Aerobic exercises are a set of physical activities that helps you lose weight and burn belly fat quickly. You can perform aerobic exercises for weight loss at home with little to no expenditure on exercising equipment. Apart from shedding those extra pounds, people of all ages and genders can enjoy numerous other health benefits by inculcating aerobic exercises in their daily routine. Some of them are listed below.
Benefits of doing Aerobic Exercises!
- Aerobic exercises improve your cardiovascular health by strengthening your heart and helping it pump blood more efficiently throughout the body.
- Regular aerobic exercises can cure symptoms of high blood pressure and help lower blood pressure.
- Aerobic exercise provides considerable relief to people with asthma and helps control the severity and the frequency of asthma attacks.
- One can also get rid of chronic pains like back pain and knee pain by performing low-impact aerobics activities like swimming and other aqua aerobics.
- Regular aerobics uplifts moods and cures sleeplessness to a great extent, and hence it is an effective aid of insomnia.
- The most important benefit of aerobic exercise is that it triggers fat loss and regulates a healthy weight.
- By adopting aerobics exercises in your daily routine, you can strengthen and improve your immune system, regulate cortisol levels, and fight diabetes.
- Aerobics slows down brain activity reductions in frontal, parietal, and temporal areas and shows improvements in the brain’s cognitive performance.
- Aerobics exercises are easy to perform and do not require much expenditure.
- These are a safe group of easy to perform exercises suitable for both children and the elderly.Now that we know about the benefits, let us read about some of the best aerobic exercises for weight loss.
Top 10 Best Aerobic Exercises for Weight Loss
Here is a list of the best aerobic exercises for weight loss. You can choose any exercise depending on the number of calories burned by exercising for 30 minutes to 1 hour and your weight loss goal.
It is a popular aerobic exercise best suited for weight loss. Cycling for 30 minutes, whether on stationery or a geared bike, can burn 295 calories for a person weighing around 154 pounds. Start by sitting in a comfortable position, peddling the cycle at a medium speed for the first 1 minute, and then increasing the peddling pace in 2 to 3 minutes. Slow down when you feel the burn in your thighs, and then initiate high-speed cycling for 5 minutes at a stretch.
An exciting aerobic exercise for weight loss, one hour of swimming can burn 510 calories for an average person weighing around 60 to 70 kilograms. Wear your swimsuit, cap, and water goggles for safety reasons. If you are a beginner at swimming, start with ten laps of freestyle strokes to engage all the muscles in the movements. To derive maximum benefit from swimming, learn other strokes also.
Another easy aerobic exercise to reduce weight, walking for 30 minutes every day can help you burn 140 calories. It is advisable to wear breathable clothes and comfortable shoes and do a 5-minutes warm-up before starting. The best time to walk is early morning, but you can also walk during the evenings at your convenience. Start walking at a speed of 5 miles per hour, and gradually increase to 7 miles per hour. Toward the end of your set, slow down to 4 miles per hour and let your body cool down.
Running or jogging for 30 minutes at the speed of 5 miles per hour can help burn 295 calories for a person weighing around 154 pounds. An hour of running will burn down about 590 calories in a day.
Playing Basketball is a fun way of burning calories. Playing the game vigorously for 30 minutes will help you shed 220 calories, and you can shed around 440 calories if you continue playing for an hour.
Weight lifting is a popular aerobic exercise for weight loss at home. These aerobics would need some weights to carry out. It is a combination of aerobics and strength training. Start with moderate weights and do squats, plie squats, and walking lunges withholding it on the one hand. This aerobic exercise reduces fat by burning 110 calories in 30 minutes long set.
Dancing often doubles up as an effective exercise for weight loss. One can practice aerobic dance exercises for weight loss in groups or at home. A one-hour-long dance routine can help burn 330 calories, reduce weight, and build muscle strength at the same time.
Stretching is an exciting activity that is good for losing weight and helps in relaxing muscle and joint pains. It can help you burn up to 90 calories if practised for 30 minutes. Start by standing straight with your feet stretched apart, parallel to your shoulder. Now put your hands up. Then try to bend down sideways with both hands stretched outside. Try this alternately for both sides. Revert to the original position, and then try to bend backward. Repeat this set 15-20 times.
Hiking is a regular exercise for people living in hilly areas. Those who live in cities can also stimulate hiking by bringing the treadmill to an elevation. A 30-minutes long hiking session burns 185 calories for an average-weighed person.
Light Gardening/Yard Work:
For those who don’t have any hill nearby or have no access to a treadmill, indulging in gardening and cleaning the backyard can also help them lose weight and burn calories. You can burn at least 165 calories in 30 minutes of gardening and yardwork and around 330 calories if you extend it to an hour.
Various physical activities help lose weight, and people often struggle to decide on the right weight loss program. Aerobic exercises are the best way of losing weight, especially for beginners. It is crucial to maintain the right intensity and duration while performing aerobic exercises to lose weight and build muscle strength.
Consistency in practice saves you from obesity and associated health risks. However, seeking professional help from experts can help you set realistic weight loss goals, find a sustainable action plan and enjoy the best results. Visit Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic to know more about a comprehensive and customized weight loss program today!