with minor lifestyle adjustments will accelerate safe weight loss and help you keep it off in the long run. Moderate physical activity also stimulates calorie burn and helps you achieve weight loss and maintain it.
For customised weight loss services from top-notch industry experts, visit your nearest Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic.