Wondering How to remove pubic hair? Well! It might still be a taboo for many women and men. And, it is high time that this topic is addressed correctly and openly for the benefit of everyone. Removal of pubic hair for both males and females is a preferred choice by many and its popularity is on the rise with many hair removal methods catering to this body area specifically these days. The choice can be confusing but just a little bit of research can help you pick the best way to remove pubic hair.
What Causes Hair Growth On Pubic Areas?
Hair growth on the pubic area is a part of the natural growth process of the body. As puberty sets in, there is an increase in sex hormones in the body – namely androgens in males and estrogen in females. Both female pubic hair and male pubic hair are considered as secondary sexual characteristics that are seen in adolescents and adults.
Is It Necessary To Remove Pubic Hair?
Yes, hair removal from the pubic area is necessary for both women or men for hygienic reasons. Specially to prevent UTI (urinary tract infections in females) Some people also prefer to keep this area smooth and hair-free for aesthetic reasons, by opting for different ways to remove pubic hair.
There are many methods for pubic hair removal that offer either a temporary solution or a permanent one. Popular methods to remove pubic hair includes trimming, shaving, waxing, and laser hair removal. The option of how much pubic hair to remove lies with the person, as the preference differs from individual to individual.
Also Read: Laser Hair Removal Treatment
How Remove Pubic Hair At Home?
Here are some traditional and temporary methods that can be used to get rid of pubic hair for a quick fix situation. They are painful and time consuming also they need touch ups every few weeks –
- Waxing – Applying hot or cold wax and pulling away the hair along with the wax gives you hair-free skin for two to three weeks. The hot wax can cause burns if not exercised with caution. The risk of infection also exists if hygiene is not maintained.
- Shaving – Probably one of the easiest methods however, nicks and cuts are common with shaving and also are ingrown hair. Shaving does not provide hair-free pubic skin for more than two to three days. Itching is common side effect.
- Trimming – The hair length is trimmed manually using scissors, clippers or an electric trimmer. But they do not give smooth skin as just the length of the hair is trimmed and rather it gives a coarse feeling.
- Tweezing – The most time consuming method used to remove pubic hair is tweezing. Plucking out all the pubic hair with a pair of sharp tweezers can take hours. Even though the results last for a couple of days, caution needs to be maintained. Cuts can develop and infections can aggravate the issue in such cases.
- Depilatory Creams – These creams are formulated with chemicals that dissolve the connection between the hair strands and its root. Thus, the hair dislodges easily. Allergic reactions or burns due to the chemicals is fairly common.
Is Hair Removal Cream Safe For Genital Area?
Some products, namely depilatory creams, are marketed for pubic hair removal and sold in stores across the country. The ingredients used in such creams are harsh chemicals that are meant to literally melt away the hair from the hair root. It is best if such products are not used for pubic hair removal. The skin is very sensitive in the pubic area and the chemicals can easily damage it to the extent of causing burns.
How To Remove Pubic Hair Permanently?
By adopting the advanced methods like laser hair reduction, it can be easy to get rid of pubic hair effectively. The hair growth in the public region is just like the hair growth on any other part of the body. If you remove them by using pubic hair removal products or shaving/waxing, the hair will grow back in a matter of a few days. For permanent pubic hair removal, the hair root needs to be destroyed so that no new hair develops from it. Like for the other areas of the body that have unwanted hair growth, such as underarms, legs, etc., permanent solutions exist. Laser hair removal and electrolysis are services that act as best methods to remove pubic hair too, because of their suitability and efficiency.
- Laser Treatment For Pubic Hair Removal – Laser hair removal is by far the most advanced and convenient of all dermatologic procedures to get rid of unwanted hair in pubic region. It not just slows down the hair growth but eventually prevents any further hair growth, post the completion of all sessions.
- Electrolysis For Pubic Hair Removal – Hair removal using electric current is termed as Electrolysis. It is offered in spas, salons and some skin clinics for permanent removal of pubic hair. A fine needle is inserted and the hair follicle is destroyed with the controlled electric current and hair growth stops in the treated area. The pain threshold needs to be high if you opt for this procedure as even numbing creams do not provide 100% relief when it comes ultra-sensitive areas such as the pubic region.
How Does Laser For Pubic Hair Removal Work?
Also known as laser bikini hair removal, it utilizes the USFDA approved laser technology to destroy the stem cells in the hair follicles that are responsible for hair growth. It works on the principal of STPL (selective photothermolysis) where-in the light energy is transferred to the stem cells where it converts into heat energy and destroys the pigment cells called chromophores present in the follicles. This heat energy also damages and impairs the hair bulbs eventually. Because the hair follicle is destroyed, new hair wont spring out from the skin leaving the pubic area hair-free and smooth (just like a baby’s buttocks). If performed by expert dermatologists, it is a safe procedure as it does not affect the other areas nearby. The procedure is also painless because of the advanced technology available in reputed skin clinics. For extremely sensitive patients, a numbing cream comes to the rescue so that no discomfort is felt during the treatment. Laser hair removal is touted as the best method to remove pubic hair permanently.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe For Pubic Area?
Yes, laser hair removal can be performed safely on the pubic area, if performed by an expert dermatologist maintaining all sterile conditions. There are different types of laser equipment’s available that allow the most suitable technology to be chosen and used for every skin type. The skin in the pubic area is sensitive so expert administration is required. This technology acts as the best way to remove pubic hair in both males and females.
How Much Does Pubic Laser Hair Removal Cost?
Pubic hair removal using laser can start at Rs. 5,000 per session and go up to Rs. 9,000 per session in India. The cost of each session is dependent on various factors such as the hair type, skin type and type of laser technology being used. In many cases, different technologies are used for every few sessions to achieve great results for pubic hair removal. The overall cost of pubic hair removal per session might be lowered eventually as many clinics offer packages for the entire treatment.
What Is The Best Way To Remove Pubic Hair – Laser Or Others?
Experts vouch for laser hair removal when you want to achieve permanent pubic hair removal. The results provided by this treatment are everlasting and the side effects it possesses are minimal. It is regarded as the best way to remove pubic hair in males and females because the laser energy can be altered to suit the sensitive skin present in this body part. The other methods for pubic hair removal pose higher risks or do not provide results that last longer than a few weeks.
Pubic hair removal is a hot topic among the current generation in India, where the smoothness of the skin and hygiene is preferred over the presence of excess hair. Conventional methods can provide you with temporary results and professional methods like laser hair removal offer results that last a lifetime. Choose wisely depending on your preferences and needs, while taking into account the pros and cons of each method for pubic hair removal.
FAQs On Pubic Hair Removal
- Can You Use Laser For Pubic Hair Removal?
Yes, laser hair removal can be used to get rid of pubic hair permanently. It is an advanced and safe method that provides excellent and long lasting results in a few sessions.
- Can You Remove Pubic Hair During Pregnancy?
Ideally, laser must not be used during pregnancy. Use at-home methods such as shaving or trimming to remove them during pregnancy. However, for professional methods such as laser treatment and electrolysis, it is best to check with your doctor before you opt for them.