Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that affect both men and women during their teenage years. However, some people have to deal with this problem for an extended period, even in their 30s and 40s. Find out the causes of acne and the various treatment options available for it in Bangalore.
What Are The Causes Of Acne?
The primary cause of acne is the overproduction of sebum by enlarged sebaceous glands. The clogging of hair follicles and an increase in bacterial activity within the skin pores results in breakouts.
Acne may manifest in any of the below forms:
While an acne outbreak primarily occurs on the face (forehead, nose, and chin), scalp acne and back acne are also common.
Also Read: Safe And Effective Treatments For Acne
What Are The Triggers That Can Make Acne Worse?
The following factors may worsen your acne condition:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Increased stress
- Food allergies
- Excessive sugar intake
- Use of products not suitable for your skin type
- An abrasive method of scrubbing and cleansing
- Use of corticosteroids and anti-epileptic drugs.
What Are The Acne Treatment Options Available In Bangalore?
Here are some of the effective treatments that leading dermatologists in Bangalore recommend:
- Acne control peel: Dermatologists use plant-based chemical peels for controlled exfoliation of the skin to control breakouts.
- Comedone extraction: Certified therapists perform a specialised procedure to eliminate whiteheads and blackheads using sterile tools.
- Oral medications and topical applications: Doctors follow a multi-pronged approach to treat the underlying cause and the inflammation that causes acne.
- Intralesional injections: Dermatologists administer injections to treat nodular and cystic acne and prevent scarring.A dermatologist is the best person to recommend the right modality of acne treatment for you based on your skin type, the severity of the skin condition and the underlying cause. Many doctors may also advise laser resurfacing treatment for removing acne scars after your breakouts are under control.
Also Read: Acne Vulgaris – Causes And Treatment Options
What Is The Acne Treatment Procedure?
Here are a few steps you can expect if you opt for acne treatment at a reputed skin clinic.
- During your consultation with a dermatologist, he will analyse your skin type and condition. He will also record your medical history and lifestyle and dietary habits.
- The doctor will identify the grade of acne and the underlying cause before designing a customised treatment plan.
- He will give you pre-care instructions to follow before scheduling an appointment for the treatment.
- The treatment procedure will take place in a planned manner with calibrated intervals to attain optimal results.
- The doctor will share details of post-care guidelines and suggest follow up sessions after you complete your acne treatment.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate?
Anyone above the age of 18 years of age having acne is a suitable candidate for this advanced aesthetic procedure. However, lactating and pregnant women should avoid opting for it.
Is The Treatment Permanent?
Any acne treatment can give you permanent results only if it addresses the underlying cause. You can enjoy long-lasting satisfaction if you follow the post-care guidelines and do not suffer from any hormonal disturbances.
What Is The Cost of Acne Treatment In Bangalore?
Acne control peels at reputed skin clinics in Bangalore may cost you between Rs 1500 and Rs 8000 per session. Topical applications and oral medications for acne management come for a price that ranges from Rs 200 to Rs 2000.
However, the cost of treatment may vary for every individual as your dermatologist may recommend a standalone or customised treatment based on your skin type, the underlying cause, the severity of the condition and the number of sessions you need.
The prices mentioned here are indicative only and varies from one clinic to another based on its location and reputation, the technology available and the experience of the doctor performing the procedure.
Why Should You Opt For Acne Treatment At Oliva Clinic, Bangalore?
Here are the top 8 reasons why Oliva is the best skin clinic for acne treatment in Bangalore:
- After undergoing acne treatment at Oliva, 95% of our clients enjoy blemish-free skin for many years as we offer holistic and customised care.
- Oliva’s commitment to safety protocol minimises risks and helps achieve the best results.
- Acne treatment sessions at Oliva are painless and comfortable.
- The experienced dermatologists at our Bangalore clinics specialise in acne management and treat all grades and types of acne.
- Our team of leading dermatologists and certified therapists have an outstanding track record of completing more than 70,000 procedures successfully.
- With seven state-of-the-art facilities across the city of Bangalore at Indira Nagar, HSR, HRBR, Jayanagar, Sadashivanagar and Koramangala, you can opt for an appointment at your nearest Oliva Clinic.
- All our clinics have the latest, USFDA-approved technology available in India.
- With more than 2.5 lakh happy clients, Oliva is one of the most trusted brands in the country for professional dermatology care.
Before And After Results
Before and After results of the client undergone acne treatment at Oliva Clinic.
Top 5 Tips To Prevent Acne
Here are some simple tips you can follow to prevent acne.
- Ask your dermatologist to recommend products that contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and alpha-hydroxy acids to prevent breakouts.
- Use non-comedogenic skincare products based on your skin type.
- Follow a proper skin care regimen that includes cleansing, toning and moisturising.
- Eat a balanced diet rich in minerals and vitamins to enjoy healthy skin.
- Increase your intake of water to keep your skin hydrated.
If you experience breakouts even after following the above steps, then it is time to seek professional medical help.
When Is It A Good Time To Visit Your Dermatologist?
It is advisable to consult a dermatologist if you notice the following:
- If you suddenly start having breakouts, then it is better to consult a dermatologist to find out if there is an underlying hormonal disturbance causing it.
- If you have cystic acne that appears as inflamed and painful bumps on your skin, you should seek immediate medical attention to prevent permanent collagen damage.
- If you notice that acne is scarring your skin, ask for a doctor’s advice to prevent it.
Though acne is not a life-threatening condition, it may cause permanent scars. Remember, acne is easily treatable if you take timely action. If you are suffering from acne, go ahead and seek the advice of an experienced dermatologist at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic today and get ready to flaunt a blemish-free complexion!