Can dumbbells help you lose weight and speed up fat loss? The answer is a resounding yes! All you need is a pair of dumbbells and a good sweaty workout session to burn the extra fat and build those lean muscles while getting closer to your goal weight. So let’s get ready for some powerlifting exercises and kick-start with the benefits of using dumbbells to lose weight.
Benefits of Dumbbell Workout For Weight And Fat Loss
There are two guiding principles to create a calorie deficit for weight loss: the total calorie burnt and muscle growth. Using a full-body dumbbell workout helps you lose more weight and fat than other strength training exercises. Below are enlisted the top benefits of dumbbell workouts for weight and fat loss.
- Excellent strength training cum cardio -Training with dumbbells makes your muscles stronger while giving you the benefits of a cardio workout for burning fat. It is very effective in maximizing strength and flexibility.
- Improves stabilization – The dumbbell workout promotes joints stabilization and activates the muscle fibers in the body. It can help you burn body fat while building up the lean muscle mass with the right moves.
- Helps lose fat faster – Mixing up your dumbbell workout with HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training ) will help you lose harmful abdominal fat at a much faster rate.
- Versatile exercise – You can use dumbbells in various exercises to focus on different muscle groups and gain strength while losing stubborn fat.
Now that we know the gains of using dumbbells in weight loss, let us read about top dumbbell workouts and find the one suited for you.
Top 5 Dumbbell Workouts to Lose Weight & Burn Fat
Here are the top 5 home dumbbell workouts for weight loss with a high-calorie burn that help build muscle mass. Start with a quick 5-minute warm-up followed with some cardio and stretching before the workouts –
The squat thruster is a popular dumbbell chest workout that engages your shoulders, back, chest, glutes, and hamstrings. Start in a standing position with feet and hips apart and slowly lower your body into the squat position. While you do so, use the upper body thrust to lift the dumbbells overhead while extending the arms long. Repeat it for 20 reps.
This dumbbell workout for belly fat works on the core, back, and triceps. Place yourself in a plank position with dumbbells in your hand and try to balance on your toes with your arms extended. Make sure to draw the belly inward while pulling the dumbbell up toward your left and right hip bone alternatively.
One leg dumbbell deadlift
This dumbbell workout for weight loss targets glutes and hamstrings for a leaner and well-toned lower body. Start in a standing position with your feet and hips apart. Tighten your belly, keep the back flat and bend the knees slightly to lower the dumbbell. Now squeeze the thighs and use your legs to return to your original position.
This is an excellent dumbbell shoulder workout that involves holding the dumbbells at the sides in a kneeling position. Kneel one knee at a time and repeat with the opposite leg for 20 reps each.
Alternating lunges with dumbbell lateral raise
This dumbbell leg workout is a walking lunge variation. After completing a lunge, go back to the initial position and do a lateral raise immediately without rest. Now raise the dumbbell at 45 degrees past parallel slowly. Repeat the same with the opposite leg. Aim to complete 20 reps.
Here are few pieces of advice to get the best out of your dumbbell workouts.
Must Read: 30 Days Workout Plan To Become Slim
Effective Dumbbell Workout Tips
- Select the dumbbells of appropriate weights and wear the footwear with better traction.
- Go slow at first and then add weights gradually.
- Ensure that your form is proper. It is advisable to get proper guidance from your instructor on how to hold a dumbbell correctly before starting the workout.
- Remember to breathe. Exhale while lifting the dumbbell and inhale while pushing it down.
- Keep track of the workout progress every day using fitness trackers.
- Do not focus on just one body area. Try to balance the workout by using all the main muscles.
Dumbbells are an accessible and easy way to build muscles while burning fat along the way. The body continues to burn fat for several hours even after the workout. With the right moves and intensity of the dumbbell workout, you can reach your goal weight and maintain it in the long run. To learn more about a customized weight loss program, visit Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic today!