Acne is one of the most common skin conditions affecting both men and women during their teenage years. However, some people have to deal with this problem for a longer period of time, even in their 30s and 40s. At Oliva, we offer a wide range of treatments to improve this condition. Our timely intervention ensures that you are free from leftover scars.
Oliva has 7 state of the art clinics located at Indira Nagar, HRBR Layout, HSR Layout, Jayanagar, Koramangala, Sadashivanagar and Whitefield.
- We offer the most advanced removal treatments for acne and scars.
- All our treatments are customized for your skin type and sensitivity.
- From consultation to treatment, the whole procedure is administered by trained dermatologists.
- We deal with all types and grades of acne.
- Men and women from all age groups are suitable for our treatments.
Also Read: Safe And Effective Treatments For Acne
Causes Of Acne
Acne is caused by the overproduction of sebum by enlarged sebaceous glands. This condition blocks the hair follicles causing the growth of bacteria within the pores. This triggers the outbreak of acne. Major types of acne are whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, papules, cysts, and nodules. While an acne outbreak is common on the face (forehead, nose, and chin), scalp acne and back acne is also common.
What Can Make Acne Worse?
Your acne condition might worsen due to factors like a hormonal imbalance, increased stress, pollution, food allergies, excessive sugar intake, use of products not compatible with your skin type, an abrasive method of washing and cleansing, etc.
Acne Treatment Options In Bangalore
The primary goal of acne treatment is to reduce the amount of excessive sebum (oil) produced by your skin, to ensure proper exfoliation so the pores do not get clogged with dead skin, and to get rid of all the acne-causing bacteria to prevent the further occurrence of acne. We provide the following solutions:
- Acne control peel
- Medications, topical creams, lotions and gels
- Oral antibiotics and drugs
- Acne extractions
- Laser treatment for removing acne scars
Also Read: Acne Vulgaris – Causes And Treatment Options
Treatment Procedure Overview
- An analysis of your medical history, lifestyle and diet choice is done and your skin is examined to determine the grade of acne.
- This confirms the cause of acne and the dermatologist prescribes a treatment course.
- Treatment procedure begins.
- Post care advise and follow up sessions are detailed.
Acne Dermatologists At Oliva’s Clinic
Our dermatologists have extensive experience to treat all types of acne. They are adept at understanding the root cause of your problem by conducting an extensive analysis of your medical history so that they can determine the right treatment. They also offer post-care instructions so that your acne treatment is effective and successful.
Who Is A Good Candidate?
Our treatments are effective for both men and women. these treatments are customized based on the sensitivity and type of skin. Anyone suffering from acne concern is the right candidate for acne treatment.
Is The Treatment Permanent?
Any treatment gives you long-term results, provided the root cause of the acne is addressed and proper treatment is administered by a dermatologist. In addition to this maintaining, a proper skincare routine is critical to ensure the effects are long-lasting.
Acne Treatment Cost In Bangalore
Reputed skin clinics in Bangalore charge between Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 7,500 per session of chemical peeling or laser treatment. Any medication, creams, solutions, and test is charged additionally. Based on the type of acne, you may need up to 6-8 sessions of treatment.
Conditions where the treatment works:
Using products that contain active ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, alpha-hydroxy acids, etc. will ensure that your acne treatment succeeds.
Conditions where the treatment does not work:
Below are some of the conditions when your acne treatment does not work –
- Applying any cream or gel without washing your face.
- Lack of proper exfoliation.
- Not using the right amount of the product prescribed.
- Not using water-based moisturizers during the course of the treatment.
- Proper diet, adequate exercise, and lots of water – if you lack any or all of these, your acne treatment results could be affected.
When Is It A Good Time To Visit Your Dermatologist?
There are a couple of situations where you can determine that it is time to visit a dermatologist –
- If you have always had clear skin and suddenly start noticing acne breakouts, then it is better to consult a dermatologist to find out if there is an underlying problem.
- If you have cystic acne, which are inflamed bumps under your skin. These are usually quite painful in nature.
- If you notice that your acne has started scarring your skin.
Though acne problems are quite common, they are not life-threatening and are easily treatable. Once you have determined the root cause and undergone the proper acne treatment, all you need to do is make some minor lifestyle changes in terms of your hygiene, cleanliness, diet, etc. to ensure that you are not burdened with this problem again.