LASER TREATMENT FOR PIGMENTATION IN BANGALORE
A skin pigmentation disorder is not just about a physical malfunction, it also makes you feel aesthetically unappealing and less beautiful. It can affect your self-confidence and become a major cause of worry.
The hunt for a pigmentation treatment at a good skin clinic in a big city like Bangalore can be a daunting task. No matter what the cause of your skin pigmentation is, be it due to genetic reasons or environmental factors, you should only opt for a treatment at a reputed skin clinic. Look out for a clinic which has a team of experienced dermatologists and uses only treatments that have been proven to work and are FDA approved for their safety.
Our skin color is determined based on the presence of the amount of melanin, a brown pigment found in the skin, hair, and the iris of the eye. When more melanin is present, it causes the skin to become pigmented and darker.
Melanin can be present in higher amounts in the entire skin or in specific areas of the body too. The variations in skin color are primarily genetic and there are many genetic disorders such as addison’s disease, albinism, and vitiligo that lead to changes in the skin pigmentation. Exposure to sunlight is another major cause of skin pigmentation, as increased and repeated exposure to the sun can increase melanin production and lead to the formation of darker patches or spots on the skin such as tan, lentigines, and freckles.
Skin pigmentation can appear in various forms. It can be overall darkening in the skin tone or be in the form of dark patches or spots. Here are the main skin pigmentation concerns affecting people in India –
(a) Tan – This is caused due to increased production of melanin because of increased sun exposure. The skin becomes darker in the exposed areas such as pigmentation on the neck, hands, legs, and feet.
(b) Melasma – These are dark, irregular, brown patches found commonly on the face. This is more common in women especially during pregnancy or post-delivery or in those undergoing hormonal replacement therapy. Sometimes, it may be genetic too.
(c) Freckles – These are brown to black spots formed on skin due to clusters of concentrated melanin, usually found in fair skinned people on face or areas of skin exposed to the sun.
(d) Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation – This usually occurs after a skin injury or if acne is squeezed or picked. A dark spot is formed at the site due to increased production of melanin from the inflammation caused by acne or the skin injury. Pigmentation on the underarms can be a type of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation that is caused due to incorrect hair removal techniques.
(e) Peri Orbital Pigmentation – The area around the eyes is often pigmented and appears darker than the rest of the face. The common causes for this condition is dandruff, thyroid problems, cosmetics, familial reasons, and a pigmentation condition called acanthosis nigricans.
(f) Peri Oral Pigmentation – Similar to the skin around the eyes, the Indian population (especially women) are plagued with pigmentation around the mouth. This is usually due to genetic reasons.
Any type of skin pigmentation, when left untreated, can not only ruin your look but become a permanent darkening of the skin. It can hamper your self-confidence and make you extremely self-aware about your appearance. Stepping out of the house with common skin pigmentation such as dark neck, dark face, darks feet, etc. becomes an unthinkable situation. Tan, melasma, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation or any other type can be controlled if treated at the earliest.
- Tan is commonly found on the forehead, outer aspect of arms, and temples.
- Melasma is often seen on the forehead, nose, upper part of the cheeks, upper lip, and nose.
- Freckles are seen on the face and body areas such as chest, arms, and shoulders.
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation can be seen on any of the face or body that has pimple or some form of skin injury.
- Peri orbital pigmentation is seen around the eyes and peri oral pigmentation is seen around the mouth.
- Pigmentation on the legs due to tanning or a skin condition is also a common concern these days.
We often resort to home remedies passed on to us by our grandmothers but at-home treatments often do not work and if they do, the results are barely visible and never long lasting. Skin pigmentation concerns can be treated by following the right course of treatment.
Oliva Skin & Hair Clinics in Bangalore offers many such treatments that will provide you with noticeable results for your pigmentation issues. Our popular treatments include Chemical Peels and Laser Toning (using Q Switched Nd:YAG laser). These aim at removing the darkened skin layers without causing any damage to the surrounding skin. Once the pigmented skin is exfoliated, the fresh, lighter skin present below comes to the surface and your skin will be restored to its former glory.
Depending on the pigmentary concern troubling you, our expert dermatologists will recommend you the best course of treatment to get rid of the pigmentation efficiently. They may also prescribe you with topical treatments such as retinoids and kojic acid for superficial pigmentation and also to maintain the results after any treatment. This depends on your individual case.
At Oliva Clinics, our in-depth knowledge about pigmentation helps us to get to the bottom of each case and identify the reason behind. Our dermatologists customize a treatment plan which will help you attain a fine texture, an even skin tone, and also improve your overall skin radiance. Here is why you should contact our Bangalore clinics for pigmentation treatment –
- We have a team of highly trained dermatologists and therapists who have multiple years of experience in treating skin pigmentation and other skin related concerns.
- We use the latest laser equipment and other advanced clinical treatment procedures along with prescribed medications to achieve the best results for your pigmentary skin concern.
- We use US FDA approved equipment across all our clinics in Bangalore.
- Every treatment at Oliva Clinics is customized as per the individual skin’s requirements.
- Our therapists who assist the doctors are rigorously trained before being put into actual service.
- Our clinics are conveniently located, and have state-of-the-art facilities with a serene and calm ambience.
- We have treated thousands of skin pigmentation cases in Bangalore and have received a client satisfaction rating of above 91%.
- Oliva employs the highest safety standards for any treatment. We follow standardized operating protocols which are based on an evidence based approach.
- Visiting Your Nearest Oliva Clinic – With clinics in seven different locations, namely Jayanagar, HRBR Layout, Indira Nagar, Koramangala, Sadashiv Nagar, Whitefield, and HSR Layout, we are conveniently located in your neighborhood. You can book an appointment by calling 1800 103 3893. The ‘Book An Appointment’ form on our website can also be filled to request a call back from one of our experts to schedule an appointment at any of our Bangalore clinics.
- Initial Consultation With Our Doctor – Oliva Clinic, Bangalore has skin specialists with vast experience in treating pigmentary concerns. During the initial consultation with our dermatologist, he/she will examine the affected skin, note down your medical history and identify the cause of your skin pigmentation. Based on your discussion with the skin specialist, a medically approved customized treatment is planned. You may be prescribed to use certain topical lotions to prep your skin for the treatment procedure.
- Treatment And Process – Your first session is scheduled and when you arrive for the treatment at the clinic, one of our certified therapists will prep the area to be treated. The dermatologist will perform the procedure in a safe and hygienic manner in order to avoid any unwarranted side effects.
- Post Care & Follow Up – At the end of the procedure, the dermatologist will provide you with certain post care instructions such as the religious use of sunscreens and the usage of the prescribed creams. Further skin care related instructions will also be provided to you. Your next session will ideally be scheduled after a gap of a month or as per the dermatologist’s recommendation.
*Images are from real clients, and results can be subjective
Before & After Results Of Pigmentation Treatment
Check out real images of our clients before and after the sessions of pigmentation treatment at Oliva.
Treatment results may vary from person to person
Experienced in-house team of
consultation with the doctor
Advanced US-FDA approved
Well trained and certified
Served 3,00,000 happy customers
Stringent guidelines and set
protocols for better service efficacy
Frequently Asked Questions On Pigmentation Treatment
With each consecutive session, the pigmented area will become lighter and lighter. At the end of the recommended number of sessions, the result will be quite evident with your skin having an even complexion with unnoticeable dark patches or spots.
Yes, the treatment is safe as only FDA approved equipment is used for pigmentation treatment at Oliva. The side effects are minimal with some redness and swelling seen in a few individuals only. These effects vanish by themselves in just a couple of minutes.
The cost of pigmentation treatment starts around Rs.1,500 per session. This depends on the type of treatment you are undertaking, the number of sessions, and also the pigmentary concern that is being treated.
You will notice lightening in your skin pigmentation from the first session itself.
On an average, six to eight sessions are recommended for Laser Toning and four to six for Chemical Peels.
If you are facing any type of pigmentation issue on any part of your body or face, you are a right candidate to opt for pigmentation treatment at Oliva’s Bangalore clinics. Anybody above the age of the 18 years can opt for laser treatment or skin peel treatment. However, pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding are best advised to not take any laser treatment.
By Dr. T N Rekha Singh
December 29, 2020
With the increased options for various skin whitening treatments available globally, it has become easier than ever to restore the...Read More
By Dr. T N Rekha Singh
January 3, 2021
Over the years, we have been conditioned to believe that fair skin is better than dusky skin tones. All the...Read More
By Dr. T N Rekha Singh
May 25, 2019
A Mongolian spot (or Mongolian Mark) is a type of pigmentation that often appears at birth or a few weeks...Read More
By Dr. T N Rekha Singh
April 17, 2019
The term café au lait spots or café au lait macules (CALM) derives its origin from the French word ‘café...Read More