Electrolysis is a USFDA-approved procedure for the removal of unwanted hair. An electric current is used to target and destroy hair follicles to prevent the growth of new hair. In most cases, it is permanent, though results may vary.
How Does Electrolysis Hair Removal Work?
In an electrolysis procedure, a fine, needle-like electrode, much like an epilator, is inserted into every hair is adjustable based on the hair type and the treatment area. Consequently, the existing hair falls and new hair stops growing.
Electrolysis Hair Removal works well for people of any skin and hair type or colour. It is also safe for those with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Must Read: How To Remove Unwanted Hair Permanently?
What Results Can I Expect From Electrolysis Hair Removal?
Hair growth progressively decreases over a series of sessions, and in many cases, people see that their hair disappears. Electrolysis is a slower method of hair removal, and the time taken to see results will differ from individual to individual. Results largely depend upon the size of the area treated.
What Body Areas Can Electrolysis Hair Removal Treat?
What Are The Benefits Of Electrolysis Hair Removal?
- Long-lasting results
- No downtime
- No use of harsh chemicals
Who is the Right Candidate for Electrolysis Hair Removal?
Anyone who is at least 18 years old, not pregnant or lactating, can go for electrolysis.
How Much Does Electrolysis Hair Removal Cost In India?
The cost of electrolysis hair removal in India ranges from Rs 2,500 to Rs 4,000 per session. It may vary based on the size of the target area, the density of hair growth and the number of sessions required.
The above prices are indicative only. Please visit a reputed clinic to know the exact cost.
Pre-preparation & Post Care For Electrolysis Hair Removal
- The treatment may cause some pain and discomfort. The doctor may give you a topical anaesthetic to help, but it can be applied only to small areas.
- The regular use of sunscreen also prevents the skin from getting damaged before a treatment.
Post Electrolysis Care
- After a session, do not scratch the treated area which will help avoid bacterial infections.
- Apply an antibacterial cream or ointment on the treated area at night.
- If small scabs form after a session, do not scratch them as that may lead to scarring.
- Strictly avoid makeup application for at least 24 hours.
- Pigmentation can be avoided by using a sunscreen or covering the treated area with clothing.
What Are The Side Effects & Risks Involved?
- Skin damage is one of the primary side effects of Electrolysis.
- Post-treatment, the appearance of blisters on the treated area is a common occurrence.
- Electrolysis on the face and bikini area may cause swelling and inflammation, particularly if the treated area is large.
The more severe risks that Electrolysis Hair Removal may pose include –
- Infection caused by the usage of an unsterile needle during the treatment
- The formation of scars including keloid scars
- Discoloration or change in skin colour
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Watch this video now:
Laser Hair Removal Vs Electrolysis
Here is a review of the main differences between Laser and Electrolysis hair removal.
|Laser Hair Removal||Electrolysis Hair Removal|
|Targets hair follicles using a laser beam||Targets hair follicles with a fine probe transmitting an electric current|
|Treats several hairs at once and takes less time to complete a session||Treats one hair follicle at a time and is a time-consuming procedure|
|Takes fewer sessions to show results||Takes more sessions to show results|
|Different lasers can be used to treat various skin types.||Suitable for all skin and hair type/colour|
|Minimal post-treatment care required||Extensive post-treatment care required|
|Minor and temporary redness after treatment||Risk of scabs and infection from unsterilized needles|
|Pain-free||Painful requires anaesthesia|
For more information visit your nearest Oliva Clinic today!