As you know, there is an evident difference between the skin quality of men and women. Therefore, the kind of skin care tips that mostly work for women might not be that productive for men. Surprisingly, a lot of men take their skin for granted and don’t give it the care it needs. The good news is that by following some simple skin care tips, men can revitalize your skin in no time. In order to learn how to take care of face and other body parts, one needs to know the type of skin they have and the ideal procedure to treat it.
How To Take Care Of Men’s skin?
Since the amount of testosterone produced in men is usually more than women, it also makes their skin thicker and tougher. On an average, males have a 25% thicker skin than women. The overall structure of their skin is also different than women. To start with, you should consider the following do’s and don’ts of men’s daily skin care routine –
Also Read: How To Get Flawless Skin?
- Have a balanced diet and include all the vital nutrients in your meal.
- Know the type of skin you have and choose your skin care products wisely. For instance, if you have an oily skin, then you should not use products designed for dry skin.
- Stay hydrated all day long as the lack of water in your body can directly reflect on your skin’s quality.
- Soak up the natural vitamin D from the sun every once in a while.
- Do not forget to moisturize your skin well. Ideally, it is recommended to use moisturizers twice a day.
- Don’t use too many chemical-based skin care products that might harm your skin in the long run.
- Avoid smoking too much as it can directly harm your body and skin.
- Stay calm and do not stress out excessively.
Also Read: How To Increase Melanin In Skin?
Men’s Skin Care Products
In order to learn how to take care of men’s facial skin, you need to start by picking the right products for your skin type. Furthermore, you should focus on the major applications of the men’s skin care products that you are picking. For instance, the products for sensitive skin care would be different from oily skin care products for men. Here are some of the suggestions to get things started –
- For Acne
Some of the best men’s skin care products for acne include Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. Both of them can kill bacteria and clean your pores. Some sulfur and caffeine based products are also recommended.
- For Aging
Look for products that have Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolic acid, and other common antioxidants. Vitamin C and Chestnut are also found in some of the best men’s skin care products for anti-aging as they can re-vitalize the skin.
- For Oily Skin
Salicylic Acid, Glycolic acid, Dimethicone, and Niacinamide are considered ideal for men’s oily skin care. Pick lemon and citrus-based face wash and a charcoal scrub to drastically reduce the production of oil.
- For Sensitive Skin
Most of the men’s sensitive skin care products include Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Chamomile, Aloe Vera, and protein-rich ingredients.
Also Read: Treatments For Wrinkled Skin
Men’s Skin Care Treatments
Besides picking the best skin care products for men’s face, you can further get a dedicated treatment. For instance, if you want to get rid of acne, fine lines, wrinkles, etc. then you can consider exploring these options –
- Chemical Peels
Chemical peels are usually considered as one of the most recommended treatment for getting a fair and evenly toned skin. It helps in controlled exfoliation of the skin under clinical conditions thus enabling the production of newer skin cells beneath and removing the upper dead skin layer. In this, a dermatologist would prepare a concoction of plant extract based chemicals that would be applied to your skin in a systematic manner. Most of these chemicals are exfoliating agents like retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acids, and beta-hydroxy acids.
This peels the upper dead layer of the skin and lets newer and sensitive skin cells to grow. As a result, the fine lines, wrinkles, scars, sun damage, acne, and other skin flaws are either diminished or removed. On the basis of your skin tone and the desired results, the number of chemical peel sessions and their intensity might vary.
2. Laser Skin Treatment
Another men’s skin care treatment that is highly recommended includes the use of a laser. If you have skin irregularities, acne, blemishes, and prominent scars, then you can think of getting a laser treatment. A dermatologist would target certain areas on your skin with a controlled beam of laser, which will destroy the scar tissues by causing selective thermal injury. This will boost the production of new and healthier skin cells with a higher level of collagen to heal the scar tissue naturally. A laser treatment can get rid of numerous kinds of skin flaws. Since it is a non-invasive treatment, it doesn’t come with prominent side effects as is a painless procedure.
3. Other Treatments
There are several other procedures that one can undergo for up-keeping the men’s skin care treatment. If you have depressed scars on your face, then your doctor can use dermal fillers to heal them. In order to treat a prominent scar, a skin incision procedure can also be implemented. Some doctors also use steroid injections to heal your skin irregularities more rapidly. You can visit expert dermato-trichologists to know more about these treatments.
Men’s Body Skin Care Routine
Not just your face, you need to take care of your entire body as well. To attain a complete men’s daily skin care routine, you can follow these suggestions –
- Cleanse your body on a daily basis. In addition to that, take a shower after an extensive workout in order to remove sweat and dirt from your body
- Apart from your face, you should moisturize your body as well on a regular basis
- Whenever you head out in the sun, apply relevant sun protection on your body too
- Before you shave, apply pre-shaving oil for a smooth and gentle experience
- While bar soaps are also good, you can also choose a vitamin-rich liquid cleanser as well
- Use a scrubber to cleanse your body at least twice a week
- Ideally, you should apply body moisturizers after taking a shower. Focus more on the dry areas on your skin
- If your hands become dry and chapped frequently, then you should consider applying a hand’s cream every now and then.
Also Read: How To Take Care Of Skin From Sun?
Men’s Facial Skin Care Tips
If you wish to maintain a glowing and healthy skin, then consider these expert men’s skin care tips –
- You should always avoid rubbing or stretching your face dry as it can cause pre-mature wrinkles on your face.
- Always use a skin-friendly face wash to cleanse your skin on a daily basis
- When you wash your face, start with lukewarm water to clean the pores. Though, you should end with cold water to keep away the dirt.
- Using the right sunscreen is one of the best skin care tip that will go a long way. Protect your face from sun damage whenever you go out by applying the right sunscreen and retouching every few hours.
- If you have an oily skin, then keep skin wipes handy. They are used to get rid of extra dirt and oil from your face in a hassle-free way
- Exfoliate your face by using scrubbers at least once a week to keep your skin pores clean and dirt-free.
- While washing your face twice a day is recommended, don’t overdo it as it might cause unwanted dryness.
- Monitor your diet in a thoughtful manner. For instance, a high sugar diet can lead to inflammation on your skin.
By following these men’s skin care tips, you can certainly have a flawless skin in less time. Additionally, follow strict oily skin care or sensitive skin care tips religiously, that would suit the type of skin you have. If you wish to get a comprehensive and customized consultation and treatments related to your skin, then you can consider visiting an experienced dermatologist.