Water is the lifeline, the reason for our existence, and the greatest benefactor for our health. Something as simple as drinking sufficient water can benefit our skin, hair, and health in ways you cannot even imagine. We have been told repeatedly to drink eight glasses of water on a daily basis. But, how many of us actually follow this simple rule?
Here are some facts that will change your mind about benefits of drinking water and why you need to drink plenty of it.
Benefits Of Drinking Water For The Skin
Skin health is directly linked to the bloodstream, which is influenced by what we eat and drink. Eating nourishing food and drinking plenty of water throughout the day helps flush out toxins and removes impurities from the blood. It also moisturizes the skin from within and delays premature aging. Let’s look at the benefits –
- Prevents Acne And Pimples – Can drinking water clear your skin? Yes, it most certainly can. Water is an excellent remedy to flush out impurities and toxins from the kidneys. It can heal and prevent acne by reducing the sebum production. Acne and pimples can be caused by constipation, which can be dealt with by drinking copious amount of warm water. Water is the surest and the easiest route to a clear and healthy complexion.
- Halts Premature Aging – Water is the best moisturizer that can be consumed daily. It nourishes the skin from within and helps achieve a natural glow. Dehydration can cause wrinkles and fine lines by drying up the skin; the only way to counteract this is by drinking plenty of water. Warm water hydrates skin cells and plumps them up.
- Protects Against Skin Infections (Natural Detoxifier) – Intake of warm water detoxifies the skin pores and expels out the unnecessary substances through sweat. Water flushes out any bacterial or viral infections by removing them from the system and strengthens the immunity to fight against any type of skin infection.
- Natural Moisturizer – Drinking warm water throughout the day will make your skin glow and radiate from inside out. Water hydrated skin cells retain their moisture throughout the day. It is touted to be the best skin moisturizer. You will achieve faster and better results than any expensive cream can provide.
Benefits Of Drinking Water For The Hair
Likewise, hair is benefitted from drinking warm water as well. Hair receives all its nutrients and nourishment from the root, which is deeply embedded in the scalp. If your hair does not receive adequate amount of water on a daily basis, it will lead to dry, brittle, and rough hair. Water helps hair in more ways than you can imagine, such as –
- Hair Health And Vitality (Soft And Shiny Hair) – Taking hair supplements and vitamins will be of no use if the correct amount of water intake is not met. Water is required to maintain the hair’s health and drinking sufficient quantity of water will help you in achieving soft, shiny, and healthy hair.
- Promotes Hair Growth – If the roots of hair do not receive enough water, it will lead to dehydration. This will cause the hair to become coarse and rough, and eventually it will slow down hair growth. Like a plant, the roots too need water to grow healthy and strong.
- Prevents Dandruff – Water, especially warm water, provides sufficient moisture that is needed to maintain a healthy scalp. Dandruff is mainly caused by dryness of scalp. Therefore, it is of great importance to drink warm water throughout the day in order to prevent dandruff.
Benefits Of Drinking Water For Health
As most of us are aware, 60-80% of the body comprises of water. Water is the source of life for, without it, we will all perish. It does more than just take care of our skin and hair. Water has so many countless uses that we have mentioned just the honorary few below –
- Keeps The Body Fluids Stable – Besides water, there are other fluids present in the body. These bodily fluids contain water in them, and they help in circulation of blood, absorption and digestion of nutrients, production of saliva as well as transportation of nutrients. The human brain is up to 90% water, so when we don’t replenish our body with water, the brain slows down which can cause migraines and headaches. Another role that water plays is in regulating our body temperature. We need to sweat to lower excessive body heat and bring our overall body temperature down. Water plays many roles in order to keep our body healthy, so it’s a good idea to keep a bottle of water nearby and drink at short intervals.
- Aids Constipation – Water helps move the remains of digested food along the intestines and out of the rectum. It also helps the kidney to function normally. When there is lack of water, it will result in constipation. Those who consume less fibre will need plenty of warm water to aid them when they are constipated.
- Keeping Muscles Healthy – Muscular cramps, pins and needles, etc. are all caused due to lack of water present in the muscles. Since muscles are made up of 75% water, it is of vital importance to drink it regularly to prevent such problems. Drinking plenty of warm water will build up your stamina and muscles strength as well.
- Helps In Weight Loss – When there is shortage of water in the body, the kidney and liver end up suffering. The kidney cannot function properly which puts a burden on the liver. It is a primary function of the liver to convert fat into energy, but due to lack of water, it will stop the conversion and start storing the fat. Intake of warm water will prevent this from happening and thus help you shed those extra kilos.
- Water Retention – Drinking less water than needed sends emergency signals to the body to store water resulting in swollen hands, legs, and feet. When you are suffering from such ailments, the best thing to do is drink sufficient water throughout the day.
How Much Water Should You Drink In A Day? (Calculator)
Now that you recognize and know why you need to drink water, it is necessary to understand this question – How much water to drink for glowing skin, lustrous hair, and healthy body?
There is a big debate about how much water is enough for each individual. Of course, we are all different in size, weight, height, gender, etc. Therefore, the quantity we need to drink will differ as well. Scientists have been able to make a calculator that tells us the quantity of water to drink on a daily basis. All you need to do is click here.
Enter the information about yourself and your surroundings, such as weight, climate, and activity. The results will tell you about the daily requirements of water you need.
If you do not wish to take this test, there is an alternative. There is an average quantity of water every person needs to consume to maintain a healthy life. Men need to drink 3.7 litres of water whereas women need to drink 2.7 litres of water, according to US Institute of Medicine.
Intake of other fluids like caffeinated drinks (tea, coffee, and sodas) and alcohol can lead to dehydration, which can be dangerous and even fatal. Avoid them as much as possible, and when you feel thirsty, please drink water (warm, if possible!).
Humans cannot live without water. It is the source of our survival. Water helps the body in so many ways that without it we will cease to exist. Start drinking plenty of water and see the difference. Let’s raise a glass of water and drink to your good health.