Dewy and luminous skin that looks lit from within is a trend that refuses to die out. What if we told you, you no longer have to rely on innumerable makeup products to achieve that radiant and glowing skin? Yes, you read that right! Healthy skin that is clear from acne, supple with hydration, and beaming with nourishment will no longer remain a far-fetched idea. Read the following tips for glowing skin that we have put together for you.
Follow these hacks as part of your glowing skin care routine and thank us later!
18 Skin Care Tips For Glowing Skin
- Drink Water – This could qualify as the ultimate natural skin care tip for glowing skin. You’ve heard it time and again, and yet most of us undermine its importance. Your water intake has a direct impact on the suppleness and radiance of your skin. Dehydration reflects on your skin by way of dullness, and you wouldn’t want that, right? So make sure to consume at least 8-10 glasses of water a day, if not more, to flush out those toxins.
- See A Dermatologist – You can always consult a dermatologist to help you achieve the radiant, healthy, and glowing skin you have always desired. Sometimes, the problem runs deep, and only an experienced and well-trained dermat can help you get out of the rut by diagnosing the underlying cause to your skin troubles. Apart from medication and skin peels, dermabrasion is also suggested to help your skin glow and radiate.
- Exfoliate – With the emphasis on the cleansing-toning-moisturizing regimen, the importance of exfoliation in skin brightening and as part of a glowing skin care routine, sometimes gets lost. So, here it out loud and clear, exfoliating from time to time can change how your skin looks and feels by helping you get rid of dead skin cells clogging your pores and the other pollutants that are not allowing your skin to glow naturally.
Also Read: How To Exfoliate Skin?
- Skin Peeling – Sticking to the topic of exfoliation, going in for skin peels is another option with strikingly visible results. Face peels help in exfoliating the outer layers of dead skin that are affecting the color and tone of your skin. For example, a chemical peel with glycolic acid has shown skin brightening results that will leave you stunned.
- Avoid & Take Care Of Acne – Pimples and spots can prevent your skin from a radiant look. If you figure out the exact cause for them (preferably with the guidance of a dermatologist), you can cure them easily and get glowing skin. Bid these pesky spots goodbye by using cleansers with AHA/BHA, non-comedogenic creams, and spot treatment lotions. Resist the urge to pop pimples, at any cost.
- Skin Hydration – A well-hydrated body has numerous benefits, and radiant skin is just one of them. Make sure your skin is hydrated at all times and is never lacking moisture. This can be achieved in a number of ways by way of water consumption not just by way of drinking it but by including water-rich food items (fruits and veggies) like cucumber, watermelon, orange, berries, etc. Hydrating serums, face masks, etc. also help a great deal.
Also Read: How To Treat Dehydrated Skin?
- Nutritious, Fiber-Rich Diet – The food you feed your body reflects on your skin. So for healthy glowing skin, it is essential to follow a natural diet which includes whole, unprocessed food items that are free from unwanted chemicals that tend to mess with your skin’s health. Strike a balance between healthy fats and protein while limiting your carbohydrates intake. Additionally, a fiber-rich diet will ensure that your digestive system works at its optimum health, thus keeping your gut healthy. A lot of acne is caused due to digestive issues, and this can easily be avoided by following a diet that is not only rich in protein and vitamins but also enough fiber. So, make those leafy veggies a staple in your plate.
- Moisturize – Dry skin that lacks moisture appears dull and tends to age at a more rapid pace. Come winter, come summer, do not miss this step in your glowing skin care routine. Also, do not make the mistake of skipping the moisturizer even if you fall in the oily skin category. Moisturizing your skin greatly helps in regulating the natural oil secretions.
- Use A Toner – All of us are aware of the cleansing-toning-moisturizing skin regimen that is widely recommended, but some of us are guilty of skipping the toner on a regular basis. A toner, when used right after a face wash, helps with balancing the pH levels of the skin, reducing the pore size, and giving the skin a firmer look along with securing in the moisture to add to that glow. So, the next time you get lazy with the toner, keep these benefits in mind.
- Avoid Sun – Yes, vitamin D and sunlight go hand in hand. But overexposure to sun rays without appropriate protection in the form of SPF can lead to irrepairable skin damage including suntan, wrinkles, and dark spots. So, avoid the sun from 10a.m. – 4p.m. and step out with an SPF of at least 30 and your skin appropriately covered, at all other times, including the days that seem cloudy!
Also Read: How To Protect Skin From The Sun?
- Detoxification – The stressful lives we live, leaves us with little time for ourselves. Over a period of time, harmful toxins are accumulated in our body which not only affect our overall health but also dull out our skin. Flushing out these toxins on a regular basis is essential by way of a full body detoxification plan that can involve the consumption of just fruits, veggies, and their juices for a period of 3-5 days, while completely eliminating sugar, alcohol, and other sodium-rich foods that harm your skin by way of inflammation.
- Get Rid Of Makeup Before You Sleep – The importance of this tip for glowing skin cannot be emphasized enough. Going to bed with your makeup on will lead to blemishes and spots that will strip your skin of its natural glow. You cannot imagine the havoc the chemicals in your makeup can create overnight. So no matter how long a day you’ve had, make sure every speck of your makeup is off and your skin is freely breathing before you hit the sack.
- Leave Stress Behind – Stress-induced hormones like cortisol tend to disrupt the balance in your body, and this is sure to reflect on your skin’s health. Stress can induce excessive oil secretion which we all know leads to acne and this, in turn, causes more stress. This is a vicious cycle, and you can prevent getting caught in this by leading a life that is balanced, happy, and stress-free.
- Get The Daily Dose Of Vitamin C – Touted as one of the most important micro-nutrients for your skin’s health, vitamin C can work wonders in skin brightening and diminishing the harm caused by sun exposure, aging, etc. Thus, it ensures that your skin gets that healthy glow. Make sure to get your vitamin C dose on a daily basis by way of your diet or by taking supplements.
- Beauty Sleep – This is one glowing skin tip that is often neglected. Your body needs appropriate rest to rejuvenate and recover. Your skin follows the same technique to heal and glow. So think about this the next time you sacrifice your 8-hour beauty sleep to catch another episode of your favorite series.
- Sweat It Out For Healthy Skin – Yes, sweating it out is not only essential for a fit mind and body but also for your skin’s health. The accelerated blood and oxygen circulation works wonders for your skin helping it get rid of all the accumulated toxins, dirt, and impurities, thus letting it breathe freely and radiantly. So, even if it is for 30-odd minutes, make sure you sweat it out on a daily basis as part of your glowing skin care routine.
- Practice Yoga & Meditation For Face Glow – Yoga involves the synchronized movement of the body along with your breath. These conscious breathing techniques along with the sweat you generate help in achieving that natural healthy glow that also leaves you full of energy and enthusiasm. Meditation is another way to go. Among its multiple calming benefits, meditation can leave your skin feeling radiant with new vigor. Meditating on a daily basis can eliminate various toxic thoughts and feelings that plague our everyday life and diminish our natural glow.
- Indulge Yourself…Weekly – Your skin is constantly at work, renewing and healing itself. It is so important to indulge in activities that are nourishing and pampering your skin in multiple ways. One pro tip for glowing skin is to undergo a weekly facial session with ingredients that your skin will thank you for. Think hydrating oils, masks, serums, and creams that will bring out the inner glow.
All the glowing skin tips mentioned above will not work overnight. It is very important to make sure you develop healthy habits over a period of time, give rest to your body, and follow an appropriate skin care routine that will help you achieve skin that is radiant, healthy, and glowing from within. There are no shortcuts here.