The tragedy of waking up with a face full of pimples is nothing short of a nightmare. There are usually no warning signs and at the same time your self- esteem, confidence, and identity start dwindling. But what are your options?
The skin care industry is a huge market that generates marketing gimmicks and false claims that their product can remove pimples in one day.
You may have seen advertisements claiming to give instant results. Store shelves and the internet are flooded with quick, miraculous products that guarantee you recover from pimples forever. These claims are exaggerated.
The effectiveness of these products is questionable. Any form of skin disease takes it time to heal and recover. If you are still unsure, then here are some reasons why such claims do not work.
Why Removing Pimples In One Day Will Not Work?
1. Over-Hyped Product – Before splurging on “miracle” products, always do your research. Often, the marketing department will claim unrealistic guarantees, making their customers scapegoats and waste their money and time. Customers are often gullible about these claims and suffer the consequences. The products do not go through a thorough vetting process nor do they provide sufficient information regarding the effect of the product and how it works.
Most customers believe in commercials, blogs and even paid reviews that seem to trap and disappoint them.
Investing in a cream/ ointment that magically cure all pimples within 24 hours can seem ideal for many. It may be even “help” to a certain degree, but more often than not, these products have caused severe side-effects that can damage the skin (sometimes even permanently).
Also Read: Effective Treatments For Acne/Pimple
2. Understand What’s Causing Your Acne- Acne (the medical term for pimples) can occur for many different reasons. Some common reasons why pimples show up can be classified into the following groups:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive production of sebum
- Unhealthy diet and lack of hydration
- Menstrual cycle
- Hereditary factors and genes
Leave the treatment to trained medical professionals who will be able to diagnose and treat pimples in a safe manner without aggravating or damaging the skin. Understanding the cause behind them will help overcome this skin issue. You can then practice preventive measures to stop pimples from appearing on your face.
Also Read: Why Teenagers Get Acne & How To Treat It?
3. Against The Natural Process Of Healing – Falling for such claims is dangerous and misleading. Any illness or disease (since acne is a skin disease) cannot be cured instantly. It requires a time frame of 2 weeks to 3 months for the body to recover and allow the skin to heal. Especially in cases with extensive medical treatments.
Also interfering or hastening the healing process might leave scars, large pores and the danger of recurring pimples. Giving your pimples time to heal will benefit the health of your skin in the long run.
Why Going To A Dermatologist Is Safe?
If you are experiencing a sudden outbreak of pimples and acne, then the best and most viable solution is to visit your local dermatologist.
A dermatologist is a skin doctor who specializes in treating pimples and other skin conditions.
Seeking medical help will ensure the outbreak is controlled and treated with safe prescription-grade medication without aggravating the situation. Dermatologists can also identify the type of a pimple along with the cause, ensuring a proper diagnosis and allowing for better treatment. This will provide faster results without the use of harsh/ alternative medicine.
What Is The Best Way to Tackle Pimples?
Pimples give no warning before they attack your lovely skin. When they do show up unexpectedly, it can be difficult to tackle the situation without aggravating the pimples. Here are some easy tips to keep your pimple issue contained till you can visit a dermatologist.
- Apply some ice on the pimples for 5-10 minutes to reduce the swelling and redness.
- Do not pop, squeeze, scratch, pinch or touch the pimples. This will spread the bacteria and even push some of it deep into the skin pores, causing them to re-surface again. Popping pimples will also create more pimples.
- Do not use fresh acidic fruit juice (lemon, strawberry, tomato juice) directly on the pimple. This may irritate the pimple and make it difficult to heal.
- Allow the pimple to heal naturally. Interfering with the drying and healing process of pimples will leave blemishes, scars, and marks to form.
- Clean anything that needs to come in contact with your face. Pillow cases, mobile phones, makeup tools, scarves etc. This will prevent the spread of acne and pimples.
We all want instant results and are usually impatient. But in order to heal pimples, it requires time and patience. Please do not fall for the marketed gimmicks and seek professional, medical help to cure your pimples.