Our body needs vital nutrients to function in an ideal way. The lack of the needed vitamins and minerals can have a direct impact on our body. For instance, it can affect the natural hair growth cycle and lead to the thinning of hair as well. Therefore, if you want healthy and lustrous hair, then you must consume the right. It is thus important to know the foods that can cause healthy hair growth.
Best Foods For Healthy Hair
It has been observed that the lack of vitamins (like B or C) and minerals (like iron or zinc) can drastically affect our hair. To compensate the lack of nutrients, you can either consume supplements or natural products. Here are some recommended Indian foods for hair growth and thickness that should be a part of your diet.
- Spinach – It is one of the best vegetable helpful for hair growth and thickness. It is a source of iron, magnesium, etc. all of which are needed for nourishing the hair follicles. Besides that, it is also a source of omega-3, calcium, and potassium. Not only these nutrients make spinach the best food for controlling hair fall, but its regular intake can also make your hair healthy and shiny.
- Avocados – They can readily be consumed or added in plenty of dishes. They are high in vitamin B and E. These vitamins work on a cellular level and strengthen our hair follicles. While Vitamin E nourishes our scalp, vitamin B makes our hair stronger.
- Sweet potatoes – If you are suffering hair loss due to dandruff or flaky scalp, then you should certainly include sweet potatoes in your diet. Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene, which is a type of antioxidant. Our body naturally converts it into vitamin A. It nourishes our scalp and fights against dandruff.
- Beans – They are already known as one of the best vegetables for hair growth. This is because bean sprouts are rich in silica. Silica makes it easier for our body to absorb various minerals and vitamins. Therefore, if you are trying to prevent hair loss, but don’t have enough silica in your body, then it might not work. This is what makes beans a must-have natural food for hair growth.
- Soybeans – They have around 40% of protein, which makes them extremely healthy for our body. You might already know how significant protein is to promote hair growth and thickness. After all, 97% of our hair is made of protein. If you are a vegetarian, then you should consume an adequate amount of soybeans to get the needed protein for your body.
- Berries – Almost all the major varieties of berries are rich in essential nutrients that are beneficial for our hair and scalp. For instance, strawberries are rich in vitamin C that can boost the production of collagen. Blueberries contain antioxidants that can help with split ends and the overall nourishment of the hair. Gooseberries can cure flaky scalp while elderberries can be a rich source of protein.
- Nuts and Seeds – Different kinds of dry fruits, nuts, and seeds are rich in various nutrients and should be included in a diet for hair growth. Most of the nuts and seeds contain minerals like iron, zinc, and sulphur. Also, they contain a vital amount of protein and vitamin E. They can help with blood circulation in your scalp and help your follicles absorb the needed nutrients.
- Milk – Besides fruits and vegetables, milk should also be a part of your diet to reduce hair fall. It contains protein and calcium – both of them are highly beneficial for hair growth. However, you should try to consume low-fat milk and dairy products to attain a balanced diet for hair growth.
- Oats – They would make an ideal choice for breakfast and can easily be included in your diet to reduce hair fall. They are rich in minerals like potassium, iron, phosphorous, and magnesium. You can have them with milk to get a nutritive diet.
- Lentils – If you wish to include folic acid foods for hair growth in your diet, then you should try lentils. Besides folic acid, lentils also have vitamin B, iron, zinc, and protein. Its regular intake will improve the overall quality of your hair while healing your scalp.
- Citrus Fruits – Fruits like orange, tangerine, and lemon are one of the most helpful foods for hair loss recovery. Most of the citrus fruits have an evident amount of vitamin C and folic acid. In particular, oranges are considered one of the essential folic acid foods for hair growth and thicknes. These fruits will make your hair lustrous while providing vital nutrients to your hair follicles.
- Broccoli – There is a reason why broccoli is considered one of the healthiest vegetable of all. It is extremely rich in vitamin C and A. While vitamin C will nourish your hair, vitamin A is needed to produce sebum. Broccoli should be included in hair fall control diet as it improves our blood circulation as well.
Must Read: Can Weight Loss Cause Hair Loss?
- Tomatoes – If tomatoes are not a part of your diet plan already, then you should certainly consider adding them. They are extremely rich in lycopene, which is a kind of antioxidant. It boosts the growth of protein and improves the quality of your hair.
- Mangoes – They are one of the most delicious fruits. Not only are mangoes tasty, they are good for our health as well. Mangoes are rich in vitamin E and are a good source of natural beta-carotene. It improves the level of oxygen in our body and its circulation in the blood.
- Watermelons – Almost all the varieties of melons are good for our skin and hair. Out of them, watermelon is considered one of the preferred hair growth food for both men and women. This is because watermelon is rich in citrulline. It results in the production of Arginine (a kind of amino acid) in our body, which is extremely helpful for our hair. Thus, watermelon is considered as an ideal food to promote hair growth and thickness.
- Asparagus – It is one of the most recommended folic acid foods for hair growth. Besides that, it also contains iron, fibre, vitamin A, and C. If you have a bowl of asparagus on a regular basis, then you can have stronger and shiny hair in the long run.
- Chicken – It is a source of a significant amount of protein and vitamin B. It is also rich in minerals like zinc and iron. A lot of people suffer from hair loss due to iron or vitamin B deficiency. If you have the same problem, then chicken would be the best food for hair growth for you.
- Oysters – They are not only delicious but extremely good for our body as well. They have a high quantity of protein and zinc. The lack of zinc can cause a flaky scalp and increase the amount of hair loss as well. Due to this, oysters are recommended as zinc-rich foods for hair growth. Therefore, if you want to prevent hair loss and get a healthy scalp, then include oysters in your diet to reduce hair fall.
- Red Meat – Individuals suffering from iron deficiency can also include red meat in their diet plan to promote hair growth. It is extremely rich in iron, protein, vitamin A, and B3. Iron would also help your body to absorb the needed nutrients. However, you should consume fresh and lean red meat to get better results.
- Shrimp – They are not only tasty but loaded with tons of vital nutrients as well. Besides being a major source of protein, they have iron, zinc, and vitamin B. All these nutrients can nourish your scalp and improve the thickness of your hair. It is also considered as an ideal food to stop hair fall.
- Eggs – You might already know that eggs are one of the major sources of protein. A protein-rich diet can directly help us strengthen our hair. Besides that, eggs are also a natural source of iron, zinc, sulphur, vitamin B12, and selenium. All of these components are extremely beneficial for our hair. You can apply eggs on your scalp as well, for their sheer nourishment and conditioning properties.
How can PRP therapy help you for hair loss?
Now when you know about the beneficial food for hair growth, you can certainly provide all the vital nutrients to your body. Feel free to include these vegetables, nuts, dairy products, and other food items in your diet. Also, exercise more often and always keep your body hydrated. Maintain an active lifestyle and treat your body right for a healthy body and peaceful mind.