Becoming older and wiser is wonderful, but sagging skin and wrinkles are not. Thankfully, there is an effective skin tightening treatment that helps get rid of sagging skin. Laser skin tightening has come to your rescue to flatten your wrinkles and plump up your aging skin.
What Is Laser Skin Tightening Treatment?
Laser skin tightening is a non-surgical and non-invasive procedure that uses an infrared laser (a light source) to tighten the skin. The process is short and simple wherein the light is absorbed by the skin where it starts to heat the collagen under the skin’s surface, triggering the skin to contract and squeeze. If the procedure is done for the face/body, there is no downtime and results are visible instantly, post the treatment.
Laser skin tightening is FDA approved for the reduction of wrinkles, sagging skin, and fine lines. It can be performed on the face, neck, arms, inner thighs, abdomen, legs, and buttocks. Using a laser to tighten the skin will diminish surface wrinkles, bringing the plumpness and youthfulness back into the skin. It is a safe and beneficial procedure for patients who are looking for immediate results.
Must Read: How To Tighten Lose And Saggy Skin?
Types Of Lasers Used For Skin Tightening Treatment
There are many types of lasers available out there. Each one serves a different purpose. We have listed the best ones that are proficient for skin tightening treatment –
- Carbon Dioxide Laser – This laser helps with skin tightening and skin resurfacing. The CO2 laser penetrates deeply into the skin’s epidermis and removes the outer layer of skin. Because of this action, it produces a significant skin tightening effect and firms up the skin.
1. It helps with rejuvenation and appearance of skin.
2. It tightens the skin.
3. It helps with wrinkles and skin sagging.
- Erbium Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet or Erbium YAG Laser- This is a highly effective laser used for skin tightening. It is a type of fractionated laser and is used for many other skin problems. The laser emits a single beam of light that splits into multiple smaller beams that helps penetrate the skin’s surface deeper and more accurately. It radically changes the skin’s surface making it firmer and smoother.
1. It helps with depressed skin and acne scars.
2. It improves excessive skin laxity.
3. Safe for colored skin.
4. Minimal downtime
- Pulsed Dye Laser – It is also called VBeam and releases long pulses of energy on the top layer of skin, which is attracted to the redness in the skin. This device coagulates blood and cauterises veins to reduce the flushed look. It removes diseased and dead skin cells to give a healthier and fresher look.
1. It tightens the skin and helps in production of healthy blood.
2. It improves complexion.
3. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Minimal/no downtime
- Nd:YAG Laser – This laser produces high power and short pulse duration wavelength to effectively treat deeper wrinkles and prominent lines. This is mainly used for older patients who have thinner and drier skin as it works better on such skin conditions.
1. It works better for mature skin.
2. It has minimum/ no downtime.
3. It works faster and more efficiently as compared to other laser devices.
- Alexandrite Laser – It is a non-invasive laser that reduces wrinkles and tightens the skin. The long-pulsed Alexandrite Laser is exposed to the epidermis (outer layer of the skin) where it produces deep heating to stimulate collagen production, thereby rejuvenating and plumping the skin.
1. It helps with freckles, old acne scars, and age spots.
2. It plumps up the skin and reduces sagging.
3. Minimal/no downtime.
Must Read: How To Get Rid Of Skin Wrinkles?
How Long Does The Effect Of Laser Skin Tightening Last?
Usually the laser skin lightening treatment lasts until any other natural process begins in the skin. This is not a permanent treatment as the process of aging or sagging of skin is natural, and any biological process can be delayed or prevented at that stage but not cured.
Of course, the most important question about any cosmetic treatment is the duration of effect. Most patients have noticed changes in their skin with respect to tautness and firmness immediately post treatment. However, since the procedure targets to stimulate collagen’s natural growth, it can take up to 90-180 days (3-6 months) to see its optimal results.
The patient will observe a drastic difference in the appearance of their skin once all the sessions are complete. It is recommended to take a minimum of six sessions (one treatment per month). Once the initial series of treatment is completed, you can even opt for yearly maintenance to target areas of your face that are prone to wrinkling and sagging.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate?
The most ideal candidates suitable for this procedure are men and women between ages 30 and 60. The health of the patient must be good, for this treatment to succeed. Although people suffering from extreme skin laxity might need another form of cosmetic surgery, such as facelift, along with laser skin tightening, to remove extra skin.
It is effective for people of all skin colors, races, and skin types. Being highly efficient, patients will experience little to none discomfort and go about their day post treatment, as there is no downtime.
There are so many options out there for reversing the aging process, and one of the best procedure is definitely Laser Skin Tightening. It has become very popular amongst patients and dermatologists alike for its quick and effective results. Try it out for yourself, and you won’t be disappointed.