You realise that you want to become a healthier version of yourself, shed off a few pounds and build a fit lifestyle to avoid the risks of obesity. Unfortunately, several reasons might come in the way: household chores, work, taking care of your family, or the lack of energy after a hard day. Then there is the other big challenge: lack of easy access to healthy, clean food.
In such situations, motivational quotes can be helpful. We know that they have inspired many to take action for their wellbeing. To help you keep going with your fitness journey, we have curated some of the best quotes.
Top 20 Ultimate Motivational Quotes for Weight loss & Exercise
1.”The struggle you are in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
2. “When motivation is lacking, remember this: Shedding pounds does not require a complete diet-and-exercise overhaul. In fact, starting small is often the best way to meet—and maintain.” —your weight loss goals, says Tony Gentilcore
3. “The road may be bumpy but stay committed to the process.” – Unknown Author
4. “If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up.” – Health Spirit & Happiness Journal
Tips to stay motivated and follow a diet plan
If you have decided to embark on a weight-loss journey, remember to:
- Make practical and sustainable dietary choices that suit your lifestyle.
- Seek guidance for your diet and exercise regimen, but make sure you take ownership. You must not follow a regimen just because someone told you to. Do a reality check and see if it aligns with your beliefs and lifestyle.
- As you progress, see if you want to re-adjust your motives and the plan, as per the changes in your body and improvement in your health.
- Research shows that framing a physical activity as fun rather than exercise persuades people to continue doing it while reducing food cravings. So when you are choosing a physical activity, pick something that you’d enjoy doing like gardening, running, or playing your favourite sport.
- Try to focus on the process as much as the measurable outcomes. Big, long-term goals will keep you on track, but make interim goals and celebrate all the wins! Small, everyday progress leads to a major transformation.
5. “An active mind cannot exist in an inactive body.” – General George Patton
6. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
7. “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.” – Jim Wendler
8. “You didn’t gain all your weight in one day; you won’t lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself.” – Jenna Wolfe
9. “Don’t work out because you hate your body — work out because you love it” – Author Unknown
10. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
11. “Strength does not come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Nikki Rogers
12. “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumbbell; it starts in your head with a decision.” – Toni Sorenson
13. “Fitness is like marriage; you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.” – Bonnie Pfiester
14. “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” – Kerri Walsh Jennings
15. “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.” – Gene Tunney
16. “I always believed if you take care of your body, it will take care of you.” – Ted Lindsay
17. “Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
18. “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.” – Julius Erving
19. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
20. “Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.” – Thomas Jefferson
Good weight loss motivation quotes will help you build a mindset that pushes you towards working out and following a healthy diet. A happy and motivated mind can trigger you to rectify your diet behaviour. Along with that, a good choice of physical exercises and activities will help you achieve your desired weight and body. They can help you stay consistent in your efforts.
Place these quotes at strategic locations at your home and workplace to remind yourself about your weight loss journey.